Claw/fist questions

Options
caducs
caducs Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
I'm going to keep this quick and simple.

Currently I am making a Claw/Fist blademaster. I haven't played with Claw/Fists before so I wanna know some things.

Do claws/fists gain thier damage from Dex or Str? I know they need more Dex then Str so this is were I get abit confused.

Next I would like to know if going claw/fist, is it really worth it to heavy armor?

I search these threads and I see tons of Blades, Axes, and spear help but for claws it seems rare.
Post edited by caducs on

Comments

• kookie420
    kookie420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1. Str is for attack, Dex is for Acc Rate and Dodge. Elves get their attack power from Dex.

2. Heavy armor means better Physical Defence and less Magical Defence. Light Armor mean more Magical less Physical.

It's a toss up really on what armor you want. If you go heavy, just take your Str up just enough to wear your armor and put in enough Dex to use your weapon and the rest in VIt/Con. If you go Light Armor, Str is not required a whole lot, and dex on the armor should be covered with you weapon which is really high. Str brings up a little Defence, so does Con ( i believe Con does, I never pay attention while i'm playing). So armor is really up to the player. Go to www.ecatomb.net good website, has a character calculator.

Claw/Fist don't get a whole lot of love on the boards, it's the redheaded stepchild of Blademaster
  • caducs
    caducs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have done some research and found a few things.

From reading you want your Dex to be High enough for your weapons.

You want your Str high enough for your armor(heavy or light, doesn't matter). I think going light armor between 40-50 can save you some points.

Finally you want to dump the rest into Con.

Skills
    Draw Blood-Max
    Diamond Sutra-Max
    Aeolian Blade-max
    Shadow Less Kick- Max
    Muscle Alter Sutra-max
    Marrow Alter Sutra-leave at lvl 3
    Aura of the Golden Bell-max
    Fist Feat Mastery-MAX

For AoEing you would want Drake Sweep, Cloud sprint and Roar of the Pride.

That is all the information I could get for now.