What is it with you people?

Options
Epic - Lost City
Epic - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Why do you guys think that the devs for int can add new events, races, classes, and all that ****?

ALL THEY CAN DO IS ADD/FIX LITTLE THINGS.

If the chinese or malaysia versions don't have something, were not getting it... In the long run, the chinese, malaysian, and international versions will all be the same except from translations and a few tweaks here and there...

Do you guys not know what a port is?

An American company buys the rights to a game, the owners (NOT the company that has the rights to it) translate the game, then, the owners of the game send the game to rights owner, and the rights owner releases it... IN PIECES (Patches).

The devs have the full game, but they won't make any money if they release the full game at once, because people won't have a reason to play after that.

If they wanted to add something custom for our version, they would have to contact china, get the owners to code it, translate it, and put it in a patch they were going to send.
Post edited by Epic - Lost City on

Comments

• Bloodmess - Lost City
    Bloodmess - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What do you mean when you said "You people"?
  • Puredamage - Lost City
    Puredamage - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    what do "YOU" mean, you people?
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    Whizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    what sence does this topic make anyway...who is the dude angry at?
    at us?? or at the devs?
  • Bloodmess - Lost City
    Bloodmess - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Huh!? .
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Huh!? .

that was the word i was looking for :D
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Epic is merely expressing his distaste for the multitude of players that cry about wanting things that cannot be done by anyone but the original developers. Granted, PWI is a direct subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World, but that doesn't mean much as far as new content.
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tinkus wrote: »
    Epic is merely expressing his distaste for the multitude of players that cry about wanting things that cannot be done by anyone but the original developers. Granted, PWI is a direct subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World, but that doesn't mean much as far as new content.
    personally i think you are wrong here, games business is a global trade and if a developer let's his games be ported he has nothing to gain with delivering half a product to the porters. It's bad for his name, his business and above all his income.

besides that, even if they had delivered half a product it should be no problem for a good programmer to implement things as an adjustable control set, or a good p.o.f

of course i can be wrong...i am a programming nub for that matter
  • Epic - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tinkus wrote: »

Thank-you.

And guy above this, I'm not angry at anyone, if I was angry at anything, it's the way the suggestion forum is used.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    personally i think you are wrong here, games business is a global trade and if a developer let's his games be ported he has nothing to gain with delivering half a product to the porters. It's bad for his name, his business and above all his income.

besides that, even if they had delivered half a product it should be no problem for a good programmer to implement things as an adjustable control set, or a good p.o.f

of course i can be wrong...i am a programming nub for that matter

This is less about delivering less of a game and more about the fanbase wanting changes that would make no sense in the game's lore. Take the Untamed for instance. A lot of players think of them as werecreatures when they're more akin to faeries. Granted, a poor translation on PW-MY's part is to blame for this, but it's beating a dead horse at this point. The race is divided by gender, and each gender has one transformation based on Chinese myth. This will not change.

Now Cash Shop items are released a little at a time because it's a good business practice. Release new products to keep the consumer interested, but only a little at a time to avoid over-saturation of the market. Sure there will always be a small (albeit vocal) portion of the fanbase that's unhappy, but more often than not players spend a lot of money to get an edge in the game.

As far as I know, the remapping of control schemes is solely at the discretion of the developer, and the regional publisher has little to no say in the matter, I'm afraid.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Why do you guys think that the devs for int can add new events, races, classes, and all that ****?

If the chinese or malaysia versions don't have something, were not getting it... In the long run, the chinese, malaysian, and international versions will all be the same except from translations and a few tweaks here and there...

An American company buys the rights to a game, the owners (NOT the company that has the rights to it) translate the game, then, the owners of the game send the game to rights owner, and the rights owner releases it... IN PIECES (Patches).

The devs have the full game, but they won't make any money if they release the full game at once, because people won't have a reason to play after that.

If they wanted to add something custom for our version, they would have to contact china, get the owners to code it, translate it, and put it in a patch they were going to send.

Nooo thats bull. The American Team definitely knows how to code the game. All it is is a matter of them getting permission. You don't make a branch company and not have anyone on hand who c an alter the game that is just asking for some type of failure. If people who have ideas petitioned enough, things can be ok'd. Some things (Items) could come faster than others.

We pretty much have to show them that what we want in some way would profit them and they will get right on it. Especially in a dieing market like Americas. They need some solid evidence that the money they invest in the game will not fail.
  • Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear
    Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh man that was awesome. That definitely made my night.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Its called future updates and feedback? no one is getting hurt by hearing ideas of what the players want, maybe a year from now in some patch they might include it.

The BIGGEST problem by far tho is that events are not working and TW times are stupid, and that the admin on this server CAN fix. So yea we will bich and moan as long as it takes until its fixed.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow Epic, you have anger AND stupidity issues. It's one thing to randomly rant about something and another to be completely wrong about it. What do you think the suggestions forum is for? So the American team has something to do as they twiddle their thumbs and laugh about how none of it will ever really happen? Even if they couldn't program changes themselves as you claim, they can still send the good ideas to the main developers for consideration. Maybe this knowledge will untangle your panties a little bit.

Who would get angry over something like that, anyway?
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

The PWI company a subsidary of the main company in China. The American staff work for the makers of this game, this is not a simple "licensed to use" company. Go check out the coperate website.
  • Epic - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    God, you all are so ignorant.
  • Kamatayan - Lost City
    Kamatayan - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ohhhohohohoh Very nice....I like you.....High five. :D
    b:victory
  • Ellyshia - Heavens Tear
    Ellyshia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

hehe....man i love that movie