Perfect World Locale Versions?

Options
wacomalt
wacomalt Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I just noticed that there is a "Perfect World English" game and apparently a Malaysia one too. Why not just the international one (this is all of them in one right?). And what are the differences between them? Are there any more classes and stuff in the other ones? And where can I read this stuff? A quick Google didn't get me anything too explanatory.
Post edited by wacomalt on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    More stuff available in MY one I believe.

It's difficult to interact with all countries for a game. That's why there's always so many of them. Ones that start out in an area then get localized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    different gaming companies purchase the game where they feel its possible to make some profit out of it. typically once the game is purchased for a region, that region is IP blocked by other regions so they retain their customers.

there cannot just be 'one' international version because there are several gaming companies involved. the difference between servers isnt great. china will always have the latest version, usually followed by other asian regions, and lastly western regions. so only the game version varies, as well as cash shop items/prices.

u cant really read this stuff in one place. u'd have to check the various sites to see prices / versions / etc. if u find someone who can read chinese then u'll be able to see all the current up-to-date info.
  • Kamatayan - Lost City
    Kamatayan - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Big big difference in PW-MY and PWi from lagg to english to cubi prices.
    b:victory
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Aynway now u have [removed]
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carcia - Heavens Tear
    Carcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wouldn't mind some EU based server, have about the same latency towards the MY server as the PWI one (350ms)
  • Foxify - Lost City
    Foxify - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i still want a French and German client for International version.
    Or an EU version with those clients. i have many friends who would play International, If indeed it really was International and catered for the International community, rather than just the Englaish speakers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i still want a French and German client for International version.
    Or an EU version with those clients. i have many friends who would play International, If indeed it really was International and catered for the International community, rather than just the Englaish speakers

PW-MS will have clients available in those languages.
  • silverpierre94
    silverpierre94 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    where are these versions in german or other languages?
This discussion has been closed.