Perfect World Community Event Guild

Options
Dixie - Lost City
Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Some people have brought it to my attention that there should be a guild/faction for the events that I host in Perfect World . I have been considering this for the last week and have thought very carefully over the matter, thus I have decided to see where it goes with the people that make Perfect World what it is.

This guild will be less PvP/PK oriented and more charitable/helpful oriented. It will be designed to assist other players including those in other guilds as well as those not in any guilds at all. Most importantly it will be the guild behind all the events. No longer will it be Dixie's events or events hosted by Dixie but instead it will be a collaboration of many players efforts. Those in the guild are not required to donate towards these events but keep in mind your status is judged by how helpful and charitable you are, not by your level or experience in the game. Also keep in mind that those who would like to become a part of this guild will still be able to participate in the events also long as they are not hosting or playing a special role in it, that goes without saying.

Yes while this guild might be weak against those who might be determined to pk you in order to discourage you from staying, I would also point out that every guild has the same problem. If you are just in the game to Pvp then I would not recommend this guild to you, while it is possible we might play in Territory Wars this guild will exclusively be a non violent guild that will only focus on helping each other as well as everyone else. You also might ask why this type of guild in a PvP server? And I would answer, because the PvP server simply rocks and you know it. :P

No plans have been made to establish this guild as of yet, we are only getting the ball rolling as to the possibily of it. So have a voice in this idea, I know its not the first guild ever designed to do this and it wont be the last but I think something like this would be an excellent addition to the Lost City Server without it being "just another guild". So let me hear what you think, and if you find yourself intrigued by the idea or even possibly wanting to become a part of it let me know in this thread, lets also come up with some ideas for a name (keeping it very mature).

Have a blast and dont forget to check out the next upcoming event posted in the forum as well.
Post edited by Dixie - Lost City on

Comments

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Some people have brought it to my attention that there should be a guild/faction for the events that I host in Perfect World . I have been considering this for the last week and have thought very carefully over the matter, thus I have decided to see where it goes with the people that make Perfect World what it is.

This guild will be less PvP/PK oriented and more charitable/helpful oriented. It will be designed to assist other players including those in other guilds as well as those not in any guilds at all. Most importantly it will be the guild behind all the events. No longer will it be Dixie's events or events hosted by Dixie but instead it will be a collaboration of many players efforts. Those in the guild are not required to donate towards these events but keep in mind your status is judged by how helpful and charitable you are, not by your level or experience in the game. Also keep in mind that those who would like to become a part of this guild will still be able to participate in the events also long as they are not hosting or playing a special role in it, that goes without saying.

Yes while this guild might be weak against those who might be determined to pk you in order to discourage you from staying, I would also point out that every guild has the same problem. If you are just in the game to Pvp then I would not recommend this guild to you, while it is possible we might play in Territory Wars this guild will exclusively be a non violent guild that will only focus on helping each other as well as everyone else. You also might as why this type of guild in a PvP server? And I would answer, because the PvP server simply rocks and you know it. :P

No plans have been made to establish this guild as of yet, we are only getting the ball rolling as to the possibily of it. So have a voice in this idea, I know its not the first guild ever designed to do this and it wont be the last but I think something like this would be an excellent addition to the Lost City Server without it being "just another guild". So let me hear what you think, and if you find yourself intrigued by the idea or even possibly wanting to become a part of it let me know in this thread, lets also come up with some ideas for a name (keeping it very mature).

Have a blast and dont forget to check out the next upcoming event posted in the forum as well.
    If you do make such a guild and if you end up having some pvp problems, just PM and we'll lend a helping hand.

and good luck.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dixie - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bump.................
  • Soroboru - Heavens Tear
    Soroboru - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sounds interesting. However, I'd do this on HT or Sanctuary if I were you ^_^
    IGN: Suroboru
    Server: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I'd love to join, because half my time is spent helping people anyway, but I don't want to leave my current guild.

Best of luck though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • n0ob
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I would train a brand new character and play it in your guild so people don't abuse the identity and try to get close to you for etc. etc. stuff hell yeah cyberspace stalkers are a pain, I always wanted to train a ranged char.
    call it "Rainmakers" or something that makes sense to what you guys will be doing.

just a heads up, don't let the name be too girly :rolleyes:

and stick to lost city, the pvp could use this fun amidst the blood feast. PM me here in the forum if you make up your mind.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • halucin8
    halucin8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hey ppl i need help i downloaded and extracted .. and i can figure out what to do next :confused:please reply
  • n0ob
    edited October 2008
    Options
    halucin8 wrote: »
    hey ppl i need help i downloaded and extracted .. and i can figure out what to do next :confused:please reply
    please read:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11521

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seph2
    seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Rather a "formal" guild
    Might as well form a "organization" guild for events ONLY
    For example, all have the same type of Outfit and with the guild name on top
    So it will be very easy for everyone to understand that this is character helping events
    Could be just alternative characters
    but be selective~
  • n0ob
    edited October 2008
    Options
    seph2 wrote: »
    Rather a "formal" guild
    Might as well form a "organization" guild for events ONLY
    For example, all have the same type of Outfit and with the guild name on top
    So it will be very easy for everyone to understand that this is character helping events
    Could be just alternative characters
    but be selective~
    hmm that same type of outfit makes sense :>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dixie - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    A few name ideas I have had:

Community
    Coalition
    EventHorizon
    Event

and Happy Tail Friends :P

Just kidding about that last one.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

and Happy Tail Friends :P

The Shazzbot approves
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • n0ob
    edited October 2008
    Options

Community b:lipcurl
    Coalition b:surprised
    EventHorizon b:sweat
    Event

and Happy Tail Friends :P b:nosebleed

Just kidding about that last one.

Horizon, there we go, we have a winner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]