Zen Prices way to high!!!

icecream
icecream Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I just went visit other version of this game and there Zen price so much lower then this version WHY? And why raise price on charms leave them at 1.5 gold
50 gold for a mount 50$ is alot dont you thing Gm ; P

:eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There's an entire forum on this lower down the list, and belive me when I say this is a battle that has been going on since the closed beta days. PWI has actually lost a lot of players due to the prices, and even more so, the silence we are getting from GMs who rarely respond to any questions. Not that they don't check often, but we hardly hear from them on subjects important to us. I myself would buy cash shop items if they weren't so expensive. That 50 bucks for a snake could (and would) buy me the pc version of fallout3, something that would keep my attention for 100x (x = the more amount of zeros you see fit to add) longer than Pwi with a riding snake. Not that I'm saying the game itself is bad, it is fantastic, just the extra perks cost too much for the perk you get.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • Soroboru - Heavens Tear
    Soroboru - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey, nobody said it was cheap. If they did, we'd all have something to complain about.

Don't like the prices? Don't pay/play. :D
    IGN: Suroboru
    Server: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venexis - Heavens Tear
    Venexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hmm i was just on PWMY and to me. there GOLD prices was 2x as much as pwi's on some things. liek there mounts are like 50 gold to where ours are only 30... but relativly i think it equals out. since there price for zen in abit cheaper. so again.. why are ppl btching? not to mention go farm ur lazy ****'s and get it in game. lol -.- so far this is only game to offer tht feature.
  • isoton
    isoton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Obviously your math skills are lacking since the payment of cubigold for cash is much more so it more then evens out PWMY is a lot cheaper. That is a fact its like 2/3 cheaper. Yea so either prices of everything in item mall should be halved or the amount of gold to dollars should be doubled
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hmm i was just on PWMY and to me. there GOLD prices was 2x as much as pwi's on some things. liek there mounts are like 50 gold to where ours are only 30... but relativly i think it equals out. since there price for zen in abit cheaper. so again.. why are ppl btching? not to mention go farm ur lazy ****'s and get it in game. lol -.- so far this is only game to offer tht feature.

hey why dont you get a job and see how much pwi costs you to buy what you want I.e charms/mounts/clothes eats out of your paycheck. plus ive played other mmo's i find mounts here more expensive then other mmos ive played that sells mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Coraxor - Heavens Tear
    Coraxor - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I still don't get what the deal is with people saying the game is too expensive.

I bought 20G.

I bought:

Strider Vestment
    12(!) Training Esoteria
    1 Silver Health charm
    And my Manta mount!

Sure, some people might think that things seem expensive, but if you look closely, you realise that the really important things (XP Scrolls, Guardian Angels, Bronze/Silver Charms, Arcane Tomes) are actually available with a minimum purchase. you just need to shop around, instead of just buying one of everything.

And buying fireworks.

Muskie
  • ningi
    ningi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I still don't get what the deal is with people saying the game is too expensive.

I bought 20G.

I bought:

Strider Vestment
    12(!) Training Esoteria
    1 Silver Health charm
    And my Manta mount!

Sure, some people might think that things seem expensive, but if you look closely, you realise that the really important things (XP Scrolls, Guardian Angels, Bronze/Silver Charms, Arcane Tomes) are actually available with a minimum purchase. you just need to shop around, instead of just buying one of everything.

And buying fireworks.

Muskie

Rofl, how interesting. A lvl 22 talking about buying charms.

Wait till you get to level 60+ and start realising how much fun it is to use up 5-6 charms per day. Trust me, you'll love it. And so will your wallet. <3

I myself am out for now. Was planning on buying some **** beforehand, but I just recently broke my finger in a training accident and realised that it's a good time to take a break. Once I heal up I might come back if prices drop, if not, oh well, it's been fun. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sibelius
    sibelius Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What is dollar to Zen rate anyway ?

I cant access Zen charge for now to figure for myself..(been 4 days )some buggy thing.Many tickets later i still have no access and still cant make my mind if its really that much more expensive then PW-ME.
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    $1-100 zen, its sold in amounts of $10, $20, $30, $50
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sibelius wrote: »
    What is dollar to Zen rate anyway ?

I cant access Zen charge for now to figure for myself..(been 4 days )some buggy thing.Many tickets later i still have no access and still cant make my mind if its really that much more expensive then PW-ME.

Conversation Rate: 100 ZEN = 1 Gold = 100 Silver

And it's 100 Zen per $1 so basically $1=1 Gold with a silly second xfer thing in the middle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icedust
    icedust Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i really don't see why peopel are whineing...don't peopel know that you can buy gold for ingame coins?...i'm only lvl 16 and i can easly earn 2-3 gold a day if i want...and even if you don't the game is still fun to play with out a mount. And heres a question for the peopel who think the prizes are to high: what do you prefer A. a MMO that is 100% free to play and offers unnessesary special items for a $priser or B. a MMO with no special items that cost 20-30$ a month to play...
  • icedust
    icedust Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ningi wrote: »

Wait till you get to level 60+ and start realising how much fun it is to use up 5-6 charms per day. Trust me, you'll love it. And so will your wallet. <3

I myself am out for now. Was planning on buying some **** beforehand, but I just recently broke my finger in a training accident and realised that it's a good time to take a break. Once I heal up I might come back if prices drop, if not, oh well, it's been fun. =]

if you need 5-6 charms a day then maybe your char just insn't good enough
  • ningi
    edited October 2008
    icedust wrote: »

...Or maybe you are just a clueless lvl 16 who should shut the **** up and learn the game before talking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ...Or maybe you are just a clueless lvl 16 who should shut the **** up and learn the game before talking.

Real mature.
  • ningi
    edited October 2008
    Definitely more mature than a lvl 16 trying to teach others how the game works, tyvm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hey are we talking about Zen prices are too high to buy with cash, or Zen prices are too high in game??

Zanko~
    edited October 2008
    Definitely more mature than a lvl 16 trying to teach others how the game works, tyvm.

Keep telling yourself that.
  • Pixiewink - Heavens Tear
    Pixiewink - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In the last couple updates they have been reducing a couple of the prices on things in the cash shop. So atleast on some level they ARE listening to the complaints about how far you buck can go compared to the other versions. Given it little more time and hopefully it should get closer to where the other ones are at.

Also about the new mount costing 50 bucks. You guys do realize that it says its only available for a limited time right. Basically all that means is those who "blow" $50 on it can wait till a month or so after its not around anymore and sell it to people who want it but weren't around and sell it for 10's of millions of ingame gold. They are banking on the value of it going up due to it being rare.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hey, nobody said it was cheap. If they did, we'd all have something to complain about.

If only everyone did that...

QUOTE=icedust;704451]i really don't see why peopel are whineing...don't peopel know that you can buy gold for ingame coins?...i'm only lvl 16 and i can easly earn 2-3 gold a day if i want...and even if you don't the game is still fun to play with out a mount. And heres a question for the peopel who think the prizes are to high: what do you prefer A. a MMO that is 100% free to play and offers unnessesary special items for a $priser or B. a MMO with no special items that cost 20-30$ a month to play...[/QUOTE]

You don't have any clue what you're talking about.

In a couple months, gold will be 400-500k (technically should be more since we pay 3x more than on MY and last i looked gold was 300k on MY (33cents))
    Only werefoxes can afford that...

At level 60+ werebeasts and EPs use at least one silver heiro a day, that's absolutely ridiculous they should only be $1.5 at MAX which is still high.
    Do you have any freaking clue how hard it is to get people to do bosses at 60+? When they arent complaining about the fact bosses give NO EXP (LOLCHINESE GAMES, in L2 bosses were incredible exp), they're complaining that the priest and wb are both going broke on heiros.

And don't even get me started on how bad drops are for bosses, heck, even mobs...
    No, sorry, you just haven't played the game. It's completely different at 50+.
    Real mature.

Ironic because you're being far less mature, and ignorant too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • azraelkurai
    azraelkurai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    [QUOTE=icedust;704451. a MMO that is 100% free to play and offers unnessesary special items for a $priser [/QUOTE]

Now I don't claim to be an expert, as I myself have not been playing that long and am only in my 20s, so I definitely don't know anything about charms and the likes, but "uneccessary" is in my opinion far from the truth.

My biggest thing is that this game has the absolute SMALLEST inventory in MMO history. Inventory size is important to me (so much that even in WoW I ended up spending close to 10,000 gold alone to ensure that my bank and bags were as big as they can be). No matter the game, the first thing I always do is expand my inventory. Usually, these games offer enough space to be able to live without too many extra slots in the beginning, but not Perfect World. Perfect World's starting inventory is so small that by level 10 on each character I had to slow down my leveling to spend most of my logged time with my shop open (no way am I vendoring something for 120 coins when players are buying it for 2000 coins). This, unfortunately, makes the game more frustrating, and the only way to expand your inventory is through inventory stones bought at the cash shop (after the first two bank quests).

So unfortunately, I disagree with you. While most cash shop items are not needed to enjoy the game, some of them are. Even pre-60.
    edited October 2008
    Ironic because you're being far less mature, and ignorant too.

I'm not the one snapping and needlessly insulting people for their ignorant post. For the record, kiddo, I've not posted anything to be "ignorant" about myself b:laugh. As for the rest, you do have a few good points. Have fun.

Inventory-wise, I do agree that it starts off too small. With the default inventory size, there's hardly enough for required items, much less loot. They pretty much rob you of an industry standard feature, but the price of expanding it isn't terribly expensive in the long run. Especially since you can buy the inventory/bank expansion stones from other players for maybe two day's worth of casual farming using in-game coin.

It does give most people an excuse to at least spend some money in the cash shop, which is good for their profits and no doubt why the default size is so small to begin with. I just wish they would hurry up with the cupboard and wardrobe bank options.
  • Eddardstark - Heavens Tear
    Eddardstark - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    On the subject of inventory and shops... what lvl do you need to be to purchase from a shops basket (I think it's called) or is this a bug that need tobe fixed?

Also it doesn't matter what city on the map, do I need some kind of charm or something?

thx
    MR>>
  • anushk
    anushk Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A shops basket is what the shop owner wants to buy...you can sell them that item if you have it for the price they have named..
  • strasaphere
    strasaphere Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ningi wrote: »

CoughownedCough

(I know he's wrong but it's just the concept =D)
  • Maxgod - Heavens Tear
    Maxgod - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The only thing I really hate about PW International is the item mall prices. Prices are just way too expensive and I really do need some of the item mall stuff. It is soOO annoying playing without heiros (aka charms), pet ride mounts, inventory space, money, etc. I feel like a playing very poor man
  • g3dragon
    g3dragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have seen or played games that cash shop prices are even worse... b:sad
    I personally feel that the zen prices are alright for this F2P game.
    This is the way of keeping the game going and yet people craving for more. What happens if all the items are way too cheap and everyone ingame has it? It will make the game die faster.

Rather, i have some important points to add. I think that the bank inventory is way too limited. I kinda hate to do quest and find those materials when all my slots are already full, forcing me to sacrifice some items just to expand so little space, and making us spend zen to get the bigger inventory space.
  • Maxgod - Heavens Tear
    Maxgod - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    g3dragon wrote: »
    Rather, i have some important points to add. I think that the bank inventory is way too limited. I kinda hate to do quest and find those materials when all my slots are already full, forcing me to sacrifice some items just to expand so little space, and making us spend zen to get the bigger inventory space.

You must not know about the inventory extention stone from item mall. You sound like a first time to PW. Wait until you are 70+ when your skills cost 200K+ to upgrade. b:surrender

Do not advertise for other MMOs.
  • Drtmaverick - Sanctuary
    Drtmaverick - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Well problem is we like to play, and some of us didn't realize the dollar to gold rate was 1:1 otherwise we wouldn't have spent 50 dollars in the first place to watch it go down the drain after a week. Until the prices go down I won't be spending money on the shop again, and I advise everyone else wait until they have to lower the prices due to loss of money.

I don't understand why they keep ignoring this fact and lowering a single item's price a week (and not by much), they said something about it 'being unfair to the people who already bought items', well we realize it's too late to get our money back, dragging your heals on lowering item prices isn't going to help, it's just going to stall us on spending more money for zen. If you're rich enough not to complain about spending 50 dollars on a ride for a game, please pay my rent too.

Also spending 9 dollars expanding my bank size isn't my idea of fairness, it's kinda schemy.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Do not advertise for other MMOs.

maxgod:

please check your PM box for details regarding a warning notice that has been placed on your account.

please refer to rule #19 of of Forums Rules of Conduct and please refrain from spreading incorrect pricing information.

please reply back to me through PMs if you would like to discuss this further.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • ravenor
    ravenor Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I totally Agree that the prices need to come WAY down.
    I understand that they need to turn a profit too, but this is insanity, I'd much rather pay a monthly fee over how much it costs to buy things in the item mall. out of all the MMO's I've played this one is the MOST expensive and from the look of it the one that is just after your money the most. Heck even the H'Ween event has a catch, as well as the referral system, which I thought was shady bs Altogether. Among my list of complaints this has to be one of the biggest ones. For this much Cash, I'd just go back to RS and play for a year with what I just spent.

Honestly thats false advertising too!
    Business or not, the game is advertised as free. (Its a Great game yes, but theres just something wrong here about the cash shop and events.)
    It in fact is far from it, and that dude on the game developer videos is a liar.