Perfect World Patch = Total Disaster!!!

xtreme0wnage
xtreme0wnage Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
WTH !! IS WRONG WITH THESES NOOB PATCHES THE MANUAL PATCH DONT WORK THE AUTO PATCH DONT WORK !! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PLAY THE GAME? I HAVENT EVEN PLAYED YET SINCE CLOSED BETA !! I AM STUCK ON THE VERY FIRST PATCH ZOMG !!!! WTH ??? PLEASE GET IT FIXED !! I CANT GET PAST FIRST PATCH! ZOMFG!! item_ext_desc.txt!! ZZOMFG!! :(:(:( !!! I HAVE RE-INSTALLED 5 TIME AND ALMOST PATCHED 200 TIMES !! AND IT WONT WORK ZOMFG FIX THIS SOON !!
Post edited by xtreme0wnage on

Comments

• angelofelves
    angelofelves Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    where did you downloaded it?
  • xtreme0wnage
    edited September 2008
    I DOWNLOAD perfect world off this site .. from direct download, the patches from this site too.. Official perfect world international site .. in download section.
  • xtreme0wnage
    edited September 2008
    i download the patch 1-15 .. and i get error am i doing osmething wrong?
    and can u tell me what number patch i gotta download ? please .. and the link ?
  • reimond
    reimond Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i cant complete my patch as well... used the manual patch... it says file corrupted... use the auto update... it keeps getting stuck at iconlist_ivrtf.txt... anibodi noe how to solve this issue?
  • Miar - Lost City
    Miar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well if you have updated your pw client : it should give "update server is undergoing maintenance or something like this
    if not then <.< my client is corrupted
    if you are have pw client version 1 its getting stuck again and you can't manually patch it cause it will show the file is corrupted error
  • xtreme0wnage
    edited September 2008
    sooooooo how can this be fixed ive already re-installed the game 5 times .. and downloaded it 3 times.. patched it 200 times and manualy patched about 20 .. I JUST WANT TO PLAY :(
  • Miar - Lost City
    Miar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    play cs 1. for a while <.<
  • xtreme0wnage
    edited September 2008
    i really really need your help here guys tell me where i need to download patch from or another solution to this i cannot play since closed beta and really wanna test this game out!
  • xtreme0wnage
    edited September 2008
    i am sure this is happening to many people and it really needs to get solved fast!!!!!!!!!
  • deetee
    deetee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Same thing here. This is really unprofessional.

They KNOW the patch server is cutting out, and they refuse to do anything about it.
  • Orienne - Heavens Tear
    Orienne - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No offense, but part of playing a game in a beta stage (even open beta) means lots and lots of bugs. "Unprofessional" or not, that's just the way it is. I've been playing PW for a couple weeks now and it seems that every time they do a server maintanance/update it, there's around a day where everyone has issues.

Before you go freaking out, make sure you check the patching info thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63502

And none of those suggestions work, post your errors and they'll work on getting it fixed. Saying things like their "N00B" patchers and that the staff is "refusing to do anything about it" isn't really going to get you anywhere. Tell them the specific problem, follow directions, and if all else fails, wait a few days and everything will get sorted out.
    Surely you're not going to die from not getting to play PW--especially if you haven't even PLAYED it yet. O.o
  • deetee
    deetee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay, first off? This is not just a day thing.

This is a week thing. That's right. A week without being able to patch.

And I already submitted a support ticket, the same day I realized that I would not ever be able to patch this.

They didn't reply.

So yeah. There you go.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The patch servers, and the manual patch download server (singular) are getting hammered.

Most people are downloading the game and patching just fine.

We are trying to help those of you who are having issues.

As for posting on the tech support forums, please do so to ask questions, helps others, report bugs and/or get questions. This forum area is NOT for mean attitudes, unprofessionalism, rudeness, vulgarities or any other immature antics or post content.

Everyone in this thread who has posted rude or inappropriate content, consider this your 1st warning. Now, if everyone is going to be nice and play well with others :)

As for patching, here is some info:

1) Once the game is running, the Auto Update menu will come up where you can select which patch server to download the patch from. The game will then seek out the server data and see if there is an update. Then it will automatically prompt you to auto-update, select Confirm.
    2) The game will then start downloading the patch files, and then it will apply them to the game. After this process is complete, you will be able to Start and begin logging in to the game.
    3) If you are having issues with the auto-patching process, if it seems to hang after 5-10 minutes, Exit the game. Restart the game and Resume download/patch and see if it completes some more, or all of the way. This may take a few tries.

If you not able to auto-update from within the game, please help us help you.

One thing that would be a great help to us, is if all the people who are having problems could send us the following:

1. copies of the following files (no screenshots of them please)
    o \config\element\update.log
    o \config\element\version.sw
    o \config\patcher\update.log

2. a screenshot of where the patcher is pausing for you (please submit a jpeg and not a bitmap photo)

3. a screenshot of your traceroute to our patch server, 64.74.217.11

How to perform a traceroute:
    1) In XP, click on Start > click on Run > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert 64.74.217.11
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "64.74.217.11"
    3) Wait until it bring a message back and a full log. Maximize (enlarge) the window as large as it will go and hopefully all of the text will be able to fit into the screen.
    4) Press Prnt Scrn (print screen) on your keyboard. Open mspaint.exe (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)
    5) Click on the dotted line box at the top of the left menu to select a section > Click on the white space and press Ctrl+P to paste the image you grabbed with Prtn Scrn
    6) Save it where you can find it, as a .JPG image. Take that image and send it to our ticketing system (http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing) and let us know it is a "trace route log"
    7) We take the logs and crunch the info through the engineers and get them crackin on the patch issues!)

Please compress all the files into a zip or rar file and submit it to Quality Assurance/Patching, using our ticketing system at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.