Do random drops realy happen when in a squad?

weena
weena Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
It seems like I never get any drops when im in a squad playing archer or cleric. The tank or bladesman always snach them up. The squads are always set to random but I think that only applies towords the coins. If its true then im starting a new charecter to get in on the loot.
Post edited by weena on

Comments

• marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thats surprising considering in my parties the cleric gets 90% of the drops.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Funny, in my partys Barbarians get all the drops on random >.<

Zanko~
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im a barb and i almost never get any drops so i guess if u average all the comments it is random :)
  • Elis - Lost City
    Elis - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    D; I rarely get drops, normally goes to a wiz or barb.

Damn those classes. *bites a door*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ambie is back baby!
    Faction UnLimited (Faction sounds..Kinda pervy ;D)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just did the FB39 and got 2 drops total from the 3 bosses,
    thread and a plain necklace ._____.

Used to work I got about 50% of drops but now I get nothing playing my veno D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree that the "random" system is pretty much screwed up. I for one would rather see a round robin system before this nonsense random system.

We did a FB49 the other night and one player got 3 signets IN A ROW and I got 1 and somone else got 1.
  • Chadeaux - Heavens Tear
    Chadeaux - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    :( I agree - the random used for loot drops when squad set to random is very biased. My thoughts were it was going to the higher level players in the squad, me being the lowest never got any good items, just coin and thread.

I also thought with random set - anyone picking up the item worked and then the game sent it randomly to someone. But I was unable to even pick up a 3 star purple item, I got the 'unable to pick up message' :o Someone else in party grabbed it no problem.
    "Knowledge speaks... Wisdom listens..."
    Noir ^;;^ moi[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    we did fb39 and i got mold and two other 3 star items...not randomly...diablo style...and luckally i have 11 years of diablo experience so i got all the good items ^^
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I (a cleric) was playing with a blademaster the other day and he had a full inventory. I picked up a ring 5 times before it finally went to me. The first 4 times I picked it up it went to him and I had to wait for the timer to be able to try again. He got most of the loot that day. I have noticed my cleric getting less than his share of loot, but I do not know why. I wonder if the fact that I never go into attack mode puts me at a disadvantage for loot. It seems like the most active players get the most "random" drops.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    In reply to what erethizon said, it seems to be the case from what i've noticed. The ones who are ranged or supporting don't seem to get the good drops, they always go the melee dealers :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alfreya - Heavens Tear
    Alfreya - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think it's all pretty random. I'm a full support cleric and got 2 molds from 1 boss in fb39. Other times, i end up with a pot and a bunch of bolts. It seems pretty random to me...
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Nor to spam or anything, but Ive opened this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=65472&page=3 not knowing the existence of this one!
    I also have issued (being a cleric) with item distribution!
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol

wen im in party, i hardly get anydrops, and its fairly annoying

like wen i was lvl 50 i liked to solo grind 50 mobs above bamboo, and ppl always came, and hoged kills, so i joined them :( went from 90-120k(solo) a hr ---to--- 30k >.>
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its not true what everyone says. Im a blademaster as u can see. when I was first in a party i seen a ratio of 4 items to my team mate then 1 to me...and it went like that til I left. random means just that. but whast it should be is a 3 way choice. and if ure not going to implement the individual drops and let that ride; then eliminate it from our options please. ALSO instead of doing random pickups make it to where it goes to every player at times like example:

Baalzor received mold amulet of thromn
    next item goes to the next person on the list in the party.
    and so fourth and so on.

Randoms not a fair thing to have. cant get any loot in random all the time.
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think drops are random I always get good drops from HHb:laugh
  • evilspawn123
    evilspawn123 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    2 quick things.

The other day I wined a BH and we said I get first choice of 3 stars and the barb just dropped the group and gated out after getting it....I mean how good could the drop have been that it was worth looking like such a loser? Maybe it had +2 run, +2 run???

I was in a group the other day there was 5 of us in total and when the distribution happened two people got about 5 things each in a row and nothing for anyone else, I wonder if this can be ****?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Round-robin is very abusable however - the ninjalooter can, and will, work out that they get every four items, and make sure they pick up '****, ****, ****, mold, **** ****, ****, rep-badge, ****...'

Random pretty much works - unless you're all over the map, in which case yes, if you are far too far away you don't get the drops. But you have to be way out of shooting range for that.

What is probably happenning here is the supermarket queues effect.

There are six people in the squad. The chances that you are the one who gets the most loot are only 1-in-6.
    So 5/6 of the time (83% of the time) someone gets more loot than you.

The very low drop rate on good items makes this seem even worse, of course.
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The person tanking the boss tends to get more drops on random, dunno why. Mele DDs, veno and cleric seems to come next. Last is ranged DDs like archer, wiz, psy etc, they be happy if random gives them a pot or a DQ. Of course not always, ive seen a wizard rack up 5 drops in a row on random after boss dies.

But tank pretty much always gets something, specially if its a barb. When i use to do BH BH69/79/89 on my barb i knew that at least 40% of the 3 stars/molders/books would end up in my inventory :D

If you're the last players joining a squad you also seem to get less drops on random. First people joining and entering instance + partyleader seems to get more.

All of this is pure speculations tho, i might be imagining everything b:chuckle
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The dead will forever outnumber the living.

~Go Necro go!~
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Game needs A sequential drop selection for squads like some other mmo,s I have played..cause the randomness in this game sucks.
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    ChloeAgave - Archosaur Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I agree that the "random" system is pretty much screwed up. I for one would rather see a round robin system before this nonsense random system.

We did a FB49 the other night and one player got 3 signets IN A ROW and I got 1 and somone else got 1.

Even back then we did not call Secret Frostcovered Grounds FB49, so I am wondering where you are getting that from? Hell even before this version we called it FB51.

On topic, yes, it is really random. You have to just remember that the odds often work against you still. For example, Heartseeker for me at it's current level says it has a 52% chance to freeze, but it doesn't more than half of the time. It doesn't mean it's not really 52%. Percentages in this game are not going to be based over time, it is always on that single moment. Every drop has its own 17% chance of going to you in a full squad, it is not that you will get 17% of the drops. I imagine each person in the squad is assigned a number between 1-6, and each drop gets a roll of that.

If you have ever played Yahtzee, it always seems you are more likely to get 3's and 4's rather than 6's, even though they all have equal odds. It is the same thing here, some people are just assigned that lucky number, others are not.