The Missing Story

Chiraz - Heavens Tear
Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
There is no story to be found. So far (lvl22) the only hint at a something of a story was the messenger quest to the main cities of the Elves and th Humans. It really needs something to grab the interest of the player, or me at least..
Post edited by Chiraz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Epic - Lost City
    Epic - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That's why there is clips on the main page.
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    What are you talking about? Clips on the main page? I am not talking about the world's background, that is not a story. A story that develops together with your character.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Quick cap: You are playing an MMO. Most MMOs have a starting legend or story, and maybe a little bit between some scenario quests, but for the most part a solid developing story is the most lacking part of the genre. There are a few MMOs with active storylines, but they're just that: few. :X
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Cultivation quests. Thats the main plot.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    The Cultivation quests do seem to tie things together. But there's just too little of it for my taste.

Granted, beyond a m.u.s.h. this is only my second MMO. The other one did have a decent story that was better then that of many single player RPGs. But, frankly, I don't see why there shouldn't be something of a story, or at least something more then there is now.

Without story (and quests), what else makes a game interesting enough to play?
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Communication with people, territory wars, duelling, crafting, making legendary and other rare weapons, trying to best superhard bosses.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    As well as completing menial tasks, testing your skills on others (both kinds of skills), PK, always getting stronger, guilds, teamwork, et cetera. It's all pretty boring without the social aspect though I'd say, which is the point. MMOs aren't for everyone, and not all MMOs are the same or for everyone.

The reason most of them lack a solid story is most of the ones with an english version out now that started in other countries are older and the whole "putting lengthy stories in MMOs" thing is kind of new to the market (foreign games translated make up the majority of the genre), though a few have been around a while. The general idea was that the "story" in the typical MMO is supposed to be your own, and that was kind of the point originally.

Oh, and after the level 19 culti quest, you get a lot more of them to do as you level up from General Summer, not just things to do at x9 levels.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • xkelsox
    xkelsox Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if you ask me this is just like playing rohan, i may even get some friends to join this as well.

i do agree with some ppl that they do give you any story line to like follow through.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The Cultivation quests do seem to tie things together. But there's just too little of it for my taste.

Granted, beyond a m.u.s.h. this is only my second MMO. The other one did have a decent story that was better then that of many single player RPGs. But, frankly, I don't see why there shouldn't be something of a story, or at least something more then there is now.

Without story (and quests), what else makes a game interesting enough to play?

Most people come here to PvP there life away there IQ's way too low to comprehend story lines lol