Picking up loot

justine0
justine0 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm currently a level 7 Venomancer (of course) and I've noticed a *lot* of loot laying around on the ground, randomly. If I see people near it, I leave it alone, but people seem to ignore it or run right past it. As a result, even avoiding loot that looks like it might belong to someone, I end up picking up an awful lot without killing any monsters. Is there any reason for people to leave loot lying around (lots of piles of coins, too), or any etiquette besides not ninja-ing loot that appears to belong to someone? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I don't want to bypass money and stuff I can use or sell if no one wants it. I guess I don't understand why people would leave good money lying around and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I play a lot of World of Warcraft, so I'm trying to get used to this style of game. Thanks!
Post edited by justine0 on

Comments

• Iroe - Heavens Tear
    Iroe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ppl are lazy if you can loot it loot it
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    Whizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ppl are lazy if you can loot it loot it
    agree...as long as you follow the unwritten rule, don't loot if ppl are fighting/standing next to it ;)
  • duchess1976
    duchess1976 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    IF there is no one standing close to the loot, then i don't see why you can't help yourself. some people are just interested in leveling up and don't want the spoils of their kills. just don't loot stuff when someone else is trying to pick it up. the game itself has it's own system where if there is someone who just made the kill, then they are the only ones who can pick up and the system will not allow you to take the stuff.
  • abelnightroad
    abelnightroad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    As said above, if no one is claiming it, just help yourself. A lot of people can't be bothered to pick up the loot for one reason or another, and are just after the fastest EXP possible (picking up loot = less time getting exp = slower leveling).
  • Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear
    Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I leave loot on the ground when my inventory is full, or near full. Of course I pick up the gold :)