Horrible patch setup...

taitu
taitu Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Well, I must say I'm impressed at how stupid this patching system is.. I try and update the game but for some reason it can't connect to the update server.. It tells me to try a different server, but oh wonderful, the client only provides one patch server...

Oh well, no problem.. I'll just manually patch the game.. So I go and download some of the manual patches, and I come to find that for some stupid reason, it has to still connect to the update server before it can use the manual patch that's already on my harddrive?!..

I don't even know what to say about that.. It's just beyond words how idiotic it is... But anyway, if someone has any suggestions for me on how to correct this it would be greatly appreciated...
Post edited by taitu on

Comments

• Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think you can disable automatic updates with 'settings' (from the launcher). It will still try to connect and validate your client, but it will not look for it's updates there so you can then update manually. You could also try to double-click the patch files, as they are associated with the patcher.
    If you can't connect at all something is wrong in the internet connection between the servers and you, or the server is temporarily not available.
  • taitu
    edited September 2008
    I tried all those methods.. As is said, even when I check it off to not auto-update it still attempts to connect to the servers to update.. It's getting stuck on the file badwords.txt...
  • theantiroot
    theantiroot Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im having alot of issues too, im starting to believe this game isnt worth the trouble....

I've been looking into starting warhammer online, looks really cool,, you should consider the same
  • theantiroot
    theantiroot Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I found a way to make it not get stuck, completely turn off the client, and start it up again, and mines up and running agian ( you may need to do this a few times, im figuring this is the only way to download the patch)

My method just got the patch to finish downloading, give it a try
  • Sepherone - Lost City
    Sepherone - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    here guys, i finally got the manual patch. after suffering for hours, i don't want anyone else to go through it so i uploaded the patch for everyone.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EQI0PZS

don't worry there's no viruses or anything bad:p
  • silabus
    silabus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    here guys, i finally got the manual patch. after suffering for hours, i don't want anyone else to go through it so i uploaded the patch for everyone.

Even if there was we will know it was you lol
    モデラト ここ とても 意地悪。
  • taitu
    edited September 2008

I appreciate the attempt; however, this file can be downloaded straight off the main site.. The problem isn't finding the manual patches, it's that the patcher is just plain screwed up.. There is absolutely no way to update the game from a freshly downloaded copy of the client apparently..
  • enak
    enak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah l have this problem too..

Neither manual nor auto pachtes work.

Argh.
  • didverisku
    didverisku Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hi all,
    i have a big problem with connecting to update server!!!!

The game says "connecting to server..." and then "Update server connection fails.
    Please try another update server" what can i do?????????b:angry

I have searched the internet and I have nothing found, please help..!!!!!!!!!

Have somebody an idea?????
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Go to this link. Tell me if you see the word "nginx".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • didverisku
    edited October 2008
    no, i do not see the word.

Is it good or not?
    What can i do to solve my biggest problem with can not connect to update server....

I have nothing wrong done, i have only led the game update the game to patch 24 no any more!!!

and then the problem can not connect..........................

PLEASE HELP, HELP DOES ANYBODY KNOWS A SOLVATION?
  • didverisku
    edited November 2008
    Hi all,

I have found a solvation for these Problems:

1. "Connection to update server fails. Please try another update server.."
    2. "Login timeout 40 sec: 20 sec ......"
    3. " unable to connect to server"

My Solvation:

I deacitvitate my standart firewall ( windows vista) and installed Comodo Firewall Pro and set some settings(alert settings) from medium to low and the problem was solved and i could play the game.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    That's one solution. I'd rather you not start advertising for them on the boards, but I can understand the desire to do otherwise in this case. It's a much stronger option, although also a much stricter one.

Do note that Comodo does not have an 'off' option -- you must explicitly define exceptions or reduce alert settings to change what you can access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.