Unbelieveable!

reldinrostiare
reldinrostiare Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I spent half the night downloading this thing, now I can;t play it because the updater doean;t work, and I can't download the patches MANUALLY because of the same ****! it starta, and then STOPS. Give me a BREAK! Clients and computers are not the problem! IT'S YOUR UPDATE SERVER!
Post edited by reldinrostiare on

Comments

• karn4ge
    karn4ge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im having the exact same problem. Auto patcher doesnt work! Manual patch's are downloading at 2kb/s and stopping every 30 seconds (almost 1 hour and 7 resume's on getright for a 9mb file!)

Forum keeps giving me errors and billing page doesnt work!

Bad first impression for me for this game!
  • reldinrostiare
    reldinrostiare Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just wait, the last file is 30 mb. >:/ I've been trying all morning, wont go past 3% some, then 14% it stops, and once it made 59%. The update server is messed up. If you guys actually OWN it, hire someone who knows how to FIX it!

FINALLY after 186 tries at different times, I got it. Manual download. Seriously, BAD first impression. :/ This needs to be fixed if you're going to have ANY good word-of-mouth advertising, because right now, if a friend asked me, I'd say 'Yeah, it's fun, but be ready to waste a full day clicking 'Download' over and over and OVER again just to play it the FIRST time.
  • karn4ge
    karn4ge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Finally got it downloaded, but STILL cant update. I select manual update, then select the file, it reads then file and says cant update as connection to update server failed.

Game client is uninstalled already. Il come back when you have 1, a fix to this problem and 2. actual technical support (do you have any support?).

Regards,
  • taitu
    taitu Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am also having this problem, so apparently it's common...
  • Arionus - Heavens Tear
    Arionus - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I thought it was their servers too until I did a traceroute with the program VisualRoute Lite to the IP address 64.74.217.11 (update server) and noticed that there were two servers in the route that had 30% packet loss and sometimes a 3000+ ping.

I'd do a traceroute with this program first before I started pointing the finger at PWI. I was certainly surprised.
This discussion has been closed.