Calling all fellow mature players!

Comments

• Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would like to join too.. age 29

3 characters if that's ok. I can play various characters to help out the guild.

hillcy - level 30 archer
    kapok - level 35 wizard
    metazare - level 34 cleric, soon to be 40 by tonight =)

I'm assuming that this was a reply to me? (As were the others just below me?) Seems so anyway, but correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I'll be online for most of the day today, so if you want to contact me about joining SOLDIER, try reaching me on:

Finduilas - SOLDIER Leader - level 21 Cleric
    Lazard - SOLDIER Director - level 14 Archer
    Miriel - level 40 Wizard
    Eirene - level 14 Venomancer

The top 2 can issue invites immediately, but if I'm on one of the others, I can swap and fix it.

Alternatively, these people might be online to help you:

Europe:
    Cosmos - SOLDIER Marshal - level 21 Cleric
    Orora - level 44 Wizard

US:
    XZane - SOLDIER Executor - level 8 Blademaster

Anyone interested is welcome to contact me in game or pm me here / reply here. I realise I'm not the only one who's offered a mature haven, so if you were actually going for one of the others do say so. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • Sinthia - Lost City
    Sinthia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 30 year old who has come from (most recently) Age of Conan, tried WAR as it got released, played for 6 hours and came back here. Have been playing MMOs for as long asI can remember... love this game.
  • Ryokasami - Heavens Tear
    Ryokasami - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've sent a PM, but I'll state it out here.

I'm a 21 year old senior at college, and I've had my taste of many of the more popular and less popular MMOs out there on the market (gone gold and F2P). I will agree that finding people up to the maturity we require is a diamond in the rough. If there's a guild, you could count me in. I'm only on Heaven's Tear right now, but as I get experience I can switch servers and start from scratch for you guys :)
  • landostander
    landostander Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm a 26 year old (I'll be 27 tomorrow on the 25th) I'm married (though my wife is not a gamer).

I only play about once every other day. Unlike others I'm more of a refugee from Console gaming, and I often find myself splitting the time I have for playing games between PW and my Xbox 360. The only other MMO I've played was actually the original EverQuest when it was released and I played if for all of a month before my father took over the account and began playing, which he still does, almost ten years and still going strong (He's 62).

I'm not good with multitasking characters so I just have one, a level 12 (soon to be 13) Barbarian, who I hope is on his way to making a decent tank. And it's on the Heavens Tear PVE server. If I wanted to be PKed and such I'd just play Halo 3 with the 12 year olds. Though if there is a solid group of us (which their seems to be) I might venture the PVP route provided we have an adequately sized group to cut down on punks just sniping at you with their casters and what not.
  • finalfocus
    finalfocus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey everyone. Did you ever get the "mature players" guild together?
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    finalfocus wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Did you ever get the "mature players" guild together?

Not a 'new' one afaik, but SOLDIER's been recruiting today so it's now a (small) "mature players" guild. There are several more of these out there. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Masontaan - Heavens Tear
    Masontaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hi all,

i'm a 21 year old new player. yeah look at the level lol. but i'm gonna be playing on this as much as possible, i dont want too much hassle as in "omg uv gota b lvl 20 in leyk a week!"

i just want a chilled out guild who are there for help and fun, instead of the serious gaming.

any offers?
  • Carpathia - Heavens Tear
    Carpathia - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm a long time gamer but this is my first MMO and I do have a life apart from this... so please be gentle with me.

I remember being 16 (16 yrs ago...ohh gawd) and getting along way better with the 30 something crowd so I would agree that age and maturity is a state of mind.

I appreciate Buny's posting of her guild rules. Can the others like The Empire, Soulfire, Solder and Nocturne post their DO's and DON'Ts?

I've just leveled my Venomancer to 21 and am about to hit the wolves den - probably tonight, Fuben-19 (FB-19) dungeon 6pm to about 11pmish Pacific Time.

See you all on the inside.
  • Cainx - Heavens Tear
    Cainx - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi all - I'm new to PW, been playing for only a couple days now. I'm 31 <gamer for life!>, and the only other MMO I ever played seriously was Lineage2 (mostly healer / buffer). Though my start was a little rocky (some things are not so obvious in this game), I gotta say that so far I'm really liking this game, I just got my archer to lvl 13 last night. I wouldn't mind joining a mature guild, not that I don't get along well with everyone though :D Anyways, glad to be part of this community - say hi if you see me online ;)
    CainX - Elven Archer
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    SOLDIER is pretty new, but you can check out our statement in our guild thread.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=657011

That sums up about everything, I think, but if you have more questions, feel free to drop a line. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eikram
    eikram Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    buny wrote: »
    I am 24 and leader of Sinful on Heaven's Tear. My vice guild leader is 43 also most of our members are 24+. We only allow mature members. All immature members get kicked. Message me on Jaded or StarBrite. I would LOVE to have you.

hehehe so your the leader of sinful hehehe i think i saw your character this past few days hehehe by the i am 27 years old my character name is demongod hehehe director of the guild crusaders..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Crusaders will crusade to be strong, friendly and helpful mature guild in PW. :):):)
  • chass
    chass Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i'm 41 and the name is chass on pw. so hit me up i'm a noob.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hiya Everyone! Im pretty much the PR for the Guild Sinful on the forums :)

Sinful is still recruiting, though most of the time we do have a wait list to get in. We have really stayed focused and am pleased to say we do have one of the most true mature guilds in the game.

Since this thread has been up, we have moved up to a lvl 2 Guild, and working fast on becoming lvl 3. We have our own website, forums, and vent. Our forums contain many guides and other resources for the game.

If you are interested in joining our ever growing guild still you can leave me a message on our guild thread, you can also find out more information about Sinful there as well. And of course you can also shoot me a PM here or in game. Though I do stall alot in game so I may be afk :)

Sinful Guild Thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=39931
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • serakano
    serakano Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It seems most everyone here is on the Heaven's Tear server. Is there anything such as this organized on Lost City?
  • deqsan
    deqsan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi all, haven't read all the replies here, but I guess I am one of the older players, I am a young 49! I remember being wowed by 'Space Invaders' when it first appeared at a seaside arcade in the late 70's. This is my first venture into MMORPG and am really enjoying it. My only concern, is as I am building up a 'friends' list, is the reaction I'll get if I tell them I am a 49 year old male! Is there a way of adding such info to our character info? Maybe we should form a faction for 30+ (not lvl, but age!:))
  • jebbediah
    jebbediah Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Oh my.A guild like this is so needed on the pvp server.

Is thier a guild like this for the pvp server?
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    Whizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    40 years, married, played games since pong :D

will check out some of those guilds and maybe me and my also playing 50 year old m8 will join oneof them :D :P
  • Masontaan - Heavens Tear
    Masontaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hey i'm 21 looking for a mature guild to play and talk with. i've only been playing a few days but i'm hooked on the game so will definately be playing as much as possible around work times. i currently play on the PvE server, thought about the PvP but not quite yet until i learn more about the characters!

But anyways, hit me back, so the youngsters say!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    friday wrote: »
    I'm in a small group of friends (7 of us atm) - all from Guild Wars within the same alliance, all mature with real lives that take precedence over a game, all into a laid back relaxed gaming experience. We are quirky and do tease and joke tho. I am 43, others are anywhere from 20 to 40. You will not find any of the e-drama queens in our midst. Belial, our leader, formed our guild called Nocturne on the PvE server in OB after playing CB together and deciding that PvP server was not for us.

It's been a while since we were in this thread. It's so nice to see such a good representation of all ages in this game - it is one of the fewer games where the population seems more mature overall :).

Our guild, Nocturne, has a current member base of mature people who have all known each other from other games and for significant amounts of time.

We would welcome any mature players into our guild - we love making friends and having fun! Read about us and get in touch!
  • searcher
    searcher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Good luck with your hunt for mature people. I'm 56 so everyone is a kid to me. Either that or maybe I just refuse to grow up.
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    searcher wrote: »
    Good luck with your hunt for mature people. I'm 56 so everyone is a kid to me. Either that or maybe I just refuse to grow up.

That is a wonderful thing, 37 here and still enjoying my past time of gaming either table top or video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • gnu
    gnu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    37 here Play on Santuary IGNs: MShele, Mortaria and DeaMonica.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    That is a wonderful thing, 37 here and still enjoying my past time of gaming either table top or video.

Quoting a friend here, but... age is just a number, in the end. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hey! Mature and playing on Sanctuary. MMORPG developed several games and have played quite a few more!
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • maranor
    maranor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    searcher wrote: »

lol and i thought i was old :-) 50 years here and also refuse to grow up
    just started this game playing a few more, i like some diversitie

btw don't mind my english its not my first language not even my 3th b:surrender
  • jeezus
    jeezus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Maturity is based on age. Right, guys?...Right?

Not physical maturity.
  • Bishopguano - Sanctuary
    Bishopguano - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm 36 and have only been playing for a few days now and I must admit, the spam on the chat is next to zip. I've yet to encounter any annoying people. I'm sure they're out there, no doubt, but the fact is that chat system is really benificial in how it's setup.

On the other hand, I've played many online games, too many to list here and my biggest problem is joinging a guild full of kids. I can't relate to them IG, sure mabey in the outside world but this isn't that. I refuse to pair up with people who just cold-request because I don't know them from 'ish I play to have a good time, not worry about who I'm playing with and what they're going to do next, where the 'eff are they going and what the 'eff are they doing that for? You know what I mean?

Because of this, I have this tendancy to play solo a lot and it's kind of boring after a while.

So if there is a mature group on Sanctuary, give me a hollar! Please.
  • Awanata - Sanctuary
    Awanata - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    my husband and I both play and we are over 45
  • Sirsublime - Sanctuary
    Sirsublime - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My wife and I enjoy playing, and we are definatly over 45 lol
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Husband and wife here, 31 and 29 respectively. We would both love to join a mature guild (mature being a state-of-mind, not just an age limit). So if any of you are starting something up on Heaven's Tear, give us a holler! My IGN is (obviously) Zenpachi, hers is Areyanna.

b:pleased