Why'd you choose Lost City?

Typhoon - Lost City
Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
For you Lost City citizens out there, what made you pick a PvP server over a PvE? Post your reasons!

For me, I feel that World PvP makes the game so much more 3-dimensional. With PvE, you're going outside town knowing exactly what to expect, and that's just boring for me. Having to constantly watch your back when you're out in the wilderness where anything goes, that makes the game much more exciting for me to play. Also, being out on the hunt for other players just beats the heck out of killing mindless NPC monsters. xD
Post edited by Typhoon - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Most of my friends from closed beta went to PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Simple; my fiancee was there. ;)
  • lordtrevor
    lordtrevor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol im pvp because i love being the big badass that punks you >,> na jk jk i like the feeling of "what was that??" ya know? lol sorry if i messed this reply up some how >,> [newb]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Because PVE servers are a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • kaylee8
    kaylee8 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Accident! I had just started and didn't realise that one server was PvE and one was PvP, so I chose the one that was less busy. I don't mind much. Right now, my WF is level 7 and my EA is level 3, so I don't have much trouble, but if and when I do get PK'd someday, I'll accept it as part of the game. I'm fairly casual at the moment, and I am used to interruptions or abrupt stops in what I'm doing. At any rate, the only real issue is that it seems the RP guild some people here are discussing will be on Heaven's Tear.
  • jose360
    jose360 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how do u play this ???????
  • Gogglesvk - Lost City
    Gogglesvk - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I wanted to kill hoes.
  • Tingilya - Lost City
    Tingilya - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I love roleplay.

Because its a world at war, to have an environment where you can actually be attacked makes for a more immersive and realistic roleplay experience.

It forges roleplayers with mental toughness and no mercy for rp griefers. ie roleplay griefers get put on ignore, done. No arguing, no reporting, no crying, no emo drama ****. Seems obvious to me but I've found that most commonly roleplayers on pvp servers actually understand this, they take action to stick up for themselves, and makes for a much more mature and fun roleplay experience.

Just my two cents,
    Ting
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    science experiment
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dritza - Lost City
    Dritza - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hopefully me and my friends will be getting a RP guild up in lost city soon. im not forsure on the name of it yet but it will be there soon if we keep lving the way we are.
  • Valaren - Lost City
    Valaren - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    cause ive always played pvp servers in every mmo, to me it makes the game more complete if i wanted pve i would go play something else like god of war or something else thats actually exciting.

pvp forces you to use your brain most of the time, and i always thought that all mmo's should only have pvp servers i mean still have your dungeons and everything else but no protections against pk.
  • baralai
    baralai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i like the way you put it lol, i feel the same and personally i cant wait to be able to pk
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    n0ob wrote: »
    science experiment

b:shockedLMAO!!!!!!!

ok N0ob that was funny b:chuckle
    just my friends are here. that simple
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When I first installed the game, my character was on LC.. but soon I started on HT because a friend was playing there, and tbh.. hated it. No offense, but most of the HT I saw/got to know was a bunch of pansies, carebears, and griefs that leave PK mode off. What would you expect from a PvE server though? So my friend and I moved to LC, where there are still plenty of those people, but now at least I can kill them and sometimes am rewarded with a prized equip of theirs. :)
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Because I'm noob and really wanted pve server. I think I'm lost in a city b:cry

Help me find my way back dogb:pleased
    Xtacy
  • Ashiitaka - Lost City
    Ashiitaka - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it makes the game more fun and alive when you know you can just up and kill that dude that looked at your girl funny you know...lol YOU KNOOOOOWWWW>>
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I like it because it keeps you alert. I can't stand grinding on mobs constantly. And I'd like a little bit more control over a situation if someone is botting (above 30; pointless at times since they come back) or ksing the mobs. It gets frustrating after a while if aren't able to do anything about it.
  • Talos - Lost City
    Talos - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, I'm traditionally a pker killer, meaning that I hunt those who would do harm to others. My biggest problem right now is that I'm still a lowbie, and swords aren't exactly good for grinding....

But yeah, to me PvE is a more basic level of play, going only against the environment. I have a few friends that play WoW and claim that you learn more teamwork on a PvE, but it's a load of balogna, you have to learn the same discipline to lvl in a PvP.

So, for a quick, straightforward answer, I play PvP to fight the good fight.
  • Titan - Heavens Tear
    Titan - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    you can pk other white named players on pve
    also i choose pve cuz to much drama in lost city imo