Does the game get boring after lvl.20?

Forthewin - Heavens Tear
Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
When I reached 20, I went to archosaur to get some quests. Each of the npcs were so far away because archosaur is huge. So basically lvl 20 is walking long periods of time to get quests with tedious tasks that offer low experience. Lower then then experience from the quests you get back in the lvls 15-20. The amount of quests given after 20 is wawy to little to level you up. If you grind, the monsters give so little experience and it takes way to long to level by grinding. i liked this game because of the quests, but now that the good quests are done it feels boring. Also, when I grind, I notice that I can only take 2-3 monsters before I have to rest, making leveling even more slow. Is there anything positive of being lvl.20? I heard of FB19, but I don't know what the hell it is, can anyone explain?
Post edited by Forthewin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just wait till you get to 35 and up, that's when the quests start to give you little EXP, making you grind the rest. At level 30 you get to fly, which certainly makes flying over Archosaur much better.

FB19 is a dungeon, you should have gotten it from the Elder of whatever city you started in. You get it around 19-21, depending on when you finish the quests you have. And you basically go in a dungeon and fight the mobs inside and fight a boss inside. You can get decent-good drops from said boss, and when you finish the quest, you get a good weapon from the Elder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It is all personal preferance. Boring to me would be staying in one area doing quests.

Most quests are grouped in one area though, so not a HUGE amount of travel...
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Grinding in your 20s? Have you used the "search mission" function?
  • medley
    medley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what about partying? or is that a joke in this game? i mean partying with others would seem like the likely solution, but no one ever mentions partying.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    From level 20 to 30 I always have too many quests! Everytime I try to turn some in I level and get more! I once had 17 quests at once.:eek:

Quest finder is you friend.

medley wrote: »
    what about partying? or is that a joke in this game? i mean partying with others would seem like the likely solution, but no one ever mentions partying.

In this game, teamwork is everything. You get nowhere without it in the end so party up as much as possible.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Explore a bit, check different areas, there should still be a lot of quests. I'm half way through level 41 at the time of posting this and still have many quests left to do and haven't had to grind yet.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, there's a crapload of quests.. enough to carry you into your 40s pretty easily like Vaelissa said. Try looking at 1perfectworld.com for more quests if you aren't finding them all. Walking in Archosaur isn't so bad really once you get used to it, especially if you make use of the coordinate assistant in-game. Flying helps, too. As for resting, either suck it up and buy some potions (or craft them yourself), or make friends with some clerics or nice wizards willing to heal you. There's more to it than just leveling in an MMO, you just have to find something that catches your interest. I.E. pvp, making weapons/armor, crafting, farming, being social, etc.

As for teaming up, it's one of the best thing you can do. It gets your quests done faster in the earlier stages, and makes dungeons as well as grinding parties effective in the later ones. Besides, playing an MMO alone? Might as well be playing a console game with a player's guide next to you. Join a guild or something, make some friends to chat/party with. Bored? Do something.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah man, it's all about what you make of it. It's like life: sit around and just do what it takes to get by, and life's gonna suck; go out and see what's out there, and it's got more than enough to offer. It's about the trip, not the destination. Enjoy the ride, and meet some people and make some connections on the way - otherwise you'll end up being an ultra-bored high level on a plateau of loneliness and inability to proceed.
  • Forestmyst - Heavens Tear
    Forestmyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just hit lvl 31. and I'm still having fun. This is the first time I logged off since the system maintenance. I'm still finding more to do. and while out of quests, I go hunting for the rare pets. I already got me a snow hare, that I caught myself. I am planning on getting a snow hare baby and a flying pig as well as it's baby.

So. after level 20, it doesn't get boring. just tedious.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Grinding in your 20s? Have you used the "search mission" function?
    I second this question.

The exp seems slower because you can'f fly over the walls, but if you're using Quest Search together with the Coordinate Assistant (Which sooooooo many people don't know about doing together), quests become easy to find. It just seems slower because of all the running, but if you just tell yourself you'll be flying over the walls to the quests soon, you'll be ok. Although by that time, most of the quests are already outside the city, which is kind of a bit late when you've done most of them and coudn't fly. But eh, it gets easier when you can fly.

At least you're on the easier server, so you don't have to look over your back or check the map a lot for green dots all the time at 30, checking who's coming a little too close and wants to kill you for no reason but getting their cheap thrills. And no, before you ask, I'm not moving away from the PVP even if I don't particularly enjoy the way some people play here.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Having to watch your back in PvP servers makes the game more exciting and dynamic imo. The only thing I disrespect is griefing/camping people much lower levels than your own.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, I agree with all that. I was just saying how it is, because the OP is on Heaven.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • Khaatt - Heavens Tear
    Khaatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just a thought, but... This is sort of a beta version, right? Is it not possible we'll get a boatload of new quests lvl 20-150 when its officially patched for the "final" version?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just a thought, but... This is sort of a beta version, right? Is it not possible we'll get a boatload of new quests lvl 20-150 when its officially patched for the "final" version?

Game is set up so it starts you off with quests. Eventually it weens you off them and veers more towards grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Game is set up so it starts you off with quests. Eventually it weens you off them and veers more towards grinding.

Why do you think the game has EXP scrolls? Those don't work with quests after all.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I had so much hell running around that I refused to play any charater other than the winglings - even though I didnt actually like clerics or archers. Now, I finally just bought a mount. That mount saved me immensely. Getting around places is so much easier now.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    nah it gets boring at lvl 100 now b:laugh

ask zoe or maiya :D
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
This discussion has been closed.