How useful rare pets are?

Options
x3000
x3000 Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Venomancer
How useful rare pets are? It looks like it takes a lot of effort to find and tame them, but are they better then Golem?
Post edited by x3000 on

Comments

• bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I heard Bear tanks comparable to golem. I don't remember if it's better or worse, but I'm pretty sure the stats are very comparable. I just don't remember which one is really better, just that they have similar stats. Bear also has more skills, nice ones.

Dharma I think is just a good pet for water, and just happens to be the best one and it's rare. Don't know much about this one though.

Other than tthat, most of the rare pets are for novelty/looks/bragging rights. Also to make All Class pets requires multiple eggs of a rare pet, which is why they sell good. Of course the All Class pets are pure novelty, but the fact that they're so hard to make makes them expensive.

I personally want a Kitty because I like cats. Some people like Bear to tank because it's smaller than golem and doesn't block view. The bunny DPSes pretty good, and is smaller than other pets that are used for DPS. Stuff like that.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • Succubus - Lost City
    Succubus - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    you dont really need them, there are better pets for every stat ( excluding the speed of the aqua)

not all pets but some of the most used:

http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php
    ASCENSION :cool:
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Asking this here, since I'd rather not create another topic.

I'm thinking of getting a Shadou Cub (Dodo), but I only have 4 pet slots (I heard you can only get 4 (rather not waste more gold to test if that's false)). Right now I have a Petite Sawfly, Crystalline Magmite, Jaguar Mount, and Supreme Undine (which is switchable).

I would have all the pets I want, however, when you restore a pet, their loyalty drops to 0. So which one should I replace? My 4th one is pretty much a placeholder for a water pet when I have to go fight in the water.

Should I bother getting a Dodo? I know that it's attack is definitely lower than a magmite, but it's also much faster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimu - Heavens Tear
    Mimu - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i think u should try to get ur hands on the bear cub and the froggie, they are definitely worth it. i heard the hercule and phoenix are like 'omg! omg!' pets lol :p but i havent played on other servers, so i have no idea how good they are.