How do u turn in a bot?

lazor
lazor Posts: 36
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I have seen this person botting now 2 times. He goes off by himself, never answers your pms, doesnt care if u ks him, and its always the same skills repeated over and over again. I hit the GM button in game but all that says is "i am stuck"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Click on the person, then right click on the picture in the top middle and choose report hacking.

Alternatively you can just wait till they are silly enough to post screenshots on the forum with their botting program open. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    in-game reporting is your first option.

Also, take screenshots whenever possible and report it directly to the GM team using our ticketing system at: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited September 2008
    Thank you guys..imma go bot hunting today in the wee hours of the morning. :D He plays all day..i see him on World chat but around 2-3 in the morning he sets up his bot. HEs like lvl 70+ and NOT a veno.
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lazor wrote: »
    Thank you guys..imma go bot hunting today in the wee hours of the morning. :D He plays all day..i see him on World chat but around 2-3 in the morning he sets up his bot. HEs like lvl 70+ and NOT a veno.

*whistles* What's his/her name?~ I know a few lv65+ players
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lets all make a big commotion about it so all the lvl 70+ today will turn off their bots and give us a chance to catch up for a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Click on the person, then right click on the picture in the top middle and choose report hacking.

Alternatively you can just wait till they are silly enough to post screenshots on the forum with their botting program open. :eek:

love it.//
  • Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear
    Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lazor wrote: »

Now the person is going to change spots :p GL!!
  • saedrya
    saedrya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ??? I dont respond to PMs half the time. I know several who dont ... is that honestly your basis? I have spoken to people after i Ksed them continuously by accident and they didnt care, I also dont care when I am Ksed as its no problem the monster will respawn.

Is this really your basis for forming the uneducated opinion that the particular player is a Bot??? I hope you have more than that my friend : / ... and i hope GMs check things out and dont just ban people when people tell them to without getting the facts themselves.

Some assumptions need more reinforcement to be passed off as educated guesses. I dont mean to insult you but according to your description of a bot, Any two people playing together who shut off all their text, lawdy lawdy, Must be breaking game rules. :rolleyes:
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    saedrya wrote: »
    ??? I dont respond to PMs half the time. I know several who dont ... is that honestly your basis? I have spoken to people after i Ksed them continuously by accident and they didnt care, I also dont care when I am Ksed as its no problem the monster will respawn.

Is this really your basis for forming the uneducated opinion that the particular player is a Bot??? I hope you have more than that my friend : / ... and i hope GMs check things out and dont just ban people when people tell them to without getting the facts themselves.

Some assumptions need more reinforcement to be passed off as educated guesses. I dont mean to insult you but according to your description of a bot, Any two people playing together who shut off all their text, lawdy lawdy, Must be breaking game rules. :rolleyes:

err i think his basis was he saw the same guy in the same spot for the past few days straight without him taking a break.

while ago i saw some botters in a current territory owning guild, but as soon as u select their name they auto dc...so cant use the 'report hacking' feature on them.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    err i think his basis was he saw the same guy in the same spot for the past few days straight without him taking a break.

while ago i saw some botters in a current territory owning guild, but as soon as u select their name they auto dc...so cant use the 'report hacking' feature on them.

wow thats pretty clever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Darith - Heavens Tear
    Darith - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It wouldn't be that clever if the GM button did more than just say "I'm stuck."

Crazy talk, I know.
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    there are no BOTS for PWI yet :p
    that person was probably busy leveling up...

why don't you just enjoy your game, try to level up and leave people alone?

leave that stuff for GMs , they are there and they can do their job just fine, but for now they know that there is no such thing as BOT for PWI
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lets all make a big commotion about it so all the lvl 70+ today will turn off their bots and give us a chance to catch up for a bit.

When bots can lure 20 poison mobs and kill them all while suffering from 900 dmg poison ticks without dying, then you can accuse me of botting.
  • saedrya
    saedrya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Then i am sure you understand why I said what I said as he did not mention that the fella was in the same spot for 3 straight days Not leaving it at all. What he did say was taht at around 2 to 3 am he begins grinding there.

This indicates a different view then which you pointed out. His words alone imply that he does do other activities, it is possible that what you have derived from his statements were not of his own intent and that you are making citical assumptions without the necesarry reinforcement.

Saying he plays all day is too vague to spefically signify that he never moves from the same spot all day. But I am not sure What he does or What he meant. Regardless, based On his ideology i have good reason to suspect him as without enough information, if he had more and didnt post it, more power to him. Otherwise, i was justified in what I said.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When bots can lure 20 poison mobs and kill them all while suffering from 900 dmg poison ticks without dying, then you can accuse me of botting.

Considering that a cleric that dies against poison mobs is either stupid, out of mp, or being hit by something else physical (usually in that order) I could imagine a cleric bot grinding on level 90 spiders.

As for no botting programs... this game has been around for 4+ years now with little changes to the source code. I highly doubt that bots for this game aren't easily available.

As for the auto DC thing... that's pretty smart. Of course you could have fun by targeting them continuously...
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008

if that happens Ill just accuse u of hacking instead :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if that happens Ill just accuse u of hacking instead :)

You might as well go to the PVP server, you will fit in better there. If anyone does better than anyone else at anything they are "hacking".

Drama Drama Drama.

Some people are so jealous that others are lvling faster, better, etc than them that they will do or say anything to bring that person down.

I really do hope the GMs look further into this as well before they ban people for "botting". I come from PW MY, where I had a lvl lvl main and several alts. I know the spots I think are the best to grind or at least where I like to grind for certain lvls. Depending on my lvl you can see me daily at one certain spot grinding for hours nonstop sometimes several days in a row. Usually at the same time, why?, because that is when I play.

I tend to ignore PMs alot too, sorry, but Im tired of annoying kids or horney teenagers, who want me to pwrlvl them, help them with their quests, or trying to talk dirty to me. Its easier to just ignore them from the beginning and dont even get into conversation with them. If your not a GM I have no reason to talk to you or even to want to talk to you no matter how many PMs you send me. Yes KS'ers **** me off too, but if they are repeatedly KS'ing me then they are doing it on purpose and know what they are doing. What would be the point of saying anything to them? It would more than likely just cause some teenybopper to start insulting you, trying to start a fight or an e peen contest. I am not a bot though, and I dont use bots. So grinding in one spot at a certain time and ignoring PMs dont make you a bot.

Get over being jealous at the high lvls. Someone lvled faster than you big deal its not the end of the world. Quit griping on the forums and get back in game and go lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Cat,

1) tl;dr

2) you probably dont belong on the internet if you didn't catch the blatant joke/sarcasm.

3) aren't you being a little cynical yourself for stereotyping people on the pvp server that way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.