"Figure it out"

Options
Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
We should not have to figure out how the game operates..

It seem the dev's were to lazy to write a decent manual to let players know how to do something and the players can just 'figure it out" on their own

Case in point.. when do you see your 'chi' level

This is required if you want to do something like fire a frost arrow or generate a mana shield

I didn't learn about 1/2 the stuff in this game until I spent hours going through 'fan sites' who were mostly guessing how things work.

I guess you can always say 'what do you expect for free' ..right!

Take aim , fanboys.. fire at will (see if I care)
---
How to change your portrait from ? to you.
1.) logout, login
2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
or use the manual link (must be logged in)
ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
(copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
Post edited by Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    actully there is in game manual..just need to press L.....
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    actully there is in game manual..just need to press L.....

And its pretty much totally useless after level 1
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
  • Tigertease - Heavens Tear
    Tigertease - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You also should check out the beginners section that explains things too. Isn't that how you learn your way around a game anyways? You play it and figure it out. Not everything needs to be told to you straight up.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    First time i played PW took me bout 5 days to get lvl 20, no 1 showed me anything i just learned the way game functions on my own.hate when bunchof new players ask me every 5 sec oh whats this and this and this.......
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Game isn't hard. If it is too complicated for you, allow me to suggest Runescape or AdventureQuest.
  • serathis
    serathis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We should not have to figure out how the game operates..

It seem the dev's were to lazy to write a decent manual to let players know how to do something and the players can just 'figure it out" on their own

Case in point.. when do you see your 'chi' level

This is required if you want to do something like fire a frost arrow or generate a mana shield

I didn't learn about 1/2 the stuff in this game until I spent hours going through 'fan sites' who were mostly guessing how things work.

I guess you can always say 'what do you expect for free' ..right!

Take aim , fanboys.. fire at will (see if I care)
    ---
    Pretty much everything in this game is simplified to where anyone can understand it. Do you really need a novel-sized manual to tell you how to move forward and press a button?
    One would figure you would gain the "chi" ability at the same (cultivation) level that you gain an ability that requires "chi". The same would be said for spark.
    These are quite basic "features" that should come inherently, tbph.
    stthomp wrote: »
    Game isn't hard. If it is too complicated for you, allow me to suggest Runescape or AdventureQuest.

Or Hello Kitty Adventure Island: Online.

Then again, even that might be too hardcore
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel that people are just so lazy. I agree that it's pointless to have a giant book to help us with our every move. A little bit of extra time to figure things out on your own won't kill you. And you can just pick up bits of information as you interact with other players and surf through the web to find a way to solve your own problems. Perfect World Inc. doesn't need to bottle feed us through the entire game. And at the same time, you have to rely on yourself to find out information.
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    figure it out ey?? lol I very much figured most basic things in this game and very rarely I ask somebody about something yea I agree its kinda annoying when somebody asks hey whats this for x_X its like somebody presses pause every time he/she asks on my gameplay wonder how high there IQ is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    While you don't learn everything in the beginner's zone, you do learn stuff eventually. Either through playing the game and finding out, or by reading / researching yourself. It's not like all games tell you everything. Such as a console game wouldn't tell you where all the easter eggs are or the secret dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darith - Heavens Tear
    Darith - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    While I agree that most parts of this game aren't too difficult to find out for yourself, expecting someone to "research" fundamental aspects of the game on the internet is kind of absurd. Learning how to use skills / cast spells is nothing at all like easter eggs or secret dungeons.

It should also be remembered that a lot of people playing this game are bringing a certain gaming "skillset" with them, so it's going to be easier and more intuitive for them than it may be for someone else. For me, it's a no-brainer that all of a sudden I have "chi" that's used for some skills, but some other people may just think to themselves "What the hell? Why do I have two mana bars now?"

I guess what I'm saying is that the only thing worse than people whining for help are the people whining about newbies. The help section in-game and on the site are nice, but they're not all that extensive... and requiring someone to do research for something outside the game - for something that's not supposed to be secretive or arduous - is a failure on the game's part, plain and simple.

...all that being said, if you pay attention, you should probably be fine in this game.
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A beginners guide wouldn't be too much trouble to make. The end. lol

aka... Why even make people figure things out when it would take max 30 minutes for these people to make a quick guide explaining things?
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

aka... Why even make people figure things out when it would take max 30 minutes for these people to make a quick guide explaining things?

..... cuz
  • Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear
    Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

There is a beginners guide. Press L in game. Also, when you first start, there's a tutorial of sorts. If you read them as you were learning the game, you would have a decent grasp on game play. Not saying every single question would be answered, but the basics would be covered.

I don't have a mmo background, and was able to figure out the basics.
  • lobster4221
    lobster4221 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

http://www.perfectworld.com/guide

Personally, it's not too bad for a free MMO, and I've played a few. The guide linked above does give you a good grasp of the basics. The ingame help isn't quite as nice, but it's definitely better than Silkroad Online.

If you really want to play a game in-depth, it's your choice to surf these and other forums to gain a better idea of what classes are good, builds, what to do for money, etc. To me, the challenge is figuring out the game, or pieces of it that no one else has found, while looking at the cool scenery and laughing at some of the mob names :)

Lastly, keep in mind, this game is still in open beta, so I would set your expectations accordingly.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    There are easier ways to figure out a game than complaining in the forums, try asking people questions instead.

Direct questions seems to lead to better answers than vague wonderings.
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah, all questions feel free to ask me in game ^_^ I hate training, so I just am talking to people most the time anyways.

The in game guide mainly sucks btw. I just figured out the whole game from the forums, that was before open beta started.
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    holy god...
    Complaining about wanting to know how to do stuff yet I have written a massive FAQ in the noob section?
    Thats great, maybe next time you should spend longer than 1 second searching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • Tigertease - Heavens Tear
    Tigertease - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't think to many people search at all. Most probably just go straight to asking someone for help instead of finding the answer on their own, but what can you say to a game that most likely has a lot of younger people playing it? They just expect everyone to tell them what they want to know asap. This isn't a hard game to figure out at all. I think some consule games are harder to figure out than this is. It isn't like you have to know what every symbol means because you can just move the cursor over it and it'll tell you. The game guides that are out there are detailed enough. It gives you the basics, but wait, don't practically all games just give you the basics?
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't think to many people search at all. Most probably just go straight to asking someone for help instead of finding the answer on their own, but what can you say to a game that most likely has a lot of younger people playing it? They just expect everyone to tell them what they want to know asap. This isn't a hard game to figure out at all. I think some consule games are harder to figure out than this is. It isn't like you have to know what every symbol means because you can just move the cursor over it and it'll tell you. The game guides that are out there are detailed enough. It gives you the basics, but wait, don't practically all games just give you the basics?

Calm down tiger, you were 12 too at some point.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    iry wrote: »
    holy god...
    Complaining about wanting to know how to do stuff yet I have written a massive FAQ in the noob section?
    Thats great, maybe next time you should spend longer than 1 second searching.

From the forums I've done admin on... Next to searching, its reading stickies, especially long ones that take more than 2 seconds of attention span, that is the top thing never done by noobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most other things I'll be tolerant about and help out, but when I see somebody talking about grinding (Below 40) and how it's hard to level and the monsters give low expereince, not enough for the person to be satisfied, or die slow, I seriously feel like saying the person is dumb. Then I realize not everybody has eyes enough when looking at the Q interface to notice the Quest Search button, ]i]and[/i] realize the coordinates given actually have a use.

That's really the only thing that bothers me, people who lack IQ enough to just press all the butons they find and experiment. Sure you risk changing things and forgetting how to change them back, but that's how I learned, why can't others? :D
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.