not enough exp gained from mobs

Dry - Lost City
Dry - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Is it just me or is it like really hard to get exp when you run out of quest? im done with all my quest and only at 76% it took me about 200 kills to get to 86 and about 50 to get to 90 then i got ganged and died.... i say if this game wants to be more like WoW you should add the double exp gain. and be able to get more than .1 exp % at lvl 30+.
Post edited by Dry - Lost City on

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Try doing the Dragon Quests, especially the level 31 DQ because you'll still be able to get the DQ items pretty easily in drops, and the XP from grinding those mobs will be still reasonable. Upon completion you get around 25k xp. Sure its a lot of flying around but you can always Alt-TAB out of PW and do something else while your travelling.

If you can afford to buy the lvl 21 DQ items or still have some from drops or have the patience to grind them out try running both DQs at the same time often the destinations end up being close together. If they arent then go to the next closest destination.

I've levelled up quite happily doing that, i'm now running out of my own stock of lvl 31 DQ items and have long since run out of lvl 21 DQ items but spending 40-50k buying the items is much easier on my sanity than hours straight staring at the screen, and at the end you can always sell the copper/ silver dragon orders.

And of course dont forget the daily quest, and if you're close to levelling, level before you do the daily for maximum effect.
    I like pie
  • Tigertease - Heavens Tear
    Tigertease - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is the first online game I've played, but from what I've heard other games do get harder to level in. Also, this isn't WOW so they shouldn't be making a lot of aspects of the game just like WOW.
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Try doing the Dragon Quests, especially the level 31 DQ because you'll still be able to get the DQ items pretty easily in drops, and the XP from grinding those mobs will be still reasonable. Upon completion you get around 25k xp. Sure its a lot of flying around but you can always Alt-TAB out of PW and do something else while your travelling.

If you can afford to buy the lvl 21 DQ items or still have some from drops or have the patience to grind them out try running both DQs at the same time often the destinations end up being close together. If they arent then go to the next closest destination.

I've levelled up quite happily doing that, i'm now running out of my own stock of lvl 31 DQ items and have long since run out of lvl 21 DQ items but spending 40-50k buying the items is much easier on my sanity than hours straight staring at the screen, and at the end you can always sell the copper/ silver dragon orders.

And of course dont forget the daily quest, and if you're close to levelling, level before you do the daily for maximum effect.

21 DQ? Daily quest? Pray tell where you find all of this.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    stthomp wrote: »
    21 DQ? Daily quest? Pray tell where you find all of this.

DQ = Dragon Quest.

Daily Quest is called Cycle Quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well yeah, but where do you find the level 21 DQ? Didn't know there was a level 21 one.

And the only cycle quests I'm aware of are the ones given by the guards that reward you with celestones or something by killing a certain monster, and they are not daily, you can do them multiple times per day without limit.
  • Snow_claw - Heavens Tear
    Snow_claw - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    IMO i dont see mob XP even with the Death penalty. Dont get me wrong, I love Death penalty and all for it. But one as so severe. Unless you play a class that is really hard to solo with (Barb, Archer) then you may not understand where I am coming from.

I dont need to hear about use pots, ffs pots pots pots pots. Pots dont do any good when you trying to get a Quest done and there are several others doing the same thing, you lose out big time. By the time you kill 1 mob and rest to recover, you basically need to wait on the respawn of the one you killed.

Now say you are trying to get that last one and you are spawned on top of, now your kinda screwed. Either kill the last one your on and take the death or run. I spent about 1.5hrs last nite killing some **** i needed and in one death, more than just my fair share of gained xp was lost.
  • Snow_claw - Heavens Tear
    Snow_claw - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Also, this isn't WOW so they shouldn't be making a lot of aspects of the game just like WOW.

Firs online game? Welcome to PWI
    First online game forum rule, DONT EVER SAY THIS AGAIN!!!! Its getting Fn old!!!
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    stthomp wrote: »
    Well yeah, but where do you find the level 21 DQ? Didn't know there was a level 21 one.

And the only cycle quests I'm aware of are the ones given by the guards that reward you with celestones or something by killing a certain monster, and they are not daily, you can do them multiple times per day without limit.

The Dragon Quest is first started by taking the intitial quest from an NPC standing on near the center of Archosaur (Mr. Yeh I think). He will direct you to the Dragon Quest giver, which is where the humans start when they first enter the game, a little south of Etherblade. This quest is about talking to several npcs, some requiring you to gather specific items (commonly called DQ or Dragon Quest items).

The Daily Quest is first accessed once you reach level 30 and is taken from an NPC in Archosaur West district. She will ask you to obtain 5 colored gems (purchased from Merchants) and deliver them to another NPC somewhere in the same city. After doing so, you wait 10 minutes for your reward of Exp and Spirit points. As you progress in levels, the quality of the stones she requests increase and you will need to combine smaller stones in order to make the needed higher level stones.

At level 70, in addition to the normal Daily Quest, you get another daily quest, commonly called World Quest. This is obtained by an NPC very near the other Daily Quest giver. It involves no killing or item gathering, just a lot of travel around the world talking to about 20 different NPCs. I believe there are a total of 30 NPCs possible for the quest to choose from, and the ones it has you talk to (after the first 3 and the very last one) are selected at random, so the quest does vary a bit from day to day. At the end, you get Exp, Spirit, and sometimes a random 3 reward (Mirage stones, extra spirit, "Mysterious Items", gold, etc).

I hope this clears things up a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When you grind to gain XP I suggest kill air or sea mobs. They give more exp per kill.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    At level 50, look for the Extremityterra Eidofoxies( "Foxwing Supreme" in this version) monsters near the starting cities, they're cute level 60 flying foxes. These are great for grinding since they drop a lot of valuable stuff, won't attack you first, and are worth a lot of exp.... Did I mention they're pleasent to look at? Not like those ugly level 50 things above Hidden Hero village.

I could probably write an entire page of stuff about how much I love the foxies, but I need sleep. :]
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ina1166 wrote: »
    At level 50, look for the Extremityterra Eidofoxies( "Foxwing Supreme" in this version) monsters near the starting cities, they're cute level 60 flying foxes. These are great for grinding since they drop a lot of valuable stuff, won't attack you first, and are worth a lot of exp.... Did I mention they're pleasent to look at? Not like those ugly level 50 things above Hidden Hero village.

I could probably write an entire page of stuff about how much I love the foxies, but I need sleep. :]

heh foxy <3 I noticed those while I was killing Cloud Dancer at Etherblade didn't attacked Foxwing Supreme any yet since I was about to lvl :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Now would would it be if u get 1% per mob?? u would have lvl 100 in 2 months......

PW is pretty good in aspect of lvling and quest.....played many MMOs and most of them was u have max number of lvls u get quest type kill xx number of normal or elite and champion mobs later....

So u could get last 15 lvls near end but then when u stumbled opon these elite mobs...u just needed full party of nearly highest lvl ppl to kill em.......besides i dont know whats the rush to get 105 fast...its still open beta for god......enjoy game cose its most colorfull and GFX is so nice.......i do spend 4 hrs lvling and 1-2 just chatting or wondering the world.....
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    still its not realy good idea to just kill mobs to lvl cuz from quests you get rep and they usefull later I was suprised when I got my Rank 1:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    still its not realy good idea to just kill mobs to lvl cuz from quests you get rep and they usefull later I was suprised when I got my Rank 1:D

wait till you see rank two. :eek:
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    wait till you see rank two. :eek:

:confused: hmm well I did heard rank two might be disapointing but I see about that when I get it still getting rank 1 isn't for trash :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    For exp LOL u need FCC really it is great real fun great exp with hypersb:laugh can also do bh but FCC is realy the greatest exp ever and the best funb:victory
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    And NecroKing does it again! An almost 3 year old thread this time? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The older the necro, the more awesome it is :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray