What do you think the prices should be?

aceheart
aceheart Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
What do you think the prices should be?Lately i have notice that people are being greedy and increase prices like mad. Selling items like rough fur for 2k-5k or a gold zen for 1million gold. so what do you think people should be selling the prices at?
Post edited by aceheart on

Comments

• Fatburger - Lost City
    Fatburger - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    aceheart wrote: »
    What do you think the prices should be?Lately i have notice that people are being greedy and increase prices like mad. Selling items like rough fur for 2k-5k or a gold zen for 1million gold. so what do you think people should be selling the prices at?

the simple answer is that players should set prices that buyers are willing to pay. simple market economics there, friendo.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I will only sell an item for a price I would be willing to buy the item for myself.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I know this game just opened but the prices are still amazingly cheap compared to PW MY as far as in game gold is concerned.

Today I saw pure black dye for 200k... Pw My that would have been 4 million

I saw red dye for 150k.. PW MY that would have 2-3 million

Shadou Bear Cubs I see for 1.2-1.9 million....PW MY 6million-9million

Black and Red Minxxy Skirts 125k... PW MY 1.75 million

Rough Lumber 2.5k... PW MY 11k

Plumdrop kitten 400k...PW MY 3-5 million

Silver Charms 150-200k...PW MY 1 million+

Mijis 45-60k...PW MY 150k

There are tons of others and Im not going to bother to post the price increase on everyone.

Sad truth is get used to it. This version the prices are already creaping up and they WILL eventually get to the same prices as PW MY and higher than that. So If you think its exspensive now wait 6 months and your going to freak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Prices only go up due to greedy players.
    Main characters
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Territory wars imbalance the amount of gold and is, in my own opinion only, the cause of the market inflation. But hey, that has no negative effect except a visible "oh noes, the price of zen in in game gold is rising" but really, the price of EVERYTHING will rise correspondingly. At least this makes pots / horses / whatever else comes from npc's comparatively cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stalwart - Heavens Tear
    Stalwart - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Obvious statement here but:
    MY has been around a lot longer than INT, much more money in circulation; in game prices are bound to be higher.
    Has nothing to do with prices here.
    Brethren - 20
    Adamantite - 20
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Obvious statement here but:
    MY has been around a lot longer than INT, much more money in circulation; in game prices are bound to be higher.
    Has nothing to do with prices here.

Obviously didnt really read my post but Ill highlight the key parts:
    I know this game just opened but the prices are still amazingly cheap compared to PW MY

This version the prices are already creaping up and they WILL eventually get to the same prices as PW MY and higher than that. So If you think its exspensive now wait 6 months and your going to freak.

Inflation is in every game. The prices WILL go up, thats the nature of the beast. Comparatively it is safe to use PW MY to see where the the prices will be headed too. If you play PW MY you will know they look at PW Japan to see where their prices are going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the max price of any fashion, should not be over 20 gold
    the max price of any mount / aerogear should not be over 30 gold
    max price of a usable item like charms/dye/scroll should not be more than 1 gold per unit
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Inflation is in every game. The prices WILL go up, thats the nature of the beast.

They don't have to, and in some games they don't, in GW (rune) prices have steadily dropped. It depends on the relative ease of acquiring gold and the available gold sinks.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    turtlewax wrote: »
    They don't have to, and in some games they don't, in GW (rune) prices have steadily dropped. It depends on the relative ease of acquiring gold and the available gold sinks.

Exactly. When it comes right down to it, prices do NOT have to go up. In mmos there can be infinite supply, no real demand and people will STILL raise prices. Its not based on economics, its based on GREED.
    Main characters
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tbh, zen is expensive and ppl are mfing greedy.
    but lol at zoe when he/she said that would sell at price he/she is willing to buy...thats just lol..
    i buy at low prices and sell for a normal amount of money...not too high, not too low...somewhere in the middle so i earn at least something since i'm not being greedy. every time i start a game like this i know what is going to happen. i start actually giving the coins away lol..and every time i say that i'm going to be greedy but i just can't lulz...i can has cheezburger!
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    If I see those shops that are buying and selling the same thing but they are buying for low and selling higher, I leave on the spot, no matter how low their prices may be.

They can be buying a material for 10 and selling it for 20 I don't care. THAT is WHY prices go up! I will NEVER buy from people that only wish to drive up prices so they can get rich.

I buy mats from other players when I need to use them. When I no longer need them since my crafting level is higher, I still gather them from mining spots/ monsters, then I sell them for the same price I bought them at or lower. I make a ton of money and I keep prices low.

Right now I have a 2 silver hp charms, 3 silver mp charms, my bank is nearly max, my inventory is huge. I'm looking to buy a riding mount shortly and I have never bought low and sold high out of greed, nor do I do ANY of the money making schemes everyone else always does. How is it that I'm able to make so much money when I DON'T do any of that and everyone insists they HAVE to do that to make money? Also, I have never bought Zen with real money either.

It makes no sense to me.
    Main characters
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i think i'm gonna give you a medal of honour! bravo! good girl! wow! just amazing!
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I know this game just opened but the prices are still amazingly cheap compared to PW MY as far as in game gold is concerned.

Today I saw pure black dye for 200k... Pw My that would have been 4 million

I saw red dye for 150k.. PW MY that would have 2-3 million

Shadou Bear Cubs I see for 1.2-1.9 million....PW MY 6million-9million

Black and Red Minxxy Skirts 125k... PW MY 1.75 million

Rough Lumber 2.5k... PW MY 11k

Plumdrop kitten 400k...PW MY 3-5 million

Silver Charms 150-200k...PW MY 1 million+

Mijis 45-60k...PW MY 150k

There are tons of others and Im not going to bother to post the price increase on everyone.

Sad truth is get used to it. This version the prices are already creaping up and they WILL eventually get to the same prices as PW MY and higher than that. So If you think its exspensive now wait 6 months and your going to freak.
    But if i'm not mistaken youcan buy gold with zen in PW-MY which floods the world with extra gold drive prices way up since anyone who pays $$$ can get plenty of gold whereas in this economy theres only as mcuh total gold as people have farmed from quests and monsters minus what has been spent on npcs
  • Stalwart - Heavens Tear
    Stalwart - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Obviously didnt really read my post but Ill highlight the key parts:

Inflation is in every game. The prices WILL go up, thats the nature of the beast. Comparatively it is safe to use PW MY to see where the the prices will be headed too. If you play PW MY you will know they look at PW Japan to see where their prices are going.

Well from a calculus perspective it can never reach or exceed the prices of MY :3.
    Yay for limits.
    Brethren - 20
    Adamantite - 20
  • Ryokasami - Heavens Tear
    Ryokasami - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Listen people, if you've got a problem with prices, you need to organize a group large enough to attack the economy in large. Why do I bring this solution up? Because I myself have done such a movement and MADE IT WORK.

Anybody play Rose Online while it was in its beta? Remember the DealersUnion? I started that group! Overall prices were reduced because stations were set up in each business area with products the users wanted at reduced prices. If people notice the name of the group, they'll know they're guaranteed lower prices. Thinking of the customer more than yourself is the only way you can tame the beast of inflation. You lose in the end, but if you want to even attempt at changing the rest of the market, sacrifice is necessary.

In other words, what the other ones lack is the ability to regulate the economy in a brute force fashion. It goes up up and away because there's nothing stopping players' greed/desire for profit. If there was a brickwall of people around who would divert the attention from the price brutes and reroute it to a regulated price system, then there's a better chance at keeping the prices lower for longer. Given, this isn't a permanent solution due to everyone's diversity of values and lack of smart shoppers on MMOs, but I've made an impact on a game's economy by taking action, and so can anyone else who puts effort into it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Listen people, if you've got a problem with prices, you need to organize a group large enough to attack the economy in large. Why do I bring this solution up? Because I myself have done such a movement and MADE IT WORK.

Anybody play Rose Online while it was in its beta? Remember the DealersUnion? I started that group! Overall prices were reduced because stations were set up in each business area with products the users wanted at reduced prices. If people notice the name of the group, they'll know they're guaranteed lower prices. Thinking of the customer more than yourself is the only way you can tame the beast of inflation. You lose in the end, but if you want to even attempt at changing the rest of the market, sacrifice is necessary.

In other words, what the other ones lack is the ability to regulate the economy in a brute force fashion. It goes up up and away because there's nothing stopping players' greed/desire for profit. If there was a brickwall of people around who would divert the attention from the price brutes and reroute it to a regulated price system, then there's a better chance at keeping the prices lower for longer. Given, this isn't a permanent solution due to everyone's diversity of values and lack of smart shoppers on MMOs, but I've made an impact on a game's economy by taking action, and so can anyone else who puts effort into it.

Something like this will not make me lose out on money. Actually it will do just the opposite. In all the mmos I've played I can get all the money I want as I keep my selling prices quite low. At the same time with people selling at low prices, I can afford whatever I need. I see no drawback to selling at a low price.
    Main characters
  • Ryokasami - Heavens Tear
    Ryokasami - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Something like this will not make me lose out on money. Actually it will do just the opposite. In all the mmos I've played I can get all the money I want as I keep my selling prices quite low. At the same time with people selling at low prices, I can afford whatever I need. I see no drawback to selling at a low price.

I had to say it in a way that would attract EVERYONE'S attention. You are smart enough to realize that long term> short term, but not everyone will think that way. Excuse my lack of clarity :)

Also, not everybody's in the same boat. I'm glad this wouldn't impact you as badly as everyone else. Perhaps you would like to help start a group similar to my Dealer's Union on PW, and perhaps revolutionize the economy?
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's still OB... Wait for 3-4 months and prices might or will change.
  • kazuyacat
    kazuyacat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is just economics plain and simple. Ppl want to sell as high as they can and buy as low as they can. That is Capitalism. If you want to blame someone, blame the invisible hand.
  • aceheart
    aceheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008

thats was what i was thinking of doing before but i wanted to see whre everyone standed on this issue
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    People that buys low and re-sell at higher price are Greedy and we could live without those.

Ofc, the price on zen goes up b:shocked when less people buys it b:pleased
    And at some point, i do think its ok that they set higher price for a zen. Cause its their real money they waste b:shocked just on zen, just so that you can buy another skirt or pants.

Maybe we can hope that zen comes up to 1g=300k? or higher, then people would learn something.. or maybe they just turn to their mom and dad's c-card's.
    I always belived that those that sells for low price of the zen, are those that gets it from their parent's. Cause they dont know the value of hard earned $.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]