exp scrolls.

Hitsuu - Lost City
Hitsuu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Now, I know you need to make money, but this is outrageous. 50% for one hour... How much extra exp are we even going to get for the amount of cash we would have to pay? To be honest I was expecting something around 100-200%. Maybe even a few choices of 1-5 hours. So now, I would have to pay for one exp scroll every hour that I grind, for 50% exp. Right now, I'm grinding 5 hours for 1 level, and lets say I add the 50% scroll into the mix. So..... It goes and takes off one or one and a half hours... but I have to buy this thing for four hours worth of grinding.. Really pisses me off about the limited amount of "choices" we have in this PWI cash shop... You people are horrible learners. But I guess people learn from their mistakes...
Post edited by Hitsuu - Lost City on

Comments

• Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how much is that scroll anyway?
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    50 cents USD each
  • pharse
    pharse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Seems like an OK deal to me if you want to pay for experience instead of actually earning it.

It would seem like the smart thing to do would be to get a whole bunch of quests and save them all up to turn in. Hit the scroll and start turning them in. You get much more exp for quests than for just killing monsters anyway. I currently have about 5 quests that are done and just need to be turned in for exp. If you got a bunch of them and just spent an hour turning them in then you could really add it up.
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    pharse wrote: »
    Seems like an OK deal to me if you want to pay for experience instead of actually earning it.

It would seem like the smart thing to do would be to get a whole bunch of quests and save them all up to turn in. Hit the scroll and start turning them in. You get much more exp for quests than for just killing monsters anyway. I currently have about 5 quests that are done and just need to be turned in for exp. If you got a bunch of them and just spent an hour turning them in then you could really add it up.
    Don't think it is gonna work for quests. I think it is mob kills only.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    More whining over completely optional features, great! Five hours for a level sounds comparable to several other MMOS, if you want the 50% extra, then buy, if not, stick to the standard grind. You do get a decent deal if you buy them in packs of 10.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hahaha this is funny. imagine if they come up with an item called "This is Sparta" that automatically raises your level by 10 and it costs 300 USD.

People would be going "gahhh now you're making me pay 300 USD to even play this game omggggg Im too poor how dare you cheat me like this"

then you end up buying it anyways.

game feeds off players like u. thanks of carrying us freeloaders :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • icedust
    icedust Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what i don't understand is that peopel whining about what gold cost if you pay with in-game money...100k is pretty easy to come up with if you just put you mind to it
  • Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was quite happy to see these as 50 cents instead of 1 dollar like I figured it would be. MY-EN was 1-cubigold (roughly 33 cents) so the price isn't too far off.

Seems like they're at least listening to us.
  • pharse
    pharse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Don't think it is gonna work for quests. I think it is mob kills only.

bummer. Oh well. I don't plan on buying them anyway. I like building up my character even if I have to kill 300 of some monster.
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I bought a few for 45k for the times I'll just be sitting and grinding for awhile. 45k is nothing.... and 50% isnt much... so seems okay by me.
  • Hitsuu - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I love how you all are reading my post INCORRECTLY. I am simply stating that more of a variety of exp scrolls should be available. More cost = higher % per hour. That is all.. Get your eyes checked.
  • Stalwart - Heavens Tear
    Stalwart - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Last MMO I played they had an exp boost that lasted 1 month :P.
    Brethren - 20
    Adamantite - 20
  • Merc - Lost City
    Merc - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why would you want scrolls that give you more xp?, all the rich kids will be level 100+ and the poor **** sitting at the bottom of the food chain, isent having an unfair advantage in MMO's cheating?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why would you want scrolls that give you more xp?, all the rich kids will be level 100+ and the poor **** sitting at the bottom of the food chain, isent having an unfair advantage in MMO's cheating?

I work all day, I don't have time to sit in-game for 8 hours a day and grind. Having the option of buying an exp item helps level the playing field for me. Cheating? Please...
  • Merc - Lost City
    Merc - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I work all day, I don't have time to sit in-game for 8 hours a day and grind. Having the option of buying an exp item helps level the playing field for me. Cheating? Please...

Ah yes, i see your point sorry about my previous post i take it back this is a good idea. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Exp scroll prices are fine.

As long as they keep Heiro prices at 1.50 for silver there is no problem here.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • Hitsuu - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I explained this already, why do people continually think that I am describing the prices? I think the prices are better than GREAT, but I am Pre-med, biochem major. I do not have much time on my hands to be grinding 5 hours for 145% exp. You know?? Well, I will be posting this in the suggestions thread. Options are always WELCOME.
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm disappointed that they even added them in the first place. One thing that made me really respect this game was the fact that almost all the cash shop items focus on fashion/style instead of giving unfair advantages. I've played f2p games that give such ridiculous bonuses for cash shop users that you can hardly even call the game f2p. The way this is going, they may start tossing actual gear and bigger exp/spirit bonus items in, to the point where you can't even compete without spending more than you would end up spending on a p2p game. In other words, I disagree 100% with the OP and hope that no more variety of exp/spirit bonuses are implemented.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    exp scrolls are just fine. especially these one. too bad you are pre med bio chem g6 ha12 eleven minus major liutenant , who cares? visit #carebears channel, they care. drop the school and play or quit whining. scrolls are fine.
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The most practical use of these scrolls for those of you that never played in the previous versions is what is called AoE parties (they called them zen parties in PW-MY).

Basically, after level 60, when the Clerics get their AoE Healing bubble skill, get mages/archers who also get constant damage arrays in AoE. Have them set up close to each other and have "lurers" (usually a blademaster or barbarian, someone who can take some damage and draw aggro), bring back a group of critters into the AoE damage area to die.

Since you can kill mobs very quickly this way compared to soloing, using an Exp scroll while doing this maximizes it's potential. So, if you only have a short time to play (an hour or so), this would be the ideal usage.

And, as another poster pointed out, the scroll does not increase the amount of experience you get from turning in a quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rourou - Lost City
    Rourou - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what's to complain about? if you don't want to spend the money, no one's forcing you to.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The most practical use of these scrolls for those of you that never played in the previous versions is what is called AoE parties (they called them zen parties in PW-MY).

Basically, after level 60, when the Clerics get their AoE Healing bubble skill, get mages/archers who also get constant damage arrays in AoE. Have them set up close to each other and have "lurers" (usually a blademaster or barbarian, someone who can take some damage and draw aggro), bring back a group of critters into the AoE damage area to die.

Since you can kill mobs very quickly this way compared to soloing, using an Exp scroll while doing this maximizes it's potential. So, if you only have a short time to play (an hour or so), this would be the ideal usage.

And, as another poster pointed out, the scroll does not increase the amount of experience you get from turning in a quest.

Yep good point there, scrolls r meant to be used for zhen partys anyway as u can get lvl in 40mins if u doing it right, so insted of 1 lvl u get 1 and half wich for lvl 60 is very good
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitsuu - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    exp scrolls are just fine. especially these one. too bad you are pre med bio chem g6 ha12 eleven minus major liutenant , who cares? visit #carebears channel, they care. drop the school and play or quit whining. scrolls are fine.

Hahaha, this guy is just mad because he failed out of junior high. You probably don't even know what the hell that means. Anyways, these scrolls are the best addition to the game yet, this is because people like me, who don't have too much time to play, are now able to get somewhat better exp at a cost. It is not an "advantage" because everyone can buy it in game with gold or with their OWN cash, so get real and stop calling it an advantage.
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    this is because people like me

No they don't
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    exp scrolls are just fine. especially these one. too bad you are pre med bio chem g6 ha12 eleven minus major liutenant , who cares? visit #carebears channel, people in that channel probably owns me.

here you go. fix'ed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Wishfox - Lost City
    Wishfox - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hahaha this is funny. imagine if they come up with an item called "This is Sparta" that automatically raises your level by 10 and it costs 300 USD.

People would be going "gahhh now you're making me pay 300 USD to even play this game omggggg Im too poor how dare you cheat me like this"

then you end up buying it anyways.

game feeds off players like u. thanks of carrying us freeloaders :cool:

my thoughts exactly...you can buy them if you want the game to be easier on grinding, or you can not, and just spend more time leveling...if it's true that they don't work on quest turn-ins anyway, then they're not really useful unless you're stuck to grinding instead of questing because of the number of available quests or something similar.

i may get a couple of these myself, but I don't see them as being as useful as charms. Both together, however, would definitely rock for getting through the game faster. I think I'll just wait and buy them with in-game money off of someone selling them. :P
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    *sigh* just nevermind.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Could save em for instance runs too.
  • Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear
    Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you buy the pack of 10, will it run for 10 hours straight? Or can you use them one at a time?
  • garblebeast
    garblebeast Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    u use them one at a time
    AKA Nikobug :D