Fixed Patching Issue

Simpzz - Lost City
Simpzz - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Note:
I have the luxury of another computer in my home, so I installed PW to the other computer, which successfully patched to version 13 (don't know why). If you do not have another computer at home I suggest asking a friend that plays to aid you.

Need:
1. Need DVD-R data CD (Files needed to burn is more than 2.56gig in size)

Steps:
1. Burn Perfect World International (from 2nd computer w/updated version 13)
(C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment)

2. Replaced old "Perfect World Entertainment" folder (from 1st computer w/patching issue) with
the updated/burned Perfect World Entertainment folder. Just drag to C:\Program Files and
click "yes to all" to confirm action.

3. Load up PW and enjoy !

Hope this helps some :D
Post edited by Simpzz - Lost City on

Comments

• mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Note:
    I have the luxury of another computer in my home, so I installed PW to the other computer, which successfully patched to version 13 (don't know why). If you do not have another computer at home I suggest asking a friend that plays to aid you.

Need:
    1. Need DVD-R data CD (Files needed to burn is more than 2.56gig in size)

Steps:
    1. Burn Perfect World International (from 2nd computer w/updated version 13)
    (C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment)

2. Replaced old "Perfect World Entertainment" folder (from 1st computer w/patching issue) with
    the updated/burned Perfect World Entertainment folder. Just drag to C:\Program Files and
    click "yes to all" to confirm action.

3. Load up PW and enjoy !

Hope this helps some :D
    Yes that's exactly what I usually do. But both my PC's wont even load the data T_T I just need someone to post the files on a file hosting site (completed ones) and then i can just download it from there. But what you siad does work but to save CD's I usually go on MSN and send files to my other pc (only the problem ones) then both pc's can patch eaisly. But today I can not even pass Elements.data and i know task.data will be another issue for me ><
  • fubar01
    fubar01 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Simpzz can u please upload the trouble files. it would only take about 3 minutes

the trouble files are

element.data
    task.data
    iconlist_guild.dds
    Element.exe
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    After you replace all the files from the burned DVD make sure you change the permissions on the folder as the files will now be read-only.

I also have 2 systems (actually 3) but my second system now states "Update Server under maintainence " but the first system works fine.

I finally got one system updated, only took the last 18 hours

I'm really glad you don't have to pay for this krap..

Cheers
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well by chance can one of you like, post up the files: Element.data and Task.data on a file hosting site PLEASE ><. Cause i have been doing this for almost 8 hours and nothing and I have like an hour left. All it really takes to save disk's if not RW is to upload and download. It would be so awesome if one of you would post those files up for us. Cause in another tread I directly ask for it. But no one seems like they want to take a moment to help others T_T
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Please keep in mind this is an Open Beta test, not a released product.

We appreciate all that our community does to help others, and to help us work these things out.

Thank You!!!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    For those of you who can't patch no matter how many times you try and are Windows XP users, and are perhaps anxiously awaiting a manual patch (they're working on it), you can help us with the patch server issues by doing the following:

1) In XP, click on Start > click on Run > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert 64.74.217.11
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "64.74.217.11"
    3) Wait until it bring a message back and a full log. Maximize (enlarge) the window as large as it will go and hopefully all of the text will be able to fit into the screen.
    4) Press Prnt Scrn (print screen) on your keyboard. Open mspaint.exe (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)
    5) Click on the dotted line box at the top of the left menu to select a section > Click on the white space and press Ctrl+P to paste the image you grabbed with Prtn Scrn
    6) Save it where you can find it, as a .JPG image. Take that image and send it to our ticketing system (http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing)and let us know it is a "trace route log"
    7) We take the logs and crunch the info through the engineers and get them crackin on the patch issues!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Please keep in mind this is an Open Beta test, not a released product.

We appreciate all that our community does to help others, and to help us work these things out.

Thank You!!!

I was under the impression this was a final release as it says nothing about 'Open Beta' on the website or welcome message in the game.

If this is still Beta, I can give it a benefit of a doubt.

Thanks for the info
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
This discussion has been closed.