Perfect World Inc. Please Post Manual Patch!

Options
diz
diz Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Everyone I know that plays this game is having patching problems, even those who have not had them in the past.

Why not automatically post the manual patches as soon as the servers are updated and save us all the aggravation of searching, looking, and trying various things?

It's not as though Perfect World is not aware there are severe problems with patching on every update! Why not just always do this until you have actually resolved the issues? Putting us through this makes no sense!

Please take this to heart! PLEASE POST A MANUAL PATCH! I'm still stuck at elements, but others are all stuck at various points, we all need help!
Post edited by diz on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Unfortunately, there were some issues with the manual patch for version 13 and it had to be pulled at the last minute; we are hoping to have one ready and working for the next patch.

Please be patient while waiting for the patch to install, as it is somewhat larger than the previous patches. Even if it appears to have frozen, wait a few minutes to see if it resumes. There are processes that are running in the background that compile the patch files but may not necessarily progress the status bar. If it still hasn't moved after waiting for at least three or four minutes, exit the launcher and then restart it and resume the patch; this will usually solve the problem.

If you are still having problems with patching your game, please submit a ticket to tech support.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    qft >.> but anyways we are pressurizing them too much i guess.. heres a suggestion..

give us all the updated files in the folder... zip it and we will manually replace the older ones >__<;;

ps: Please see

eh same meaning =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rys - Heavens Tear
    Rys - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I personally know of 4 people who have been trying to patch all day, myself for last 7 hours, some on WinXP, some Vista, from America and the UK.

And yes, we have tried it ALL, always have to wait for someone to upload the patched files. I've been sending in the log and dxdiag files last two patches. First patch we tried for over 10 hours, so this one isn't some new thing for us.
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    =d yeah i am stuck at iconlist_guild.dds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_livia_x - Heavens Tear
    X_livia_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Same...stuck on iconlist_guild.dds...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    IP addresses (ignore the letters a,b,c, they are there for listing purposes only). You can allow for these IP addresses, or ask your ISP, school, etc; to allow them for your traffic. Same thing with your anti-virus and security software.

www.perfectworld.com
    a. 64.74.129.32
    b. 64.74.129.33

Heaven's Tear (PVE) pwigc4.perfectworld.com
    a. 29000:64.74.134.61
    b. 29000:64.74.134.62
    c. 29000:64.74.134.63
    d. 29000:64.74.134.64
    e. 29000:64.74.134.38
    f. 29000:64.74.134.39
    g. 29000:64.74.134.59
    h. 29000:64.74.134.60

Lost City (PvP) pwigc3.perfectworld.com

a. 29000:64.74.134.57
    b. 29000:64.74.134.58
    c. 29000:64.74.134.31
    d. 29000:64.74.134.32
    e. 29000:64.74.134.53
    f. 29000:64.74.134.54
    g. 29000:64.74.134.55
    h. 29000:64.74.134.56

Patch server http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/

a. 64.74.217.11
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • diz
    diz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I was thrilled to get through elements.data, after a million restarts, then zip right through tasks.

Only to find myself now stuck on iconlist_guild.dds.

Currently 8 hrs and 43 minutes of trying, and quitting and restarting over and over.
  • xyel
    xyel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Same thing, reinstalled, and now im even further back
  • xxacyxx
    xxacyxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    my patch doesnt work i cant find another patch
  • jessfox
    jessfox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    surtr wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there were some issues with the manual patch for version 13 and it had to be pulled at the last minute; we are hoping to have one ready and working for the next patch.

Please be patient while waiting for the patch to install, as it is somewhat larger than the previous patches. Even if it appears to have frozen, wait a few minutes to see if it resumes. There are processes that are running in the background that compile the patch files but may not necessarily progress the status bar. If it still hasn't moved after waiting for at least three or four minutes, exit the launcher and then restart it and resume the patch; this will usually solve the problem.

If you are still having problems with patching your game, please submit a ticket to tech support.

I'm having a hard time downloading the 8-13 manual patch, is there anyway you could put it up as a torrent like you do for the original game client?
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I know how you feel I was one of the "Unpatchable" during CBb:cry. I always check out the Technical Support Zone when ever I have time to see if I can help anyone with patching problems. I find it sad that when someone ask for help with patching, it take along time for help to come. Here is the link for patch 8-13. I'll upload 13-15 later.
    ~Take care ^_^
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3DOB1CWD
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Here is the link for patch 13-15.
    ~take care ^_^
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8RTEJGV
This discussion has been closed.