Can anyone post the current element.data and the task.data

mieko
mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Sorry to bother everyone but I haver been tryiong tto patch the game for 6 hours and not matter what tricks /tips I try nothing. I am getting really annoyed. And I really would like it if someone who has already completed the patch would post the file on a file share site. files needed are element.data and task.data. and I also thing Guild_icon(?) some thign liek that that people are also gettign stuck on. So I can play today PLEASE!!!! Thank You T_T
Post edited by mieko on

Comments

• xyel
    xyel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mieko wrote: »
    Sorry to bother everyone but I haver been tryiong tto patch the game for 6 hours and not matter what tricks /tips I try nothing. I am getting really annoyed. And I really would like it if someone who has already completed the patch would post the file on a file share site. files needed are element.data and task.data. and I also thing Guild_icon(?) some thign liek that that people are also gettign stuck on. So I can play today PLEASE!!!! Thank You T_T

Same issues for me... goin on 12 hours
  • mieko
    edited September 2008
    xyel wrote: »
    Same issues for me... goin on 12 hours

OMG!!! this is crazy. I really REALLY hope some on can help us T_T_T_T_T_T
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ya im one of those cant get past element or task stupid files. after hours of not gettin past, i did that other suggestion, i got the traditional and simplified chinese packs from microsoft page. and guess what it worked, but i still got hung up on other files. good thing is the exit and start again thing worked for that issue. still a pain to start,exit,start, etc for hangups. but at least i can do that now.
  • mieko
    edited September 2008
    thirst wrote: »
    ya im one of those cant get past element or task stupid files. after hours of not gettin past, i did that other suggestion, i got the traditional and simplified chinese packs from microsoft page. and guess what it worked, but i still got hung up on other files. good thing is the exit and start again thing worked for that issue. still a pain to start,exit,start, etc for hangups. but at least i can do that now.

Yep I have the traditional Chinese packs already. Still no luck for me. Ussually aftyer many restarts etc it works. But today i have been at it for 6+hours and nothing is working at all for me. I even used ALL the Suggestions to post it. the only answer is getting the files from someone who successfully downloaded it.

(Hint: you can post it at a file share site if have the time to help many others with the same issues)
  • Rys - Heavens Tear
    Rys - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm starting to wonder exactly how many of us are there? I know of four, but so far I'm the only one of four who has ever posted about it, and had to harass or step by step walk the others through sending in their log files.

Seems alot that actually post can get around patching issues with some form of resume/restarting, router ports, china pk, etc, but I'm wondering how many flat out can't?

We the unlucky wait for the files to be uploaded, as they have been for all patches but this one, just usually takes some forum digging to find the player shared file. And then...how many actually post that they needed it, and it worked? Or worse even know how to use it?

And having had 14 hours now to think on this...needing to download files from other players for every patch is not...um...smart. :P As they keep saying, lots are playing this game fine, so perhaps I should stop encouraging my friends to keep trying to patch, and we go find something else...lol
  • mieko
    edited September 2008
    The sadder part is that it simply takes to minutes. All i need is the file then i drag them to my data folder. And then restart patcher. It always works. But you know how it goes. Once a person is in those who cannot connect no longer matter T_T. So i guess I will have to wait until some one is kind enough to do so. Sadly I was hoping to do the daily stone quest today to get my extra % but looks like i will miss it and have to beat up mobs for the 20%ish tomorrow T_T
    (unless can manage to get it done in 1 more hours, leaving house till tomorrow T_T)
  • inz0r
    inz0r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I can t update the game,update stop 1 on task.data 2 on elements data and its says file dow. Error... pls help i go exit and log in and continue i go con. And its stop agian... HELP =)
  • murdy666
    murdy666 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I contacted GM's support allready, and i also tried some things .)

I tried to choose all 3 options in "Update settings" to "on" - included "Resume unfinished updates and the game updated sucessfully. I don't know if this option fixed it, or if i tried it just in same time when it started to work, but i'm on Version 16 now ^^.

Regards, Murdy <Heaven's Tear>
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hey murdy, since you are updated, can you upload the task.data file for those of us who are struggling with this patch?

I find it funny that there is a post by admins giving a link to the version 16 manual patch, but its not on the website... I mean seriously, why make the post if the file isn't there.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here is the element.data and the task.data for patch 16. I hope this help you guys.
    ~Take care ^_^
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBDT4SWS
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here is the element.data and the task.data for patch 16. I hope this help you guys.
    ~Take care ^_^
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBDT4SWS

Awesome, thank you very much!

Now hopefully I don't hang on some other unforeseen file...b:irritated
This discussion has been closed.