Skill points/ attribute point questions.

miaku
miaku Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I haven't started playing yet (waiting for my CD to arrive ^^) But I had a (few?) questions about skill/ attribute points.

Mainly: Is there a way to reset my points (Skill/attribute) if I mess up?
Post edited by miaku on

Comments

• silvergsx
    silvergsx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes. You'll have to spend real money to buy a reset stone and i believe that reset 10 skill points.
  • miaku
    edited September 2008
    Thank you :)

Does that reset attributes too? (Int, Con, etc?)
  • kzac
    kzac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just another question on this... I'm new too, just hit level 8. Can you not get every skill? Are you limited in how many skills you can get? What is that limitation? Thanks.
  • miaku
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I'm wondering that too ^^;
  • neraka
    neraka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ^^ call me a nub, noob, whatever but can anyone explain what con, dex, int, and all those others really mean..i came from a game that just had "health, strength, agility, intelligence, etc" so i'm like "what does this mean?" and i don't really wanna mess up that bad >.<
  • miaku
    edited September 2008
    In a literal sense it's Int = intelligence (affects magic strength and ability to equip magic items), dex = dexterity (similar to agility in other games I assume), con = constitution (affects hp/health points and regen i think).

Not sure what other info youre looking for really, but I think one of the stickied topics is bound to have more information :)
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kzac wrote: »
    Just another question on this... I'm new too, just hit level 8. Can you not get every skill? Are you limited in how many skills you can get? What is that limitation? Thanks.

If you mean manufacturing skills, yeah, you can learn all four.

If you mean class skills, no, you can't learn skills not associated with that class; however, there's nothing preventing you from learning all of the skills of your chosen class, except time.
  • insan1ty
    insan1ty Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kzac wrote: »

You will eventually be able to obtain all of the skills available for your class. However, skills must be purchased with a combination of in-game coins and SP. There will most likely come a time where you simply won't have enough SP to take all of the available skills, so in this sense, you do require to plan ahead a little. For instance, sometimes its best not to get 1 skills right now so that you'll have enough SP to get a different skill later.

But as I said, when you go to like lvl 90+ you'll have no trouble maxing out your skills.
  • miaku
    edited September 2008
    Thank you for the info guys! :)
  • inako
    inako Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im new to PW.. and i've been reading different guides on how to use my attribute points the right way.. but in my attribute box in the game .. it says: VIT, MAG, STR, DEX... and these are the 4 i can put my points in!.. but when i read peoples forums.. they usually say put points in: CON, AGI, INT, AND STR! so im confused.. because the only thing i really know where to put a point in would be STR...because of course i have a STR point in my box!..... but i dont really know if CON=VIT or DEX=AGI or MAG=INT???.... well if anyone can help that would be great.. thx
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    inako wrote: »
    im new to PW.. and i've been reading different guides on how to use my attribute points the right way.. but in my attribute box in the game .. it says: VIT, MAG, STR, DEX... and these are the 4 i can put my points in!.. but when i read peoples forums.. they usually say put points in: CON, AGI, INT, AND STR! so im confused.. because the only thing i really know where to put a point in would be STR...because of course i have a STR point in my box!..... but i dont really know if CON=VIT or DEX=AGI or MAG=INT???.... well if anyone can help that would be great.. thx

Con = Vit.....Dex = Agi.....Int = Mag

It's a difference both in how people view these stats as well as different versions of the game, international being the most recent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • noil2013
    noil2013 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    this thread's a little old, but since it's talking about attribute points and such, i was wondering: do you get more attribute points as you get higher?
    like, when you start out, they give you 5 attribute points when you level, is there going to be a time when it turns 6, or something like that??
    i messed up my build by a point =_= and i know it may not matter much but i really want to even it out somehow
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    noil2013 wrote: »
    this thread's a little old, but since it's talking about attribute points and such, i was wondering: do you get more attribute points as you get higher?
    like, when you start out, they give you 5 attribute points when you level, is there going to be a time when it turns 6, or something like that??
    i messed up my build by a point =_= and i know it may not matter much but i really want to even it out somehow

Please do not necro old threads....I mean this is from 2008 -.-

Also...Attribute points will always be 5 per level. Just wait until next level to correct it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous