Several questions about archers

Options
gundan
gundan Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Archer
Is the archers a good class to start with?

How good is the damage of the archer? I've been in several games in which the archer is pretty much useless because all the other classes outdamage them, and can tank better than them.

Can the other classes attack while flying as well?

How fast does the 1 str 4 dex build die, compared to an archer that adds 1 str 3 dex 1 vit?

Which one of the builds above is better in pvp and which one in pve?
Post edited by gundan on

Comments

• heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    [I]Is the archers a good class to start with?[/I] - Sure, why not, it's just gets a little expensive and you'll need to find a way to work with that.

[I]How good is the damage of the archer? I've been in several games in which the archer is pretty much useless because all the other classes outdamage them, and can tank better than them.[/I] - From what I can see, game's fairly balanced in PvP, you can kill some classes easier than others. But those easier classes can also kill you if you don't use your skills properly

[I]Can the other classes attack while flying as well?[/I] - Of course, some do better than others though.

[I]How fast does the 1 str 4 dex build die, compared to an archer that adds 1 str 3 dex 1 vit? [/I] - You'll have a better time surviving in early-mid levels grinding, but most archers that are more serious about PvP usually restat (costs real money to do this) to "pure" dex build. ("pure" dex builds have str, go figure). I should mention archers usually kill things before a mob gets to them anyway, so vitality is moot except for earlier levels.

[I]Which one of the builds above is better in pvp and which one in pve? [/I] - Dex build is better stat wise, but depends on your skills more than the build. The more you PvP, and the more you fix your short-comings, the better you'll become.
  • gundan
    gundan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the answers, I'm going for archer then. I've got a couple more questions now though:

Why is it more expensive than the other classes? Don't the wizards need a lot of MP potions, and/or the blademasters and barbarians need a lot of HP pots?

I heard the slingshot is cheaper to use than the bow/crossbow, is the ammo just way cheaper since I heard it also attacks faster?

How does the skill system work here? I don't get it at all, all I know is how to use Take Aim and that other skill that fires two arrows even though it hits once! @_@
  • heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    gundan wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers, I'm going for archer then. I've got a couple more questions now though:

Why is it more expensive than the other classes? Don't the wizards need a lot of MP potions, and/or the blademasters and barbarians need a lot of HP pots?

I heard the slingshot is cheaper to use than the bow/crossbow, is the ammo just way cheaper since I heard it also attacks faster?

How does the skill system work here? I don't get it at all, all I know is how to use Take Aim and that other skill that fires two arrows even though it hits once! @_@

Ugh, deleted my first post.... quick run down now...

1. Archers use a lot of MP without putting points into Mag. (unlike wizards or any magic class that puts a minimum into Mag.) Meaning less regen., and smaller mana pool. Archers chug pots like mad, since resting takes forever and people want to grind faster.

2. Use all available weapons for archer, whatever is stronger is best. Ammo is cheap enough not to be too concerned with. Just use the cheapest ones possible for grinding. Don't craft them, it's a waste unless you have nothing better to do in higher levels and trying to get the 1% crit ones.

3. Each kill and quest you do, you earn SP, you use both SP and money to skill up and learn new skills at your respected trainer located in most towns. Go to your skill tree and you can see what level you can learn what. It's best to plan out what skills to max and what skills is useless and keep at level 1 because you'll end up not having enough SP to max out a skill when they become available if you try to get everything maxed.

Quick Shot fires two arrows but does more damage in the short period of time thus the name quick shot. There should be a post about skills somewhere in the forums, use the search button and search for Archer Skills and posts should pop up about the topic.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    gundan wrote: »

Expensive? X_X Kind of~ not really.... BMs are a cheat.. they have their sutra for their HP so.. HP pots *OUT* but they need MP pots.. >.> All classes have cons on their expenses but the cheapest class in PW are Venomancers