Calling all fellow mature players!

Comments

• huskey
    huskey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have yet to start playing this game (waiting for client download), but this is something I was already wondering about. I play WoW and FFXI as well and am not a fan of l33t h4xorz. Having fun and making jokes, maybe even a lil bit of immaturity from time to time is ok, but not PKing someone whos half dead and spamming chat channels.
  • Jaella - Heavens Tear
    Jaella - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am also in a faction that has quite a few adults playing along with their children and spouses. If you are interested you may contact myself or Lanear ingame or PM me here.
  • bludash
    bludash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well ya can count me in i just posted this in the other age room so figured i would also quote it here:

"Well i am 30 and my wife is 29 we both play, and it is a great game we love playing We both have been gaming since we were around grade school, first date was gameworks and we been together ever since lol. We are expecting our 3rd little one in 3 months and my wife is anxious that it is a girl, fingers crossed."

Also if we did start one and ya need a vent server i already have one up and running, just let me know.

Oh i am on the PVE server also
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, well i'm 18 I wouldn't say i'm 100% mature all the time, gotta let my inner kid out while my teen years still last.

I actually just created a newb guild called "Honour" if anyone would like to join. We have no level requirments and we're not into this whole ego territorial thing. (world chat >___>)
    We're more or less a community guild and we're seeking more players. ( Mature prefferably ;) )

I can't gurantee you our sanity but I can promise you we're not complete morons :>
    If anyone is interested in joining, pm me in game ^__^
    *Reikara on Heaven's tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevas - Lost City
    Shevas - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Greetings all. I am 30 yr old male from Penn. My wife, who is 31, and I run our own guild. SoulFire is the name of our faction. We have roughly about 20 something members right now and hope to grow. Most of our members are between the ages of 18 to 40 years old. If you would like to join us either whisper me (Shevas) or my wife (Laylani) for an invite. hope to see you soon;)
  • lujan
    lujan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I couldn't be bothered reading all of this topic so I'll just go ahead and ask.

Did you start a guild and where do I sign?

I'm a guy from Sweden, 30yrs old with plenty of experience of MMORPGs. So far I've only really interacted with one other player in-game and I'd love some company.

I'm on the PvP server (can't remember the names of the servers yet lol) so if you see me in-game, drop me a line.

IG-name: Lujan
    Quoth the Raven Nevermore!
  • Bloodmess - Lost City
    Bloodmess - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 22. This seems to be a good guild for me.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    21 and female.

I'm in the Nocturne guild on a few characters, it has a 20+ requirement. Last night I started the SOLDIER guild on another character with a friend, it will have the same requirements.

Anyone fun and friendly meeting the age req is welcome to apply. :)

Personally I've never had problems meeting mature people in games, not even here, but I agree that some places are more filled with kids than others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Grumpy Old b****
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
  • Riptorn - Heavens Tear
    Riptorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    33 year old father of 6 here. I gave my kiddos my WoW account, complete with 8 lvl 70's, fully geared, to come here. :P So far, I'm enjoying the change of scenery, but like you, I have met only a select few age 21 or over players.

I'm on Heaven's Tear. Although I truly love PVP in every game I've played, especially WoW, I prefer to learn the game mechanics before pvp'ing.

Hit me up if ya' want to.

-DJ Blind Fury
  • Zenko - Heavens Tear
    Zenko - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hello, I'm a 30 year old player from sweden on the PVE server (as I'm not very into PVP). Have only been playing the game for a few days, trying out the classes. So far I've been running solo, but if anyone want's to team up feel free to drop me a tell. :)

Current characters are: Zenko, Keiiko, Haneko, and Linny.
  • rogz
    rogz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yup im a 30 year old dude who would love a mature guild :)called SilverSurfers...TheKOSs=the Knackered old stoners..hahaha

im on pvp lvl 36 wiz
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am 25 just started playing here from another game. Am in the process of stealing alot of friends and guildmembers from that game too. I think the oldest in our group who has completed the download is 40 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigertease - Heavens Tear
    Tigertease - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You can count me in too. I'm 22.
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well dears, i found a marvelous guild in Forbiden on the pvp server. I am a 42.
  • bryann380
    bryann380 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    37 here and PvE only. I hate PvP and never want to do it. Wish there was a way to block dueling requests...
  • kazzierod
    kazzierod Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    witcher wrote: »
    24yrs here
    Lost City Server

Side Note: Anyknow know what it costs to make a guild in OB?:confused:

30,000 gold i believ

and hi all i am 46
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited September 2008
    amp wrote: »
    Hi boys and girls-- I'm a 32 year old that enjoys this MMO more than Age of Conan.

But i have one slight dilemma: everyone here seems about 10-15 years old.
    This is understandable, since kids would rather download and play a free MMO than hassle their parents for a subscription game.

If there are more 21+ individuals playing, post here and we can put together an adult guild.
    Or better yet: If a guild like this already exists, can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi our guild The Empire has ages 25 to 68 year old. Average age is around 35. Yes u heard right..68.... That is so awesome.While i love children i find that trying to organize a guild and get things done within the guild having kids in your guild to accomplish that is not the way to go. Dont get me wrong...we do have a few but they r exceptional..example of this is.The empire has a 16 year old that is actually in college..he is brillient..There are exceptions to all rules.

I am also a Conan refugee, while the game was very nice to play it had some major issues. I got to lvl 56 and stopped playing the others inmy guild that played Conan say basically the same thing.... too many issues and nothing getting fixed.
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hmm,well if its a mature guild count me in.. ,if its in the pvp server :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just something to make known to the OP.
    Age does not determine maturity. Its the person themself that determines how mature they act. You should have instead made the title "Calling all fellow older players"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have another year before I'm 21... oh well.

To be honest though, I go to college and don't see much of a difference from 19-24 years old or so. Refer to Iry's post above mine.
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    ;) at last some one besides me found something wrong with the thread.
    thats why i didn't state my age and i only said ... "if its a mature guild.. count me in"

well 17male here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I wasnt meaning such a small gap Exorcist :P

There are some people (from the usual stereotyped immature ages of 8->18) that you wont even know how old they are unless they tell you or give you hints. I know this from personal experience ^_^

I just find it annoying to be placed into a group due to my age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    iry wrote: »

There are some people (from the usual stereotyped immature ages of 8->18) that you wont even know how old they are unless they tell you or give you hints. I know this from personal experience ^_^

same here :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    iry wrote: »

I only speak of the people I know. I know that age group, so I made them the example... then put light on your post for the main point of what I was trying to say. I shouldn't have to be incredibly specific.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kazzierod wrote: »
    30,000 gold i believ

and hi all i am 46

It's 100,000 gold.

There are some really nice mature guilds out there, a few of them already mentioned in this thread.

I find Nocturne a comfy place to be, it may not be big but it's fun. :)

Founded SOLDIER last night, also meant for mature players. The aim is 20+ but as has been pointed out before, sometimes younger people are mature far beyond their age, so exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.

I'm always open for a chat with anyone still looking for a place to stay. For those who would like to give Nocturne a go, contact me on Miriel or Eirene.

For those who don't mind being in a guild that's starting from scratch... go for SOLDIER, contact Finduilas or Lazard.

And for those who would prefer a bigger guild... look at previous pages, I've seen a few good ones. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • aragorn420
    aragorn420 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im 24 and would be willing to join as well, also on the pve server
  • dianaria
    dianaria Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Waves to the over 30 players, now how about over 40 :eek:. WOOT!!
    Count this sista in. :)
  • Metazare - Heavens Tear
    Metazare - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would like to join too.. age 29

3 characters if that's ok. I can play various characters to help out the guild.

hillcy - level 30 archer
    kapok - level 35 wizard
    metazare - level 34 cleric, soon to be 40 by tonight =)
  • gravemist
    gravemist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 33 and my Wife who also is playing is 22. Were both new to PW, she doesn't chat much in game just makes me carry her around alot haha. Anyhow, were looking for a guild as well if no level requirements. We level slowly, I work FT and then some and we have 3 kids with another on the way this March.
    Anyhow, I've written some names and guilds down, if you want to contact me the best bet is on Helsuron.