2008/9/23 20:24:15Download file=./elementclient.exe
    2008/9/23 20:24:36Decompress files fails
    2008/9/23 20:24:36Download file=./elementclient.exe
    2008/9/23 20:25:04Decompress files fails
    2008/9/23 20:25:04Download file=./elementclient.exe
    2008/9/23 20:25:19Decompress files fails
    2008/9/23 20:25:31Download file=./elementclient.exe
    2008/9/23 20:29:01Verify files fails

my problem is file is downloaded but can not decompress or verify file.

PS: i spent last one hour try updata. can i point some thing out, its not hard for you to test the updata before release it. AND is really helpful if the manual patch come out the same time, player can use the maual patch if they have issue with updata. use hours of hours time to updata is not fun:mad::mad::mad:
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mine worked fine, i had a few errors, but i closed the client and restarted it, with "resume patching"
    after 2-3 attempts, it was complete.
  • powerprowler
    powerprowler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    my problem is file is downloaded but can not decompress or verify file.

I had the same problem, so decided to investigate the downloaded file(s).

I opened up the problem file each time with a hex editor, and it turns out that the last couple of MB of the file is filled with NULLs, and the amount of null bytes changes at each attempt. There's something evidently wrong with the code that downloads the files, it does not check for a download timeout failure, but just stuffs NULL till the expected file size is reached, apparently.

--
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This week's patch was larger than our previous patches. The reason being that this week's patch includes content for a larger future patch. This may be one of the factors contributing to patching issues.

We realize that some of you are still having problems patching. Please continue to feed us as much information as possible and we will continue to debug the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rosa - Heavens Tear
    Rosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    now my game version is at vers 1 again and I can't even download the manual patches from this site to get it back to where it was, they get stuck downloadsing at 4%....Time for the Head On, cuz my head hurts LoL^^
  • powerprowler
    powerprowler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Half a day gone, still no joy, still repeating downloads of tasks.data, 180 attempts and counting up.Again a request - could someone PLEASE make a ZIP file of tasks.data and provide it for download from anywhere? Thank you.
  • fubar01
    fubar01 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im done with this game. I have spent to much time updating stupid data's.
    Why waste hours waiting for patches etc. There are plenty of other games that take less hassle and less time to play.

Way to go Perfect World. You guys simply cant handle running a big game. Learn to update smoother files with less cluster.

im not the only one who has quit and i won't be the last.
  • Strayer - Heavens Tear
    Strayer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mine worked fine, i had a few errors, but i closed the client and restarted it, with "resume patching"

This is what i did and it worked after i attempted it 2-3 times:D,so anybody having problems consider doing it this way and if it doesn't work then i dont know:confused:
  • Merc - Lost City
    Merc - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fubar01 wrote: »
    Why waste hours waiting for patches etc. There are plenty of other games that take less hassle and less time to play.

Way to go Perfect World. You guys simply cant handle running a big game. Learn to update smoother files with less cluster.

I would like to see you run and maintain a game such as this, he said they are working on the problem chill out and go do some exercise for once.

I too still have this problem with the tasks.data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alonzo
    alonzo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Same problem here tasks.data. I have restarted the download and launcher several times.

I only just started to play this game but played some other games beforehand.This game is not very old yet right? That means long regular updates which can take some time.At least they are trying! In my old game, not sure if I am allowed to say the name so won't, they used to say 2-3 hours for an update and it always took longer. I think the top they reached for an update was 15 hours or so. And during or directly after those patches there was NO ONE on the forums from the staff. I saw one post in here already from the staff and I see they are trying actively to fix it. There was even a weekend in that game where the servers crashed over and over the forum was packed! No GM just CL's who knew just as much as us. CL = Community Leader. They are player volunteers who help out on the forum. Within 30 minutes on that forum over 50 new threads were opened there complaining about it. And no before you say it I didn't leave the game because of that I was nearly capped for one and then some people insisted on making drama for weeks on end... I HATE DRAMA! -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karnage - Heavens Tear
    Karnage - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    First time Ive had patch problems in here. Did the same as many others, closing and restarting the download with no change. After I went and resumed the previous download it got through just fine.

Anyway good to hear the patch servers are being looked at, propably simply just too many connections for the server to handle currently or something

I had the same problem and tried this ^, and it works GL all ;)
  • xiaoxue
    xiaoxue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im also stuck with task.data T__T
  • aryannamage
    edited September 2008
    Got through the tasks.data now with several times of resuming the download. Now seem to be stuck at (chinese words).bon. Still just going to resume it over and over it at least gives me some progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fubar01
    edited September 2008
    since people's have been working, can you guys go to filefront.com Click upload. And drag in elements.data and task.data

this would be much aprrectiated by hundreds of people
  • Clerico - Heavens Tear
    Clerico - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mine also had problems updating. Popped up the phail screen, and I clicked try again...but of no avial, it didn't work. Closed the patcher and the launcher, re-opened the launcher and told it to pick up where it left off. Worked great. Patched the game, with problems and all in a matter of 10 minutes or less. Time I spent organizing iTunes a tad, surfing the forums, and my clan forums. Good stuff. Be patient all...this is a pretty fun game, and remember...WE ARE STILL IN OPEN BETA.

This is NOT even the final release version, so expect problems. Beta means testing, find bugs, report bugs, they fix bugs. So if your not patient enough for that...then find a new game to play. Less of you on my server means my latency will just be that much lower =D
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol
    m gein tsucked a same file like bon.(smhng)
    i leftt the auo update a home ...thot ill better be off to work
  • mysticism
    mysticism Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Stop the patcher then delete the problem file from your game folder. Restart the patch and it will work :)
  • fubar01
    edited September 2008
    doesn't work

everyone who suggest that doesn't think "if i delete this, isnt it just going to re download?"
  • duplicity
    duplicity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I got a friend to send me the tasks.data file ...so now it is stuck at iconlist_guild.dds and its really getting annoying ...i have had this problem with every single update. With the last 2 i couldnt even download the manual patch from the website..I had to get a friend to download and send to me...:mad::mad::(:(
  • fubar01
    edited September 2008
    can you or your friend please upload to filefront.
  • Endless - Lost City
    Endless - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    This week's patch was larger than our previous patches. The reason being that this week's patch includes content for a larger future patch. This may be one of the factors contributing to patching issues.

We realize that some of you are still having problems patching. Please continue to feed us as much information as possible and we will continue to debug the issue.

O.o Larger Future patch ? hmm.. Are we implementing some currently not featured things? Sounds Awesome if that's the case.
  • mysticism
    mysticism Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    doesn't work

everyone who suggest that doesn't think "if i delete this, isn't it just going to re download?"

It does work, my guess is there is a bug in the client that causes the re-download of files to fail once there is a failed version already on the hard drive. Not sure how the patcher handles failed files (blanks data from file and try again?) but that's where my money is :)

Download file=./data/tasks.data
    Verify files fails
    Download file=./data/tasks.data
    Decompress files fails

Download file=./data/elements.data
    Verify files fails
    Download file=./data/elements.data
    Decompress files fails

From my log file. Once you delete these two files (or what ever file is failing) the update will work.

Edit: rar'd up the elements and tasks file after i patched. Added another link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9P53WFS

http://rapidshare.com/files/147704535/data_elements.rar.html
  • zeotronic
    zeotronic Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    @mysticism

Thanks for the link, but it's not working. I think the link is broken. It would help if you can upload the same file again please :)
  • aryannamage
    edited September 2008
    I am at 99% now! <3
    Seem to be stuck at elementclient.exe now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matt12345
    matt12345 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mine updated fine Went the hole way threw mabe it likes windows 2000 ^-^
  • duplicity
    duplicity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    http://hosted.filefront.com/Amberrr/

ive never used filefront b4 so hope thats the link yall need :P
  • zeotronic
    zeotronic Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When I try to download the links, it says it couldn't process my request and will redirect me again. Tried it many times but it's still the same. I think it's because of many people trying to download it.
  • aryannamage
    edited September 2008
    I finished my download now. One tip from me everytime it gets stuck restart the launcher and then download. Worked for me and I am now ingame. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amberrr - Lost City
    Amberrr - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if anyone has a clue where the iconlist_guild.dds might be found so i can get it sent to me...plz tell me, neither I nor my friend can find where its at .
This discussion has been closed.