Bugging Bosses

phate
phate Posts: 82 Arc User
edited September 2008 in The Fanatics Forum
I was told bugging bosses will get you banned.

nightmarebug1ea9.jpg

more

nightmarebug2ke2.jpg
Post edited by phate on

Comments

• Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    phate wrote: »
    I was told bugging bosses will get you banned.

nightmarebug1ea9.jpg

more

nightmarebug2ke2.jpg

Apparently it's a perma-ban. Someone said rock bugged something and he's perma-banned.

Bye Nightmare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think the Gms are just allowing bugging bosses. Many people reported, nothing done at all.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They sit around and watch you do it from what I've heard. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Georgebush - Lost City
    Georgebush - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    GMs watch you do it, that means they allow it.
    They cant ban someone for a mistake they made in coding. If they dont want people to exploit it they should have 1. Fix it or 2. State it is bannable somewhere in the game.

Q_Q

btw thanks for buying my 200k hiero before war last night RQs <3 if you want more i have plenty @ 200k each just for you. Cheers.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ROFLMAO!

I cant believe you actually took the time to screenshot and then come to the forums to tattle tale on this.. Seriously lol.

You know if you need something to do in game that bad I can send you out grinding for dq items for me or mat collecting. It would be alot more productive then finding people to tattle on lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Seikeo - Lost City
    Seikeo - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    are you guys for real!?!? you really think that GM just sit and watch this happen? i cant belive you guys think that the GM's on this game are some of the best i'v ever seen and play a lot of games in my day. They GM's have not got around to fixing it because of the fact that they just opened the bata that is what a bata version is for to fix the problems. come on now
  • phate
    edited September 2008
    Basically one of two things needs to happen and I will drop this forever.

1. GMs determine that Bugging Bosses IS ALLOWED. That being the case no action should be taken on Nightmare and I apologize for making this thread at all.

[Note: this will give rise to bugging bosses in other ways because this will be the precedent in which boss exploits are compared to]

2. GMs determine that this is in fact an exploit of game mechanics giving certain classes a distinct unfair advantage when it comes to progressing through content. In which case this player should be permanently banned.

To address a counter argument lets imagine there was a method found to dupe in game money. Those who abused this bug should be banned. The argument that a player was just creatively using in-game mechanics is faulty because something like this was not the intention of the game developers.

Also the only reason I have posted this here is because I have tried to get answers from in game GMs and have so far been ignored. In addition something like this needs to be addressed to the community at large in order to be on a level playing field. However, let it be understood that the Terms of Service for PWI strictly prohibit the use of this exploit. And ignorance is not an excuse to ignore the rules.

FROM THE TOS: SECTION 11 : USER CONDUCT --- Things you are NOT allowed to do.
    # (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    # (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
  • phate
    edited September 2008
    They cant ban someone for a mistake they made in coding.

Actually they can. Read the Terms of Service. section (l).
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

* (a) Harm minors in any way;
    * (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    * (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    * (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    * (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    * (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    * (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    * (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    * (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    * (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    * (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    * (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    * (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    * (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    The GMs don't care.

If they did, they would've banned quite a few users by now.

@Seikeo-Don't talk unless you know what you're saying. Are those other games you played Silkroad? PW MY?
    I don't even play the game anymore and I know more than you about this subject just by being on vent.

Seeing as the GMs on MY and other versions let us bug the bosses I don't think this version will be any different.

I could be wrong, but there haven't been any official announcements yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    The GMs don't care.

If they did, they would've banned quite a few users by now.

@Seikeo-Don't talk unless you know what you're saying. Are those other games you played Silkroad? PW MY?
    I don't even play the game anymore and I know more than you about this subject just by being on vent.

Seeing as the GMs on MY and other versions let us bug the bosses I don't think this version will be any different.

I could be wrong, but there haven't been any official announcements yet.

Well you dont have to need to wait for announcement, you can just submit a ticket and ask the GM's yourself.

Here's the reply i got about bugging Gouf:

As for the bugging of Gouf, we periodically check this area and give warnings to players not to exploit this boss. If we observe them ignoring our warnings, then we will banned them, as we have done so in the past.

They give warnings... Anyone else besides me thinks warnings are totally meaningless in games like these?

Good thing is that they do ban them, bad thing that its rather inefficient when warned for first time and giving the players allways a way out. After all, its just one monster they are killing, easy to avoid GM's eyes.

The problem is that the first offence gives only a warning, making players to Allways try to bug the bosses first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've reported repeat boss bugging offenders, they just get another warning. bans won't be issued for this, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • phate
    edited September 2008
    Although there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence in regards to this topic I believe a GM response is necessary. In my opinion a warning is useless because it will not prevent anyone from continuing to bug a boss, however if someone is banned players WILL stop attempting this because it is simply not worth getting banned over.

On a side note to those of you who say that people have been banned for this exploit I would appreciate if you list their name and the guild they were in. Also if you were a player who got banned please find a means to post the email sent to you by the GMs explaining the terms and conditions of your ban. I am of mind to believe that no one of yet has been banned for this, however something must be done as this is a blatant violation of the TOS. The developers did not intentionally mean for a single player to be able to kill a boss without being attacked.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just learned about the gouf bug today when I saw a person in the party I was in use it. No one in the party took damage and the boss just stood there and let everyone kill it. Things like that defeat the purpose of the quest and the game. Bans SHOULD be given out to people to use such bugs to prevent others from also doing them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, best way to stop people abusing bugs would be to permaban from first offence,specially on bosses like gouf where its plain easy to see its done on purpose and never by accident.

We dont need a GM's opinion on this thread, we need actions from them to show us,the players, that they really do handle these kind of exploits with the utmost care and that they enforce penalties that actually mean something when people are caught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    One warning is too much when they only need to kill the damn thing once. Give one global warning on the homepage, and ban any ingame offenders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    One warning is too much when they only need to kill the damn thing once. Give one global warning on the homepage, and ban any ingame offenders.

Totally agree. What good is a warning when they won't be back to kill it again anyway? Defeats the purpose I'd say.

Post the most used bugs (without saying how to use them or any details on what they are) on the forums as an announcement and simply say "do it and you are banned" Put an in-game announcement about it as well.

Its against the ToS to use these bugs. Don't hold back to those who would abuse them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think its sad that guilds do this, and allow this..

Bugging something is just that BUGGING, EXPLOITING, CHEATING.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wow, RQ (mostly) tries to get all ppl banned... i'm not saying that it's legal to abuse a bug but
    Is this the only way that u can win the war?
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They not going to ban anyone when they allow it in PW-CHINA. Too bad.
  • freaqo
    freaqo Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    LoL, why do you start about RQ again? thought this was a neutral post.

Stop the obsession kids, it's bad for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Whiteout
    Clan: RageQuit, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    Level: Lower than you
    Related to: Blackout (husband)
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They not going to ban anyone when they allow it in PW-CHINA. Too bad.

Then I am expecting a GM/Admin to answer this: Why is TheRock perma banned? Why aren't others who bug Gouf perma banned but only warned? I get the feeling someone is biased.
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Cause the gms are useless.

They don't do **** half the time and when they do it's random and spontanious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Georgebush - Lost City
    Georgebush - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Maybe GMs dont like what TheRock is cookin'? :D
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Closing this thread for a few obvious reasons, but primarily because this is not how to properly report someone for exploiting something in game. Here is what you need to do to report someone exploiting ANY bug or glitch in game.

- take screenshots and ONLY send them through the ticketing system at: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing - report it as a user violation.
    - don't bother with creating threads and posting screenshots here as it just leads to flame wars.

From that point GMs will look into each report on a case by case basis. GM's will then take appropriate action, and repeat offenders will probably find their accounts in danger of anything from a temporary to a permanant ban.

If someone gets caught glitching out a boss, I highly recommend that no further attempts are made.
This discussion has been closed.