a question

Options
Ram - Lost City
Ram - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have a question, is there a way to dual -box the pw game?

If it's allowed of course, if not ... i did not say anything :p
Post edited by Ram - Lost City on

Comments

• Infectious - Heavens Tear
    Infectious - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    is there a way to dual -box ?

what do you mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have a question, is there a way to dual -box the pw game?

If it's allowed of course, if not ... i did not say anything :p

very unclear question an way to dual box?!?!:( be more detail about what you askin, box can be numerous things even window lol:rolleyes:

EDIT: I can't read your mind you know xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    He's asking if you can run two instances of the game on one computer at the same time.

Which I'm almost positive is not allowed in this game.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think the term is dual client.

But no you can't. If you need to do transfers, get another PC or trade with a friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slingblade
    slingblade Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow unless you have a top of the line pc i dont see how that is even possible.:eek:
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i heard there is a some software that allows you to run multiple instances for the PW MY but not for PWI (yet)
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    slingblade wrote: »
    Wow unless you have a top of the line pc i dont see how that is even possible.:eek:

lolz you be suprized about PC's out in world are :D I probobly could run two of clients BUT as its sayed above its not allowed and probobly it won't let you not unless you use on two PC's separated one client for each I think you can run on same IP address but haven't comfimed it yet:confused:
    i heard there is a some software that allows you to run multiple instances for the PW MY but not for PWI (yet)

hope that software ain't illigal or packet with hichike vorms made for hacking our acounts :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Dual box / Dual client is not allowed.
    However, playing from 2 different computer is allowed. I myself do that sometimes. =P
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've seen a few people using trader accounts in the game. They even use names that are similar so their friends know who they are. If this is the bandwidth that PWI is complaining about as far as their pricing of the cash shop then they should ban the shop and the players main account and then there would be one less reason for the cash shop prices being so high.
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I do believe under the game agreements dual client is allowed as long as you don't modify any game files, this does allow for dual clienting legally although the game is coded to stop you from running another instance, but there is a way to get around that without altering game files but i'm not telling because i feel theres too many afk shops as it is
  • Infectious - Heavens Tear
    Infectious - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    soon or later there will be dualclient ****'s on the internet:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ram - Lost City
    Ram - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ah ... as long as it's allowed

tnk's for the hint
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    http://support.perfectworld.com/faq/general

Is multi-clienting allowed?
    Multi-clienting on a single machine is not allowed. This stance is non-negotiable. Sorry.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    roxy wrote: »
    Dual box / Dual client is not allowed.
    However, playing from 2 different computer is allowed. I myself do that sometimes. =P

I've seen a few people using trader accounts in the game. They even use names that are similar so their friends know who they are. If this is the bandwidth that PWI is complaining about as far as their pricing of the cash shop then they should ban the shop and the players main account and then there would be one less reason for the cash shop prices being so high.

adra12 wrote: »
    I do believe under the game agreements dual client is allowed as long as you don't modify any game files, this does allow for dual clienting legally although the game is coded to stop you from running another instance, but there is a way to get around that without altering game files but i'm not telling because i feel theres too many afk shops as it is

ah ... as long as it's allowed

tnk's for the hint

http://support.perfectworld.com/faq/general

Is multi-clienting allowed?
    Multi-clienting on a single machine is not allowed. This stance is non-negotiable. Sorry.

Bottom line is its not allowed to run two same clients on same machine for several reason bandwith, AFK shops, bot (this comes first on my mind botters would abuse dual clienting so much it would give headache to everyone)

P.S. I would like suggest some form of transfer from one character to other in same acount if thats possible then cuz of it there would be no need to dual clienting if only item transfer is needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pacifica
    pacifica Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    [HTML]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7651&highlight=multi[/HTML]
    I think PWI needs to put up some rules that are clearer on this. Read Xarfox's response in the thread?
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

P.S. I would like suggest some form of transfer from one character to other in same acount if thats possible then cuz of it there would be no need to dual clienting if only item transfer is needed

Its called the bank.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    markillian wrote: »
    Its called the mailbox.

Fixed b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    pacifica wrote: »
    [HTML]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7651&highlight=multi[/HTML]
    I think PWI needs to put up some rules that are clearer on this. Read Xarfox's response in the thread?

It's been said in this thread but I just want to confirm.

Running more than one instance of PWI on a single machine is not permitted. Running PWI on two separate PCs, or "dual boxing" is not a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Uhm xarfox can I make a suggestion?

How is this : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx any diferent than having two seperate machines?

How about the rule reads: "You are not allowed to edit the client to open multiple instances of it, playing with 2 machines on the same router or running 2 operating systems on one pc is fine"

The empasis here being the modifying of the client, I beleive this issue has been flogged more than any dead horse needs to be but thats the main problem.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How about just this simple rule, Smexxy: If you are caught modifying the client files in any way, shape or form you and your IP block are perma banned and you are forced to play on the PW_MY Engrish version with all the bot gold farmer and corrupt "We like big guildz because they makes us lots of moneys" GMs over there.

I agree, it's the client edits that become the proverbial Pandora's box. As far as I care, anyone dumb enough to ask "how do I edit my files to...." should be slapped with a ban right from the get go. Honest players don't ask those questions, and if they think we are naive' enough to believe they "didn't know editting files was against the rules" then they need to be banned because there are enough idiots running around as it is. We have filled our quota. Buh bye!

Your rule re-wording is true, but you know there are going to be some window-lickers out there that will continue to poke and prode the subject in hopes of finding some loophole, so they can cry when they are caught "but I thought it meant something else".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How about just this simple rule, Smexxy: If you are caught modifying the client files in any way, shape or form you and your IP block are perma banned and you are forced to play on the PW_MY Engrish version with all the bot gold farmer and corrupt "We like big guildz because they makes us lots of moneys" GMs over there.

Sounds about 100% right XD

Just wish they would give us a little more zoom in this ver of the client :(
  • morbidly
    morbidly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Perhaps an NPC that would act as an account "vault" would do the trick. A special banker (separate from the "Banker" ) whose contents would be shared among all characters on a given account. Perhaps making it smaller than a normal player bank so as not to increase your storage capacity too much.