Change/Suggestion that would bring a lot more players

alexisstarfire
alexisstarfire Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
I would think the following options would make a lot more people stick around in PW. And spend real money because they like the controls.

I bought 12 people in from another game clan last night and these are the main reason they left and don't intend to come back again. (after asking opinions)

1.) Do something about Loot Thieves (It seems people can just stand around the people killing stuff and grab the loot before the one that actually earned it loots it)

2.) Define a 'run lock key' so you don't have to keep the 'W' key pressed. (or have to constantly click in front of you)

3.) Option Off/On for the 'click and got to this spot') this annoys a lot of people. Give the option if you want it or not

4.) On the subject of keys, please make an option to fully remap the keys (almost every popular game has this ability, and the number one reason my firends are giving it a miss) Don't shove a certain setup down peoples throats, give the option for them to set it up how they want it

5.) Optional ability to set your own text colors for chat text and tracker text. Along with the chat area box to remain a solid color when cursor is not in it.

6.) Optional on/off World Chat, Options for Whispers (On/Off, On/Off Block all but friends/clan)

7.) Option On/Off for the display of stupid spamming smileys (some people like to totally **** chat with row after row of smileys)

More Later :)
Why am I a '?", don't I exist? :p
Post edited by alexisstarfire on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1: Items dropped are locked for about half a minute, and can only be picked up by the person/party who killed the monster it dropped from.

Everything else seems like good suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    As far as I know for #5 you can go into the settings and change your text color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • alexisstarfire
    edited September 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    1: Items dropped are locked for about half a minute, and can only be picked up by the person/party who killed the monster it dropped from.

Everything else seems like good suggestions.

Thanks for responding.

The problem with loot thieves was one of my friends was killing 3 or 4 at a time in a group and some 'person' came it and nicked the loots when it went 'public' before he was done.

Maybe just play style, he doesn't usually 'kill one/loot". Doesn't matter he left the game because of no key mapping. Didn't want to be bothered 'getting used to' something he can do in every other game we play. (as well he shouldn't )

I'm putting up with it because I like the game. But would rather not have to put up with it.

The 'click to go here' annoys me once in awhile when you don't click exactly on an NPC
  • Harshy - Heavens Tear
    Harshy - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    #8 Please introduce a Guild Bank :D
  • instinct
    instinct Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think the key remap issue is a really big one. I also almost stopped playing due to this. I got a friend to try it after playing WoW, and he almost quit if it wasn't for my insisting that he should give it a shot.

I think the carved-in-stone controls are a big downer for a lot of potential players. And please, fix the camera angle issue.:(

We need to be able to look back without having to change directions.
  • alexisstarfire
    edited September 2008
    Hopefully the powers that be will take that into consideration.

We (those supporting this) are NOT asking they change the keys fro everyone, we are asking for the CHOICE to use our own configuration (The same said with the other options, and they are just that OPTIONS)

Cheers
  • smirk
    smirk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would think the following options would make a lot more people stick around in PW. And spend real money because they like the controls.

I bought 12 people in from another game clan last night and these are the main reason they left and don't intend to come back again. (after asking opinions)

1.) Do something about Loot Thieves (It seems people can just stand around the people killing stuff and grab the loot before the one that actually earned it loots it)

2.) Define a 'run lock key' so you don't have to keep the 'W' key pressed. (or have to constantly click in front of you)

3.) Option Off/On for the 'click and got to this spot') this annoys a lot of people. Give the option if you want it or not

4.) On the subject of keys, please make an option to fully remap the keys (almost every popular game has this ability, and the number one reason my firends are giving it a miss) Don't shove a certain setup down peoples throats, give the option for them to set it up how they want it

5.) Optional ability to set your own text colors for chat text and tracker text. Along with the chat area box to remain a solid color when cursor is not in it.

6.) Optional on/off World Chat, Options for Whispers (On/Off, On/Off Block all but friends/clan)

7.) Option On/Off for the display of stupid spamming smileys (some people like to totally **** chat with row after row of smileys)

More Later :)

1. As you now know there is a timed limit on loot (set up a looter in party) other games I played we called them Loot Monkeys :D

2. This would be nice and has been mentioned before, me I just click in distance to auto run/fly.

3. I agree sometimes I go to click on a person and they go to move I miss them so there I go moving around, this is dangerous in fb's.

4. This I agree not everyone likes the setup, I personally don't mind, to it is a matter of getting use to it.

5. As stated above this is already implemented.

6. As of now you can right click on name in your chat and blacklist them if annoyed. To turn off certian chat is in your options on chat box.

7. This would be nice, some get carried away. Or limit the use.

Just my 2 cents
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its really that , a matter of what your prefer.

Me? I would like a choice and the freedom to chose. If PWI are expecting me to put some money into this, it will not be until I feel comfortable with the UI and not have someones opinion caved in stone as to the way I'm going to move in a game. I fully support all the changes the OP suggested.

It can only improve the game and bring in more players that stay just because the don't have to learn totally new key combinations compared to other games they may play.
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
    edited September 2008
    smirk wrote: »

5. As stated above this is already implemented.

I haven't been able to find any place you can set your own text colors for chat and tracker text...
    Also the chat box background fades as soon as you remove the mouse from it...

Please elaborate where the colour changers are.
    1.) logout, login
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jdz8
    jdz8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

This is by far the most important suggestion that needs to be implemented.
    I think I'll give this a miss too if this becomes one of those issues that is a "deal with it or leave it" issue. (Planning to stay until the next system update or Christmas, whichever comes first).

The key setup is highly inefficient such as how there are only 1-6 for number commands (which is really too small to hold the basic spells for lvling and the important evade/heal spells to escape should something go wrong).
    I know there is the f1-8 option, which is just enough to fit all the spells I need, but any typist knows these keys are really annoying to reach for.
    edited September 2008
    Lets hope they are listening, I have 12 friends that have said they will give it a try if they can remap the keys to what they are used to.

Here hoping...

---
    1.) logout, login
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notchalmes
    notchalmes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    #2. Another option here is to allow the use of a double keypress on the forward button to enable auto-run forward mode. Wanna run for mile? Hit W twice in quick succession. This works well in another game I *was* playing before PWI.
  • iged
    iged Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Just logged in for the first time and spent more than 20 min looking for the toggle click to move off, guess this explains why the option is not there.