Do Blademasters make good tanks?

Alecia - Lost City
Alecia - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Blademaster
I decided I wanted to try tanking in this game. Either that or being a cleric. The thing is I'm not to interested in being one of the untamed. Do blademasters make good tanks?
Post edited by Alecia - Lost City on

Comments

• Spacepanda - Lost City
    Spacepanda - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    they can tank to a certain extent, but they can never be as good of a tank as WB.
  • biggs
    biggs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Most of what makes barbs so good at tanking are all the special skills they get. Blademasters don't really get any tanking skills.
  • Thaleia - Heavens Tear
    Thaleia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm giving it a try, but it's not the same as being a Barb. You do get a skill to help hold aggro (Stream Strike, you will want to max it), but it's nowhere near as good as the Barb's tiger form skills. if you want to be the primary tank for the party, you will need to be something like 5+ levels higher than the main damage dealers.

However, Blademasters make an excellent off-tank for dungeons where you end up pulling a lot of aggro. I can keep a mob or two occupied while the barb+cleric+DPS do their stuff. Keeps the squishy people from dying.
  • Firefrost - Heavens Tear
    Firefrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    actually warriors can be good tanks with their physcial marrow skill something and aura of golden bell at lvl 10 + if you go Axes you spam out Aoe skills like crazy so basically you'll pwn, also you can get the eternal stun with roar of pride, aeolian blade and drake bash specialized in hell. Primary tank are for sure to Barb but a good tanks do not only means getting alll the dmg and surviving, it also means dealing back and kill them all. :P
    I had to choose between the War or the Shame, I chose the shame and I got the war
    FireFrost