Blademasters & Barbarians: Difference?

Sthreexy - Heavens Tear
Sthreexy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Blademaster
I was wondering if there are any significant differences between a Blademaster and a Barbarian.
I've played both up to the mid 20's and it seems the damage is the same.. to me the only difference is which weapons they use, a different set of skills, and the Barbarian's Tiger form for tanking.
Is there a noticeable difference in anything between the two at higher levels? If so, what? :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]♥
Post edited by Sthreexy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Spacepanda - Lost City
    Spacepanda - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was wondering if there are any significant differences between a Blademaster and a Barbarian.
    I've played both up to the mid 20's and it seems the damage is the same.. to me the only difference is which weapons they use, a different set of skills, and the Barbarian's Tiger form for tanking.
    Is there a noticeable difference in anything between the two at higher levels? If so, what? :confused:

I'm a noob so don't take my words seriously but I think WB has way more hp than WR(2x+) and more defence. Later on WR have stronger attack power than WB and have 1 AoE stun(very good skill 100% stun area of targets).
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They have the basic structural difference =)

Blademaster is more attacking while Barbarian is tanking.

So if you study their skills you will find that blademaster skills are more attacking.

Barbarian is a bit harder to lvl afterwards.
  • vel
    vel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I played both a Blademaster and a Barbarian to level 25 (Then I quit the Barbarian) and here are some of the differences I noticed:

Solo
    Blademasters were a whole lot more fun to solo with. BMs can take mobs down a lot faster and at level 25 my BM had more PD (self buffed) than my Barb but maybe 600 less HP. They both had to meditate or pop a pot about as often since the Barb took longer to kill which meant he also took more damage. I really liked Tiger Form (Barb skill) for the increased movement speed when questing. My BM went through a lot more Mana pots while soloing though.

Desirability
    Playing a BM feels a little like playing a WoW rogue. They look super cool and all the kids want to be a ninja with two swords. There seems to be a lot more BMs than Barbs. You will often see "LFM Tank (Barb)" and almost never see "LFM BM". Barbs are the MTs in this game. BMs are melee damage dealers. I get a whole lot more Faction invites on my Barb as well.

Look
    I actually prefer the look and animation of Barbs. BMs look "pretty" while Barbs look vicious.

Fighting Style
    BMs have a lot more flexibility in how they "grow up". You can do reasonably well as an AOEing dual axe wielder, or super single target DPSer with blades or even a spear chucker! From what I've read and experienced with Barbs they seem a bit more limited. BMs skills are a lot more offensive while Barbs have a lot more defensive skills.

Wealth
    Repairing armor is supposed to get pretty expensive for a Barb. I don't know if that's significant enough. On the plus side Barbs can stay in Tiger Form with the increased movement speed and farm mats faster.

Party Role
    For a Barb it's pretty cut and dry. You will be asked to tank. A BM doesn't do as much damage as an Archer, Veno or a Wizard but can kind of "off-tank".

Hope this helps. I think you should play both! Level 1-19 is unique for every class.
  • Sthreexy - Heavens Tear
    Sthreexy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank you all for your response, it really helps out :)

Comparing a Rogue with the BM helps a lot as well, I've played that game for so long I know quite a bit about all their classes >.<
    Thank god there aren't any stealthers in PW :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]♥