Any easier way to walk/fly (without holding down 'w')?

lazyness
lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi all,

just a simple nooby question- in most MMOs I've played, there's a way to get from 1 place to another while you're afk/chatting/checking webpages etc- even if it is just having your char walk/fly in a straight line while you're afk. Is there a way to do this on PW?

For example, opening up the map, clicking where you want to go on the map, and then you're free to do other things while your char takes a few min to walk/fly there

However, on PW i haven't found such a feature and so whenever I want to fly/walk somewhere quite a distance away, i need to either click on the horizon and check back every 15 sec or so to click on the new horizon, or keep holding down 'w' key while flying.

Personally I find this quite annoying as I like to chat/browse while my char is moving from one place to another (multitasking ftw), is there a way for me to do this on PW?

Thanks!
Post edited by lazyness on

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Not that I know of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear
    Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lazyness wrote: »

For example, opening up the map, clicking where you want to go on the map, and then you're free to do other things while your char takes a few min to walk/fly there

However, on PW i haven't found such a feature and so whenever I want to fly/walk somewhere quite a distance away, i need to either click on the horizon and check back every 15 sec or so to click on the new horizon, or keep holding down 'w' key while flying.

Personally I find this quite annoying as I like to chat/browse while my char is moving from one place to another (multitasking ftw), is there a way for me to do this on PW?

Thanks!

I agree 100%. PWI has some very annoying interface issues.

As far as I know the only way is to hold the w key or use a line of site click with the mouse.
    If you can see to click on it, you can run to that spot. Best way I've found to start running cross country.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've flown from one end of the map to the other with one click. Turn the graphics down to min so you can't actually see anything in the distance and get high enough when you are flying, then just click in the distance. I go afk and do other things as my character flies to where I want to go.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Toni - Heavens Tear
    Toni - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well i do pretty much the same as Zoe does...

i run all in high effect tho...

just fly high enuff so that nothing comes in way (trees/mountains/hills)

and then just click on the empty direction your heading 2 and come back a few mins later (depends on how far)...

Carefull with time :P sometimes im a lil bit 2 long afk and suddenly im from the eastest point of map boom as west as u can get :P
    || tonI <> Wizard <> Genesis ||
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thanks for the tip, i guess that will have to do
  • heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    use a coin or something to hold down the "w" button. good luck.