Ultimate Noob Guide (Lots of Q&A)

Comments

• peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ummm...do you know where screen shots go when you take them? I have searched my whole computer and haven't found any.

Default installlation path c:/program files/perfect world entertainment/perfect world international/element/screenshots
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • lovig
    lovig Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ohh... a friend of mine just convinced me of playing PW and while waiting the 5 hours of the installing i started to read forums... and i found the "ultimate noob guide" this really saved my ****!! thanks dude:D
  • nightwolves
    nightwolves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    cooki3 wrote: »
    i sorta need help on this game i cant figure out how to start the game. i cant figure out how to play

same here how do i start
  • chillsper
    chillsper Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so how exactly do i play this game starting from downloading?:confused:
  • nightwolves
    nightwolves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    chillsper wrote: »
    so how exactly do i play this game starting from downloading?:confused:

You need to find the downloaded file on your computer. then get the icon on your desktop. and then click on the icon and there you go
  • keisyl
    keisyl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have a small question...if I am a Winged Elf, and my friend is a Venomancer, I'm assuming there's a place after the beginning quests where we can meet up. Anyone know when/where the "gathering points" for all races are? Or if there is one?
  • Daoshi - Heavens Tear
    Daoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That'd be Archosaur city. You would be going there around level 20.
  • sillgraan
    sillgraan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, kinda stupid question here, but what's the main difference between the PvP and PvE servers? is it just that in the PvE server I can't be attacked while I turn my pvp mode off, or is there a deeper rules than that? (sorry, I come from Rappelz, and the PvP server there has many rules and such to make it really annoying :p)

Also, do I drop items and loose exp if I'm killed by a monster? how about by another player?

• Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You got it right: you can turn PvP mode on/off on PvE servers (if you turn it on, you can't turn in off in less than 10h).

From lvl10 and on, dying from mobs gets you an experience loss (around 5% at beginning; more like 1-2% endgame). Being resurrected by a cleric can reduce that amount (maximum 90% reduction I think... 100% for those 89+ that got a special book).

If you get killed by another player, you don't lose exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • sillgraan
    edited September 2008
    Oh, sweet, thanks, well, PvP server for me then :D

Oh, and do I drop items or not when I die? :p
  • rockmoep
    rockmoep Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well im new to this game and its really confusing so can some1 tell how to lvl my Skill Rank(lvl 9 skills/cand learn at lvl 9??? Oo ? and how to get Fodders for pet bag quest? :(
  • bootneck
    bootneck Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    rockmoep wrote: »
    Well im new to this game and its really confusing so can some1 tell how to lvl my Skill Rank(lvl 9 skills/cand learn at lvl 9 and how to get Fodders for pet bag quest? :(

You need to do a quest to up a requirement need ed before you can learn lvl9 skills go see the tao master in your start town and complete that it's fairly easy :)

Now if i was to answer that fodder question no one would ever get any lol as it takes for ever to collect (3-4 hours) ;)

From the city of the lost head out the south gate and down into Dragon breath valley turn left at the bottom into the desert of echos and head to the river hunt the highlands tortoise :eek:

omg i've told you
  • bootneck
    edited September 2008
    Can someone help me please ?
    I've look through forums here and on 1perfectworld and I can't find anything in regard to what i need to know :(

At lvl 10 everyone gets the ability to use golbal chat but you need to buy something(I've forgotten what it's called) from the boutique but it requests silver or gold ??? i don't have any and i don't have a clue about how to get it can someone please tell me how

Thanks in advance :D
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bootneck wrote: »
    Can someone help me please ?
    I've look through forums here and on 1perfectworld and I can't find anything in regard to what i need to know :(

At lvl 10 everyone gets the ability to use golbal chat but you need to buy something(I've forgotten what it's called) from the boutique but it requests silver or gold ??? i don't have any and i don't have a clue about how to get it can someone please tell me how

Thanks in advance :D

Telacoustic from the cash shop. Silver / gold is gotten using real money.

http://billing.perfectworld.com is where you can purchase it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peregryn
    edited September 2008
    sillgraan wrote: »
    Oh, sweet, thanks, well, PvP server for me then :D

Oh, and do I drop items or not when I die? :p

as I understand the rules, you do not drop items (unless Infamous) and you will never lose XP if a player kills you. http://www.perfectworld.com/guide/feature/pvp
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • pirofire
    pirofire Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I need some help with figuring out how to get new skills, Im at lvl 4 right now and I have NO IDEA AT ALL how to get new skills from the venomancer trainer.

I couldnt find any tutorials on youtube, so Im hoping someone here can give me a detailed explanaion, plz?
  • peregryn
    edited September 2008
    pirofire wrote: »
    I need some help with figuring out how to get new skills, Im at lvl 4 right now and I have NO IDEA AT ALL how to get new skills from the venomancer trainer.

I couldnt find any tutorials on youtube, so Im hoping someone here can give me a detailed explanaion, plz?
    From your post I am assuming you have 'found' the venomancer trainer, have you done the pet manager's quest to get your first pet? If so you should have 2 books "pet heal" and "Pet revive" these are learned not from Venomancer trainer but from pet manager (choose "Tame pet" dialog option).
    Venomancer training works just like other classes except some of your skills will be learned from Pet Manager rather than trainer. Your problem might simply be that you are not yet eligible for further skills yet at level 4, if that is the case you will get the window for learning skills but nothing will be there
    http://www.perfectworld.com/guide/skill

link uses the names from PW-MY but as I suspected aside from pet skills you have nothing to learn from trainer till after cultivation quest at level 9 http://www.1perfectworld.com/guides/races/werefox.php
  • pirofire
    edited September 2008
    oh, that would make sence why nothing was there...

I tryed the tip for the pet tricks and it worked, thx a ton!
    Ill be sure to try the venomancer trainer again at like lvl 6 or 7 maybe
  • sillgraan
    edited September 2008
    Few more noobish questions here:
    Can someone explain to me the weapon grades in detail (you know, legebdary items, holy hall items...) which is better? how to get them (forging?) how to get sockets on weapon/armor, what items can have sockets?

Also, is forging really important in this game to get good items? cause I'd rather spend my time on PvPing rather than gathering material to make weapons and such, and just buy the weapons from other players.

Does my chars have a shared warehouse? if not, how can I trade money and items between them? cause I want to play an archer, but want to make a venomancer to make money selling pets :p

Also, can someone please explain to me about heirograms?
  • bootneck
    edited September 2008
    Telacoustic from the cash shop. Silver / gold is gotten using real money.

http://billing.perfectworld.com is where you can purchase it.

Thanks for letting me know

I guess i won't be joining the global chat then :(

I joined this game believeing it was f2p but having to use real money to obtain some things sucks :(
  • h1m
    h1m Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Really nice guide...
    my downloading is still half way done [i have been downloading since yesterday]
    and i can imagine myself fighting and going to the tailor shop :D
    Got better ones! But you may consider them as advertisement ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillgraan
    edited September 2008
    Can someone tell me please if I can make the A and D be used for turning left and right (with the camera as well I mean) instead of just starfing left and right?
  • reaq
    reaq Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how do i add stat points?:D
  • Nekokitsune - Heavens Tear
    Nekokitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    reaq wrote: »
    how do i add stat points?:D

when you lvl up, go to your character page by pressing C, there should be a stat thing in the middle of it, add your points where u want and then press done to save it.
  • pirofire
    edited September 2008
    sillgraan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me please if I can make the A and D be used for turning left and right (with the camera as well I mean) instead of just starfing left and right?

yeah, that would save some time. they might do something to fix that eventually.

and now for something completly unrelated...

how do you carry people? it just looked so interesting... I want to know, quest ? action ? item ?
    someone help me out here.
  • Foxtailed - Heavens Tear
    Foxtailed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thnx for the guide iry, it really help me to figure out some things in the PWI ;)
  • pirofire
    edited September 2008
    something I have to know.
    can your pet lvl past your current lvl ?

like say if my venomancer was lvl 7 and my pet was lvl 7, could my pet lvl to 8 before me?
    or would it stop it from doing that?

edit: also, I got to lvl 9 and it wont give me my lvl 9 skills, says I have not reached the required spiritual cultivation lvl
    any advice?
  • peregryn
    edited September 2008
    http://www.1perfectworld.com/quests_in/index.php/Quests/BeastCultivationQuest

and to the best of my knowledge pets cannot level past the level of the player in this game
  • javaor
    javaor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Please tell me how long i have to wait before i can go on?:confused:
  • itzsamm
    itzsamm Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol i have one question! When upgrading your attributes most people say you can upgrade your Agi and Con. I have no idea what those are and if you do know can you please tell me?