What is this like?

Options
cyr
cyr Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I am trying to decide whether to bother with this game so I'm hoping someone can tell me what it is like. Is it basically just a WoW or EQ rip-off or is it somehow special and unique?
Post edited by cyr on

Comments

• cyr
    cyr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, so it was almost done downloading (83%) and now it won't go any further and keeps saying Disconnected from server. Is the system down or something?
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are you trying the direct download?
    If so, try the torrent instead.
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cyr wrote: »
    I am trying to decide whether to bother with this game so I'm hoping someone can tell me what it is like. Is it basically just a WoW or EQ rip-off or is it somehow special and unique?

It is not a WoW rip-off as the chinese version was released on 2004.
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cyr wrote: »

Its more like Archlord, tho you got a PvE server.
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Oh wow, Archlord was horrible. That aside, Perfect World has several aspects found in other MMOS, but a few things do set it apart such as being able to freely fly, carry other players, being more quest based and of course the visual style. The graphics are beautiful as is the music, though that is limited. Character customization is great, the facial customization options are only second to Second Life from my experience so far.

I've played Everquest, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft, Sword of the New World, Archlord, Guild Wars and Silkroad Online, so I have a bit of MMO experience :P. Perfect World has the casual gameplay of WoW with a better pet system, less grind and more depth than Lineage 2 and no necessary boring camping to get anything worth while like EQ. Plus the jumping is endless fun, at least for me!

I find it makes for a fun place to spend some time with no worry that I'm not getting my money's worth if I don't play for a while. After all, there is no monthly fee, though the item shop does offer several nice things.

I could do comparisons and write out the pros and cons all day, but the best way to see is just to download it and try for yourself. Play a few classes and level up a bit, nobody can tell you if you like it or not except for yourself.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    very crappy interface
    very crappy controls
    very crappy system specs requirement
    gameplay is so so at best if you are a casual gamer.
    very crappy AI
    very unreasonable cash shop prices

very good graphics (if ur system can handle it)
    very good looking characters
    very good looking skills
    very extensive 'things to do' list.

bottom line: the redundant and bad gameplay will probably bore you at some point, giving this game 0 replayability. but because there are so many things to do and so many beautiful places to visit, you will not want to drop this game until you have experienced all the graphical splendors it has to offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Molaba - Heavens Tear
    Molaba - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think overall, that this game is pretty good if you are a casual gamer, but, it has good PvE, and minimum good PvP, it depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you played Wow, you would probadly also like this one as it has some similarities, not saying that PW is a Wow ripoff, cus its not. The graphichs are good, better then Wows, and i agree that the gameplay could be a lot better, but the game gets updated weekly, so maybe its just a manner of time. I played this game for about a week now, and im pretty happy with it, considering its a free mmorpg. You dont need to buy all those real money stuff, from their store to fully enjoy this game. Well try it out and let me hear what you think :D Good Luck!
    The not so perfect world :o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystangel - Heavens Tear
    Mystangel - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think this one is a LOT better than most the other games I have played. Though, it does seem to resemble Metin2.us a bit. Though, better in it's own way.