How do you make money?

Options
Forthewin - Heavens Tear
Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
Yet another noob question from me. :D

How do you make money fast, other than killing monsters and doing quests? Which profession is the best money maker? (apothecary, tailor, blacksmith, etc.) Are there any tricks or easy ways to make fast money?
Post edited by Forthewin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Give me 5m gold i tell you.:cool:
  • Forthewin - Heavens Tear
    Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    matthew wrote: »
    Give me 5m gold i tell you.:cool:

Don't have the money, but i'll give you the money I make. ;)
  • Henrietta - Heavens Tear
    Henrietta - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    play the market. buy low, sell high.
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yet another noob question from me. :D

How do you make money fast, other than killing monsters and doing quests? Which profession is the best money maker? (apothecary, tailor, blacksmith, etc.) Are there any tricks or easy ways to make fast money?

Try look at the player shops in city's, on many of them you can see that they are really just scam shops... they buy herbs ect. from 60 to 100 then re-sell them for 600+ ... lol

Worse part is, people do sell to them :eek:

Anyway, do some crafting then decomp those you make that isnt 2star + and sell the stones in your shop.

;)
  • Joedude - Heavens Tear
    Joedude - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i ceep trying and trying but nothing i only got 68k all my other friends online have 200k-300k i feel like failer!b:cry
  • Joedude - Heavens Tear
    Joedude - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    althrough i do lvl up super fast but i dont know how i can without oney i am supriseing myself realy but no money!
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As Henrietta said, buy low sell high. For example, find people in Archosaur selling DQ21 items for cheap, then take them to one of the starting cities to sell. The same is true for crafting materials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There really is no quick way to earning quick in game coins..
    b:cry

Best advice I can give you is to learn everything about the market items, that being; boutique and non boutique items. Once you learn the names and description of each item's uses then calculate a formula based off auctions and surrounding shops in the 3 major cities like Etherblade, Archosaur, and Plume.

It will take you approximately 3 months or so depending on your commitment, and knowledge of these resources to start acquiring wealth. Now, remember in the meantime just do wraith attacks and harvest herbs and rocks while you progress in the game.

P.S.
    Confucius says, "Play hard, Sleep Well".
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Play a female character...

Equip a swim suit... (cash item equipment, but you will earn more money than the equipment if you do this for about a year or so)

Find extremely lascivious male characters who are male in real life (not hard lol)...

Dance....

Cha-ching!

P.S. www.dictionary.com if you don't know what lascivious means (It's an SAT words for all you high-schoolers out there)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • carolyn111
    carolyn111 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sorry if i sound stupid, but gold is money, right?

kinda new, here....lawlz.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    gold is what real USD are converted to in game and what is used in the boutique aka cash shop, also gold can be bought from othe rplayers via the gold auction at auctioneer
    ways of making extra coin are farming herbs and mines to sell to others, or pet foods by fighting specific mobs (check pwdatabase.com)
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Play a female character...

Equip a swim suit... (cash item equipment, but you will earn more money than the equipment if you do this for about a year or so)
    Find extremely lascivious male characters who are male in real life (not hard lol)...
    Dance....
    Cha-ching!
    P.S. www.dictionary.com if you don't know what lascivious means (It's an SAT words for all you high-schoolers out there)

strippers..?b:shocked
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Xbloodragex - Lost City
    Xbloodragex - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    grind grind grind
    take all DQ drops and sell em....thts if u really dont wanna do DQ

grind air mobs, they give best drops : Native Vipions
    Foxwing Supreme

do wraith events as much as possible (the ones around ur lvl preferably)
    if doin it in squad, no more than three members, if u can solo it then solo (good drops ^^)
    sell molds from fb in catshops for 400k+ and other stuff thats valuable that can sell nice
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You won't really get money from just playing till ur like 90 with most skills maxed. Then it will have time to accumulate.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You won't really get money from just playing till ur like 90 with most skills maxed. Then it will have time to accumulate.

what? i started accumulating tons in my 60s/70s, at 90s your dailys cost is so high and for some classes thers nothing good to grind so you go broke, not to mention its time to refine the hell out of your gear
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    strippers..?b:shocked

I'm sorry, the term you are looking for is exotic performers of lusty arts. A professional at this career in Perfect World Online can earn millions if she (hopefully it's a she or the audience is horribly screwed rofl) amazes us with "unique" talents.

EDIT: A male can perform this job also, but currently, this is no matching thong and tight bra for the male gender to wear. So it doesn't become a profitable job for males to attract females as an exotic performer
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Poisonera - Dreamweaver
    Poisonera - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Firstly XDXDXDXDXDXD (that ideia of stripers WAS SO XDDXDXDXD)

secondly
    the best item to buy low and sell high is Mirage Celestone

begin with 100-200k

then buy all celestones with 20-29k and sell them for 30k
    (incredebly there are people that sells for 20k b:shocked )

XDXD
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Any new players out there that are just starting out:

PICK UP EVERYTHING FROM DAY ONE!

OP
    I've noticed that it is very easy during the first 30 lvls to level fast. Tons of quests, if your smart your working three or four at a time, but.......

-Are you picking up EVERYTHING of value? Your inventory once you hit 20 should be so stuffed with mats herbs and DQ items that you're having to drop stuff and make hard decisions on what to keep.
    -Are you grinding on the way to and back from quests?
    -Do you detour for every herb patch and ore/wood mine you see?

If not, START! It took me 2 months to make lvl 30 doing this. I'm not even sure if I have alot of money for my level, but it sure is nice to breeze through all those quests requiring 5 of this and 10 of that.

Now that I'm 30 being able to crank out dew of revival protection and other pots at the opothecary is another bonus. Best weapons and armor....got that to and most of it is ** and says Manufactured by fenestra.

That's my 2 cents

One more thing, if you can raid the piggy bank and come up with just $20 to buy gold do it! (I figure a console game would cost 3X that and I'd be bored in a week) You don't have to make a habit of spending rl money on the game, I sure won't....BUT a panther or snow cub sprurred to lvl 20 and a couple inventory stones made my gaming experience 100% more enjoyable.

good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What's up with the necro monster?

04-13-2009 07:06 PM

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
This discussion has been closed.