Decompose?

infinitedreamer
infinitedreamer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Hi there,

Do I need to be a blacksmith in order to decompose armor? I have a quest requiring me to turn in 15 yiyuan stones which I understand is made from decomposing armor/weapons at the blacksmith.

But every blacksmith I visit doesn't have an option to decompose, I only see Trade List, Imbue Soulgem, Purify Equipment, Manufacture Weapons and Quest Related.

Are there any sort of conditions that need to be met in order for the option to show?

Just fyi, I am lvl 3 in apothecary.

Thanks for any help that can be given.
Post edited by infinitedreamer on

Comments

• vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You need at least lv1 blacksmith skill if you wanna decompose a weapon. For those stones just buy lowest lvl weapon and decompose it. For decomposing higher lvl weapons you need higher blacksmith lvl. Same with armors and ornaments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • infinitedreamer
    infinitedreamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I had a nagging feeling that was it so I went and did it. Sure enough it worked, Decompose is up :) Thanks for the reply!
  • rogan
    rogan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Also blacksmiths only decompose weapons, if you want to decompose armor you need to go to a tailor, and craftsmen decompose ornaments.
  • estasia
    estasia Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have my FB19 weapon and I wanted to decompose it, shows it would decompose into what appears to be 2 mirage stones...

Thing is I cant.. My blacksmithing skill is level 2 right now, does it have to be highjer to decompose this item into mirages? or is that not possibel at all? can someone explain thsi too me?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Its possible. Either you need a higher blacksmith skill, or the weapon is not repaired.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Salpix - Harshlands
    Salpix - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah they're right. IF you wanna get higher, talk to the blacksmith, and click on the tabs saying what kinds of weapons you can make, and see what materials you need. Fetch those out, and you'll level your blacksmithing soon. b:victory
  • eksel
    eksel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    First of all not all weapons/armors can be decomposed. Usually those quest awards weapons or from stash.
    Everything is in item description.
    If I'm correct weapon reward from fb19 cant be decomposed or refined.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Old thread is old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.