Wizard Attack Questions

Options
Evalin - Lost City
Evalin - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Wizard
Could a wizard actually be as powerful as a cleric in pvp? You got your heal to full health (morning dew) and you got some damaging skills not to mention with water you get to slow your opponent (not sure if its as much as great wind or w/e)

1) Could full mag armor work if you wanted to do dmg and not worry about hp much.
2) The stats from "Full Attack Cleric Build" for full pvp are 0.5 Str and rest in mag. Could this work? When i started the game a few days ago i thought wizards would rock the joint.
Post edited by Evalin - Lost City on

Comments

• Madjack - Lost City
    Madjack - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yes, pure int wizardl do very high damages but have low HP and phy. def.

pure int is :
    every two lvls :
    1str 9int
  • Evalin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I found that the water/ice dragon does more damage than tempest, so that will probably make up for it?
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    From what I have heard clerics are better in PvP. I believe that their buffs and shielding spells are more powerful. Plus, clerics can cast regen on themselves right before a fight and can cast heal spells MUCH faster than a wizard.

Morning dew takes forever to cast and it easily interrupted. A blademaster around the same level as a wizard can kill a wizard before hiero/charm can tick a second time.

Basically, you can hit from behind/unaware, you're dead. If you get the first hit from far away, chances are the enemy is going to die. You can easily kill someone other than a barbarian/WB in one or two hits even if they are the same level as you and you've upgraded your skills.

But you can also die in a few hits...

So....don't get it and suprise your enemies.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A robe mage has higher defense than a robe cleric or a robe venomancer. Mage has the best defense of the three magic users, we just don't get a quick heal or a pet to dish out the damage to survive better.

Tempest also does more damage than the ice dragon. Cleric will always be better than a mage in a small PvP fight being 1v1 or 2v2, but the mage can outshine the cleric easily in a large scale battle, being TW or a 6v6+.
  • Evalin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    On this "skill database" it shows the damage as higher than tempest?
    Or does the cleric use other abilities to cause it to do more damage?

And could you give me the/a build for pure int wizard please?
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A robe mage has higher defense than a robe cleric or a robe venomancer. Mage has the best defense of the three magic users, we just don't get a quick heal or a pet to dish out the damage to survive better.

Tempest also does more damage than the ice dragon. Cleric will always be better than a mage in a small PvP fight being 1v1 or 2v2, but the mage can outshine the cleric easily in a large scale battle, being TW or a 6v6+.

And clerics have half physical demage (or fully physical, i'm not 100% sure), which means there is no way, you can get better defense against them. Propably only blademasters can accomplish this due to their m.resistance skill.
  • Evalin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So people with heavier armor will do better against them?
    Tempest is known to do 1 hit kos? is ice dragon capable of this?
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Heavier aromor = less magic resistance = you will be dead even quicker. Simple, clerics are winning with mages easly. I think it's the easiest fight for them. And for us, clerics are worse oponent you can imagine, same as archers propably.

Yea, ice dragon should be capable for 1hit kill (not 100% sure here, on my I was a con mage), but it surely depends on build.
  • evius
    evius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How wanted are wizards in pvp?
    Honestly?
    I mean i guess you're probably going to have to prove yourself as a competent pvper but in a general sentiment are wizards really all that important?

If they aren't, i would probably make a werewolf or something =\
    Although i would still continue playing my wiz cuz i love wizards.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    And clerics have half physical demage (or fully physical, i'm not 100% sure), which means there is no way, you can get better defense against them. Propably only blademasters can accomplish this due to their m.resistance skill.
    Heavier aromor = less magic resistance = you will be dead even quicker. Simple, clerics are winning with mages easly. I think it's the easiest fight for them. And for us, clerics are worse oponent you can imagine, same as archers propably.

Yea, ice dragon should be capable for 1hit kill (not 100% sure here, on my I was a con mage), but it surely depends on build.

Looool don't try to spread information unless you actually know things. Clerics having a spell that can do physical damage has nothing to do with their defense. Mages have the best physical defense in robes and if you don't know that then you don't know much about mage skills.

Second of all you saying ice dragon can one hit a cleric is even funnier. I guess you don't even know that tempest is half physical damage and what does that tell you about using it against a robe user?

Oh, and mages are absolutely needed for PvP. Mages are usually the hardest to find as a high level and are needed to round out a good PvP party.
  • necri
    necri Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks, So against other classes it could have a change to do a 1 hit ko, and thanks for pointing out that wizards are needed for pvp i'll make one when i can.
This discussion has been closed.