Perfect World International or North America?

svenity
svenity Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Not sure where this should go, shall paste here also lol.

Find that this game features several kool stuff, but havent actually played YET due to some reasons. Not telling ya =P

Just wana ask if this is REALLY Perfect World International or is it more like for North America?

Currently living in Singapore, and i found out there's a Malaysia PW.
Also looking at the outlets (on perfectworld.com)which sells cash cards are mostly only for America, even 7-Eleven.

So just wana ask in terms of
1) Latency. (I dont wana lag lol)
2) Time Zone, (i dont wana fight territory wars at like 3am, really.)
3) Availability of cash cards.

these 3 things, whether i should choose to play PW international.
Post edited by svenity on

Comments

• marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    this is basically Perfect World : North America
    if you have a decent connection i dont think lag would be too bad, but i would assume youd get a better connection at MY.

in terms of cash cards they are available here in the US at local retailers i dno about any other country though. One thing..., this is the worst version when it comes to $$ , the gold is terribly expensive and the other versions basically laugh at this one for it, its disgusting the price of gold (1gold=1dollar...LOL)

if the cash to gold ratio isnt fixed this version is goin down the sh*ts, a bunch have already quit, MY-ENG has a decent rate and Perfect World MS promises to equal or be even lower than MY-ENG.

anyway, enjoy.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is definitely Perfect World US regardless of its title
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • svenity
    edited September 2008
    So why is called International again?
  • dolucal
    dolucal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    svenity wrote: »

Because of obvious economic reasons.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's called International because it is available to the Americas, Europe, Oceania, and well... frankly any other country that does not already have it's own version.

The company that runs the version is based in North America, and that is where the servers and staff are located. Server time is PDT/PST (Pacific Daylight or Pacific Standard Time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Isn't PW-MY the same way though? Available to any country?
  • Qua - Heavens Tear
    Qua - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it is somewhat international, few people ive met ingame are from european
  • Devast - Heavens Tear
    Devast - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its kinda international. It's Perfect World - GDP over $45,800
  • svenity
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, thanks for all the info. =)

So back to the 3 criteria, i suppose i should go PW MY-ENG?

Edit:
    Coz i have relatively lesser faith in PW MY in many aspects like GM, the English translations, and i guess there would be more people playing in this server.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, thanks for all the info. =)

So back to the 3 criteria, i suppose i should go PW MY-ENG?

No from what I hear its super laggy and impossible to install.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Not sure where this should go, shall paste here also lol.

Find that this game features several kool stuff, but havent actually played YET due to some reasons. Not telling ya =P

Just wana ask if this is REALLY Perfect World International or is it more like for North America?

Currently living in Singapore, and i found out there's a Malaysia PW.
    Also looking at the outlets (on perfectworld.com)which sells cash cards are mostly only for America, even 7-Eleven.

So just wana ask in terms of
    1) Latency. (I dont wana lag lol)
    2) Time Zone, (i dont wana fight territory wars at like 3am, really.)
    3) Availability of cash cards.

these 3 things, whether i should choose to play PW international.

You're asking this question in PWI, ofcourse ppl will tell you PWI is the plcae to join.
    I try to answer your question first before I give you my opinion.

1) USA have better ISP's than Malaysia, but the line from Singapore to Malaysia is shorter than the line from Singapore to the States. Not sure on the answer on this one.

2) PWI events are based upon the USA's timezone and PW Malaysia is based upon the Malaysian timezone. Safe to say Malaysia's timezone fits you better.

3) I don't think there will be a problem to spend money on both companies. Cubis can be bought from AsiaPWorld and Offgamers and Zhen can be bought through this website.

The prices of stuff is much cheaper in PW Malaysia. Ppl complain like crazy here about the prices. PW Malaysia is considered to have corrupt GM's at least in the Delphi server. Here such thing has not happen. PWI promised to have better and no corrupt GM's.
    So far a lot of the promises of PWI are broken (4 servers, listen to players regarding Zhen prices), but I think they will not tolerate corrupt GM's.

As for which company to chose from....
    Both has it advantages, but I would say try both for a while and choose the one you like the best.
  • Arrowchucker - Heavens Tear
    Arrowchucker - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There are servers based in canary wharf in London,my PWI time is GMT and it runs quite well even though I have a relatively old computer.I am based in UK by the way.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Well, contrary to the "popular" definition thrown around in these forums, International simply means more than one nation. Techincally speaking, even if is catering to North America, last I checked North America is a continent comprised of several nations, thus satisying the "International" label.

I think more players were hoping for more of a PW-Global, which by definition, would need to cater to all times zones and nationalities. It may, down the road. Unlikely, as to warrant that kind of global coverage you would need different servers based upon different time zones around the world. In game things like events and Territory Wars being held after different times on the same server would exclude certain time zones unless players made consderable adjustment to their real life schedules. (Could you imagine the uproar if TW were held during 5am PST when many US players would be asleep or getting ready for work/school, but let's say an Australian based guild, which would make it early in the evening for them, attacked a mostly US player guild's land and noone was on to defend! It could work just the opposite as well).

As with ANY game, if the demand is there (aka...the profitability), they will most definitely open new servers to cater to other times. Many other games have done this as the demand grew. But, if the demand is not there, logic dictates that they will cater to their bread and butter customers. It is a business after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008

LOL! Who knows~
  • duckweeded
    duckweeded Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thats what the name is when they first lauched in China lol
    It doesnt have to make any sense
    Its just a name
    isnt it
  • Infrequentia - Lost City
    Infrequentia - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I do have a problem with the TW times. 5 AM for me on a sunday, which means I need to get up before that. Sucks to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ..::Infrequentia x Cleric x Ascension - ACTIVE::..
    ..::Mestrix x Venomancer x Firefly - ACTIVE::..
    ..::Lost City::..
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xD @ GMs on the MY version.

Did over half of Legacy really leave because of that? Hi-larious...
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]