Dixie's Event Page

Options
lexx
lexx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
************Due to my health over the weekend and on Monday the Event will be pushed back to Wednesday, I hope to see you all there!************

Well Mondays event has come and gone, and I must say it was a great success. Alot of players came out very happy with prizes and smiles on their faces. The event was even big enough to catch the eyes of the GMs. Alot of people are asking me, "Will you be doing another event?", and I am please to say "yes", for those who participated and didn't win anything last Monday night, I will be holding another event night Wednesday to give you all another chance at winning something special. Here are the details:

LOST CITY (PVP SERVER)

Wednesday September 24nd 9pm PST (10pm MST, 11pm CST, 12am EST)

***HIDE AND SEEK***

Dixie will be announcing this event at the time listed above an hour in advance. At 9pm PST she will be hiding somewhere on the map (location random), this could be anywhere except in instances or dungeons. Your mission is too seek out, find Dixie, and open a trade before anyone else does. Dixie will hide where anyone can get too by foot or by flight. If after 10 minutes and no one finds Dixie hints will proceed in Yellow (World Chat). Hiding spot may change after each winner, the person hiding may chance as well, be on your toes. Prizes are as follows:

1st Place - 20 Gold (Cash Shop) spent how you see fit. (Must choose your items after the event is over, I will not save the Gold for you at a later time to be spent, items are not to go over 20 Gold)

2nd Place - 1 Million Coins (Given after the event is over)

3rd Place - 1 Silver HP Charm, 1 Silver MP Charm (Given after the event is over)

***TRIVAL TRIVIA***

Fear not this event is not over yet! After Hide and Seek Dixie will be holding a Trivia Contest in Central Archosaur. Trivia Questions will only pretain to Perfect World and will include a wide selection of questions. Questions will only be asked in Local (White Chat) so you must come to Central Archosaur to participate, all answer are to be submitted through a whisper to Dixie, any answers submit otherwise will not be considered a win. First person to answer the question correctly (Spelling Counts) will win a random prize from Dixie. I would like to ask that everyone participating in the trivia please refrain from using Local (White Chat) during the course of the trivia so that everyone can see the questions being asked by Dixie. While this is a free environment, respecting each other during these events would be greatly appreciated by myself and Dixie, you never know when a sportsmanship reward my be awarded right? wink wink

***WACKY RAFFLE***

Unlike some raffle this one is entirely FREE. If you would like to enter this raffle all you have to do is mail Dixie in-game via the postbox, make sure to give your characters name (Any oddly spelled names please type clearly :P). All entries MUST be mailed before noon 12pm PST on Wednesday the 22nd, I will not accept any submission I recieve after 1pm (1 hour allowance for mail to transfer for you to me), so make sure you mail those before 12pm PST, only 1 entry per character as many characters as you wish. There will be 3 winners each will recieve 1 Silver HP or MP Charm! Winners will be announced Wednesday night during the event. Good luck to you all.

FAQ

Will there be more events?

Dixie does have plans to coordinate events every Monday. News of these events will be posted in this forum every Tuesday following the events. So keep a watchful eye out for any little tid-bits that will arise. Events can be cancelled at any time and will also be posted if Dixie cannot make it.

How can I contribute too these events?

While Dixie is not looking for donations at this time, nor any help coordinating, there my come a time when these event become larger then she can handle by herself. When that time comes I will post in the forums a list of needed items or charitable helpers for the events at hand.

Is Dixie a GM or in connected to any GMs?

No Dixie is not a GM, however we have submitted in writing to Perfect World Support that any appearances, help, or participation from any of the GMs would be most welcome. GMs have a very busy schedule so keep in mind this is only an invitation to them, there is no confirmation of GM activity in this events whatsoever.

If you have any other questions or if you have any ideas for event please use this thread as well. I will try and answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Post edited by lexx on

Comments

• Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yay me first!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sooooooooooooo
    first person who finds you gets to tell his/her other 2 friends to get all 3 prizes.

lol.
  • Esc - Lost City
    Esc - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sounds like fun
  • seph2
    seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Bump...Awesome Event
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    marccc wrote: »
    sooooooooooooo
    first person who finds you gets to tell his/her other 2 friends to get all 3 prizes.

lol.

some people just don't read properly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kuukai wrote: »
    some people just don't read properly...

hiding spot "may" change,
    so after someoe finds her, she runs somewhere else and whoever finds her then is second place?

..lol.
  • Adaira - Lost City
    Adaira - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
  • akirashima1
    akirashima1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    :) Just wondering if two people trade you same time will prize be split.? also is there a good guild i can join?
  • lexx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    No two people can open a trade at the exact time, when a person requests a trade the exclaimation mark box will appear and if someone requests a trade even a fraction of a second after it will show up in that exclaimation box in order of who requested first. I am doubtful that it will even come to such a close tie.
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'll be there XD
  • jangalang
    jangalang Posts: 5
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Player run events FTW! This is such an awesome idea, and gives the PW team more time to work on the game while we run our own events. :P
  • syi
    syi Posts: 7
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You know Dixie there is room for more nice people than just you.

You didnt have to steal the hide and seek idea of my Event.

I didnt mess with your event and even said good things about you but now I have to wonder.

Real class act you are.

I wish you all the friends your daddies credit card can buy you.
  • barelylegalsin
    barelylegalsin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    To the person above this, I just wanted to clarify to everyone that this is a clear sham, I was just wondering who posted this type event first so I took a look at the date in which both people posted their event in the forums. Dixie had a good days worth notice of her event before Syi even posted his/her itdea (Dixie post 9-17, Syr post 9-18), not to mention that Dixie was holding Events in OB before and even a small event in CB. So anyone trying to say Dixie is ripping of other peoples ideas like the person above are just pure haters. Lets face it its not like this isnt the first Hide and Seek in game before, so calling it first is just childish. Syi grow up, Ill make sure to let people know in your post how fake you are. Dixie I loves you!
    There are two kind of trolling, the first makes you mad, the second makes you laugh........either way its your problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lexx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Syi I honestly dont know what you mean by your post but I can assure you that yes there is plenty of room for people who would give back to this community. I dont know why you posted the same type of event a day after mine and come here to try and spit in my face, I have done nothing to you, you are free to hold all the event you would like but I would like to ask you to not come into my Event page with hate. I never said anything about you or your event, all I want is to give to the players a time of peace, fun, and excitement. I would also appreciate it if you kept my family out of this, my father passed away a year ago due to cancer and your comments dont help the healing.

I wish your event great success!
  • seph2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK...please UNSMART FOOLS
    1. Idea = Ideas, copy right??? call all ppl steal your Ideas, not smart
    2. Daddy? do you know Dixie? age please?
    lame post, go back finish elementary school first, you need some cognitive thinking

Bump for event
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    He is right you guys... just ignore the fool..... he was talking about himself right?
  • awesomeness
    awesomeness Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Get winner from each events, have a "special" game for winners, mail em your clues then have big prize :), good eh?
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Bump for cool event =P
  • seph2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Bump for Dixie
  • seph2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hope you get better~
  • lexx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Bump for the event Wednesday Night!
  • sift
    sift Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm from the UK so what would be the time for GMT- 0 :)

Thanks in advance.
  • lexx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think GMT is 7 from EST so that would be 7am on Thursday morning. I hope you can make it but thats pretty rough time to get up.
  • Darkfighter - Lost City
    Darkfighter - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Alright thanks, yeah its pretty brutal getting up at that time lol

So i prob wont be able to make it :(

Sorry...
  • Dixie - Lost City
    Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For some reason the forums isnt letting people edit their posts so I have put up a recent update to the event here:

1st place prize for Hide and Seek is being brought back down to 20 cash shop gold and the Raffle will now have 3 prize winners instead of just one, this will allow more people to have a chance at winning some goodies while still having an awesome grand prizes.

Thanks
  • teddykgb
    teddykgb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I noticed your event is on the PVP server, do you need to be at least lvl 30 to log in to that server?
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves." Jerry Garcia :cool:
  • Adaira - Lost City
    Adaira - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Why would you need to be level 30 just to log into a server? That would mean no characters would ever get made in the first place ;)