avoidable cons on PW

Samiup - Heavens Tear
Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
first you should know that i like PW but i think this game will not survive other MMOs with its actual level. after playing it for a while now, i can clearly state that :

1- NO voice acting / sound effects are POOR (like when flying)
the last thing i expect a 2008 game to not have is proper sound(s)... honestly that sucks. and what the heck does Chinees classical music has to do with battlegrounds? = totally out of context music.

2- WAY too expensive Item Mall
if you tell me that a game is FREE, and make the game play so i HAVE to spend $30-$50 / month to have a reasonable game experience, i call it **** around / hustling. and do not say you can get anything on trading or auction, cause you really cant spend half of your life making gazillions of game credits to exchange for 1 real dollar. how about a $50 mount? i wanna see someone try it....

3- VERY "stupid" Items @ Item Mall
at least if you want people to pay for stuff, make it look cool and spend a few moments on the textures. and dont tell me its a beta, cause people are paying real dollars not Beta dollars....

Final note:

PW is a great value game and superior technically to almost every MMO like WoW for example BUT whoever is managing the stuff is very short sighted and narrow headed.

if i see myself spending too much, ill just go for a Paying MMO with less expensive Cash shop but with CUTTING EDGE graphics and sound like AOC...

i hope they will fix those issues in future patches or in the so called "full release"...
contact info :
GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
Post edited by Samiup - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the last thing i expect a 2008 game to not have is proper sound(s)... honestly that sucks. and what the heck does Chinees classical music has to do with battlegrounds? = totally out of context music.

Yes the sounds are poor, but it's not a 2008 game, it's a 2004 game. Sad but true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • garblebeast
    garblebeast Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if you tell me that a game is FREE, and make the game play so i HAVE to spend $30-$50 / month to have a reasonable game experience, i call it **** around / hustling. and do not say you can get anything on trading or auction, cause you really cant spend half of your life making gazillions of game credits to exchange for 1 real dollar. how about a $50 mount? i wanna see someone try it....

:eek: I'm not sure what you call a "reasonable game experience" but this game is free, and let me tell ya, it is one of the best F2P MMO's I have ever seen. Don't buy anything at the shop....don't spend cash, you will still have a great game experience....oh and "looks over shoulder and sees a sweet dragon mount......thinks.....gotta have....gotta have" that is where your "reasonable game experience" is coming from....or should I say "ENVY" maybe?
    AKA Nikobug :D
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    first you should know that i like PW but i think this game will not survive other MMOs with its actual level. after playing it for a while now, i can clearly state that :

3- VERY "stupid" Items @ Item Mall
    at least if you want people to pay for stuff, make it look cool and spend a few moments on the textures. and dont tell me its a beta, cause people are paying real dollars not Beta dollars....

Final note:

PW is a great value game and superior technically to almost every MMO like WoW for example BUT whoever is managing the stuff is very short sighted and narrow headed.

if i see myself spending too much, ill just go for a Paying MMO with less expensive Cash shop but with CUTTING EDGE graphics and sound like AOC...

i hope they will fix those issues in future patches or in the so called "full release"...

I agree with everything this dam man said...Its true. Just lower prices and improve graphics greatly and you got yourself a dam good game. oh ya and the engine.
  • elchi
    elchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I half agree with you :
    - yes the sound effects are poor, and I would add that the graphic effects for the skills are poor too
    - yes the prices of the cash shop are wayyyy tooooo high (see the sticky post related to it in this forum), paying $50 just for a good mount is .... looking like a rip off.... And yes, I don't understand their cash shop policy : I think I would actually spend more $ in cash shop if the items were cheaper, but for a lot of things I'm like "$35 for that??? They must be jocking, nvm, I'll live without it". I would spend more for a better game experience with cheaper prices. I spent more on PW My because I was thinking "ok, affordable, I buy", for a lot of things, as a result I had far more cash shop items, so I spent more. For example, I was to get married in PW My but didn't because PWI came out, and I knew I would switch to it, but in PWI, it's OUT OF QUESTION to pay $60 to have my wifey's name over my head, I love her, but no, anyway, she wouldn't let me spend that amount for it.

- you can play without spending money, yes of course it's harder, but the purpose of the economic models of F2P is for the cash shop to make the life of players easier. You want to play for free? Fine, but work ur **** off. I know far worse : Conquer Online, Rappelz are F2P, but for example in Rappelz it's impossible to buy Cash Shop money with game currency, u can buy items, but not the money, and some CS items are not tradable anyway, so even if u work ur **** off, u strictly can't have the same game experience as someone who is using the cash shop. For that, PW is more fair to non cash shop users than the most part of other F2P.
    Knight Online : 6x Buffer
    Conquer Online : 11x Archer
  • recon5
    recon5 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To the threadstarter: Please remember that PWI is simply the translated version of a game that is ALMOST AS OLD AS WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Furthermore it is MOSTLY FREE unless you cannot stand grinding for Gold. If the stated cons are indeed game killers, then why is this game still going strong. For that matter, why are there people who say it is BETTER than WoW (read the Youtube comments on WoW and PW videos)?
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i'd just like if they could improve sound quality and change the background music...its not that i dont like eastern music, simply put some other songs suitable for different situations...there is a lot of good eastern movie soundtracks...
    and if they could add some feature...for example, after 50$ spent on boutique you get additional 15$ for example...
    or, those who spent 100$ during their gameplay they receive addition 30$ or stuff...anything..
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/