Total newb question, sorry

miyuffi
miyuffi Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
How do I speak in the world chat? It says I'm either too low a level or there's no Teleacoustic..wtf is that?
Post edited by miyuffi on

Comments

• infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That would be an item in the cash shop/item mall. You get 10 for 90 silver, and you can use the world chat once for 1 Teleacoustic. ^^;;

No idea what level it is to use it without, though.
  • tastydolphins
    tastydolphins Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Press ALT + O to bring up your Boutique Shop and search in the Chat section. With your free ZEN, you can purchase a Teleacoustic and try it out. Just click the World chat button or put !@ before your text and start yelling. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Very Yummy Dolphins! ~
  • vanor
    vanor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You have to be level 5 I believe to use world chat.
  • miyuffi
    edited August 2008
    I am level 5 =/
    and lol does that mean you have to keep buying them over and over to speak ?
  • vanor
    edited August 2008
    Yeah you have to keep buying cash shop items to use world chat.
  • miyuffi
    edited August 2008
    That's so lame >.< Will it be changed in the open beta? Or will you have to keep doing it.....when you go to the shop it says it's a Permanent item though so I don't see why you have to buy a bunch of them =/
  • vanor
    edited August 2008
    It's permanent in that if you buy 10, you'll have those 10 items until you delete your character, they won't automatically be taken out of your inventory after X days/weeks/months.

But yeah as far as I know, and this is the first and only version of PW I've played, you buy say 10 of the items, then you can send 10 messages to the World Chat. After that you'll have to buy more of the items.

Personally I like this system because it would I think keep the spam down a lot.
  • serafikk
    serafikk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    In PW-MY I think I got access to WC at lv10. Chances are, it's the same here.
  • songg
    songg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    vanor wrote: »
    It's permanent in that if you buy 10, you'll have those 10 items until you delete your character, they won't automatically be taken out of your inventory after X days/weeks/months.

But yeah as far as I know, and this is the first and only version of PW I've played, you buy say 10 of the items, then you can send 10 messages to the World Chat. After that you'll have to buy more of the items.

Personally I like this system because it would I think keep the spam down a lot.

I think this system is not so good, because it is not "noob-friendly", many other paid MMOs as well as MMOs with cash shop item have free world shout. Some "noobies" in game might want to ask for advice, opinions or if they're simply lost the world chat is an easy and quick way to reach out for help.

Sure spam could be a problem, but could be controlled.

tl;dr paid world chat not noob-friendly:o
  • requiemcz
    requiemcz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yes but alot of the time the spam is not properly controlled, even with a moderator you will alays have spammers and a holes.
  • Wacky - Heavens Tear
    Wacky - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I like not having free world chat.

Another game I played, there were always annoying people saying rather stupid stuff in world chat. Lots of arguing and calling each other names too. Most of the time I had it turned off.

This system is good imho.