Are FB quest mob levels higher then displayed ?

x3000
x3000 Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am venomaster 30 and I am playing non-squad only. I can not finish FB19 quest. Those level "22" snouts were worse than level 30 monsters and boss level "23" crashed my pet level 30 while it was healed non-stop. Normally I have no trouble dealing with monster 4 levels higher then my. I would not bother to do this quest till level 40 if I knew that real level for those monsters are 15-20 levels higher then game reports.
Post edited by x3000 on

Comments

• Averil - Heavens Tear
    Averil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    they are designed to be done by a squad. Unless you somehow are playing a 30 veno with the resists of a 30 veno and the physical defense of a blademaster, you aren't supposed to be able to survive against them. That's the point of requiring a squad :)
  • r1card0
    r1card0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    man... fb quest monsters are like Averil said, they were done for be killed in squad...you will never be able to kill them alone even at lvl 40.... so just think about making squads..is only better for lvling and you also can grow much faster because venomancer is needed always for do some tank with babarian and blademaster... this games were done with intention of play in squads... for make some friends and have a good time.. playing alone isn't totally fun and you can also gett bored faster i think... so... FB quest monsters have more than double of resistence of their lvl, so if you still wanting to do it only by yourself, here goes 1 advice.. try only at lvl +50...lower i think you wont make it... even a blade master lv56 cant do it all alone because the mobs. !

Good Luck and have a nice playing time :)
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well, first dungeons are easily soloed around lvl40-50. It just usually is a waste of time/money to solo it.

The monsters in dungeons are elite and they have about 2xhp and 2xdmg compared to normal monsters.

This game is really meant to be played with squads and factions. You wont be able to get the best gear through soloing for example, because the best equips are gained through very difficult boss fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • eikram
    eikram Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i agree with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Crusaders will crusade to be strong, friendly and helpful mature guild in PW. :):):)
  • x3000
    x3000 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I understand all that. My point is that FB monster levels are misleading. If FB monsters were shown with real level, then It would make clear that squad is required. Seeing mob lev 23 tricks you into assumption that you can do it alone. When you fail, you think that it is you that did something wrong, try again with thesame result + loose exp all the time. Nobody would suffer if real levels were shown.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    x3000 wrote: »
    I understand all that. My point is that FB monster levels are misleading. If FB monsters were shown with real level, then It would make clear that squad is required. Seeing mob lev 23 tricks you into assumption that you can do it alone. When you fail, you think that it is you that did something wrong, try again with thesame result + loose exp all the time. Nobody would suffer if real levels were shown.

Monster levels are shown correctly. You completely missed the point that those monsters are elite.
    There's also brackets at the sides of the box which shows monsters name and hp, indicating its something else than normal mob just like bosses have.

There is absolutely nothing shown wrong, everything is shown correctly and if you had read your quest, it too says to use a squad and that the monsters are tough.

Only thing that tricked you, were your own eyes since you didnt notice that those monsters are different than others. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • holywind
    holywind Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im 20 Veno, and i can solo most of the mobs since i can take them on 1 by 1. Is it possible to go through all of the dungeon and beat the boss, considering that i will never have more then 1 mob to fight at a time?
  • Adacanavar - Lost City
    Adacanavar - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    holywind wrote: »
    Im 20 Veno, and i can solo most of the mobs since i can take them on 1 by 1. Is it possible to go through all of the dungeon and beat the boss, considering that i will never have more then 1 mob to fight at a time?

Thats a negative because mobs in dungeons tend to aggro in groups plus they have ranged attacks or will kill most anything a lvl 20 veno puts in there way and go after the veno and one hit kill them. Wait until your 10-12 lvls over a dungeon with the veno to solo.
    Whys the rum always gone:eek: