Dressing Room for Zen othing

Averil - Heavens Tear
Averil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
There needs to be a way to "try on" the clothing that you can buy with zen. I can't bring myself to ever purchase any clothing until I see how my character looks in it. I'm sure others have the same problem. Call it a "Dressing Room" or something, but make it so that you can put on the item and see how it looks before purchasing it.

Also, though not nearly as important, it would be nice to be able to specify the color of the piece of clothing you are trying on. Then at least you know exactly what you are trying to buy, both with the clothing and they dyes.

Please at least think of making this possible in game.
Post edited by Averil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been implemented already. It certainly gets my vote.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Highly agree. I'd love to try the items in the cash shops before buying it. Especially with the new items, they look good, but do they look good on the character?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smirk
    smirk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    there Needs To Be A Way To "try On" The Clothing That You Can Buy With Zen. I Can't Bring Myself To Ever Purchase Any Clothing Until I See How My Character Looks In It. I'm Sure Others Have The Same Problem. Call It A "dressing Room" Or Something, But Make It So That You Can Put On The Item And See How It Looks Before Purchasing It.

Also, Though Not Nearly As Important, It Would Be Nice To Be Able To Specify The Color Of The Piece Of Clothing You Are Trying On. Then At Least You Know Exactly What You Are Trying To Buy, Both With The Clothing And They Dyes.

Please At Least Think Of Making This Possible In Game.

I Agree :)
  • selli
    selli Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There needs to be a way to "try on" the clothing that you can buy with zen. I can't bring myself to ever purchase any clothing until I see how my character looks in it. I'm sure others have the same problem. Call it a "Dressing Room" or something, but make it so that you can put on the item and see how it looks before purchasing it.

Also, though not nearly as important, it would be nice to be able to specify the color of the piece of clothing you are trying on. Then at least you know exactly what you are trying to buy, both with the clothing and they dyes.

Please at least think of making this possible in game.

*Bows down*

I totally agree.

You should be able to do that with normal armor and weapons as well. I like to see how weapons look before I buy them, and some of them I do not like at all and when I sell it back for less then half it's original price I feel like an idiot. X3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    .:[H]eaven's[T]ear:. -- Nyuu~! =^.^=
    || Selli -- Level ?, Female, Venomancer, Untamed. ||
    || SelliCookie -- Level 10, Cleric, Female, Winged Elf. ||
    || Takomi -- Level 10, Wizard, Female, Human. ||
    || Snowclaw -- Level 1, Male, Barbarian, Untamed. ||
  • Averil - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    is there any way to be sure these suggestions are being red by the anyone that might be able to make decisions in this game? I'd love to know that someone might actually read them and think "hey that is a good idea" :D
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    is there any way to be sure these suggestions are being red by the anyone that might be able to make decisions in this game? I'd love to know that someone might actually read them and think "hey that is a good idea" :D

no unless an admin posts here:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree completely, this needs to be implemented. I bet they'd get a lot more people buying fashion.

At the moment, I use the Player Information function to try stuff on, but it's in no way convenient. If I see someone running around with stuff I like, I'll try it out, but its not easy to find things you'd actually want to buy.

The colours suggestion sounds good too. It would also be nice if we could try on items from the Auctioneer too.
  • Averil - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    bumping this in the hopes it is still looked at :D
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Though it may be more of an inconvience, there are already several ways to see cash shop clothing before you buy them and on your character.

First is in player shops. If you see a player selling fashion in their stalls, you can click the try on button in the shop to try the fashions on yourself before you buy.

Second if you see players wearing fashions, you can right click on that player and choose the player info button. When the player info box comes up that shows all their gear etc at the bottom of the box there is a try clothes button. You can hit that and use it to try on any clothes that player is wearing! You can even mix their clothes with your own fashions in that box as well.

You can find every outfit thats in the cash shop either in a stall or on another player. While it might not be instant, if you stand in Archosaur for a few minutes you will see most of them on players that run by.

Hope this helps you guys while waiting for that cash shop dressing room :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Foxychick - Heavens Tear
    Foxychick - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I totally agree.
    Just need a window with some default player model so you drag and drop items on the model and be able to rotate the model 360 deg.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Though it may be more of an inconvience, there are already several ways to see cash shop clothing before you buy them and on your character.

First is in player shops. If you see a player selling fashion in their stalls, you can click the try on button in the shop to try the fashions on yourself before you buy.

Second if you see players wearing fashions, you can right click on that player and choose the player info button. When the player info box comes up that shows all their gear etc at the bottom of the box there is a try clothes button. You can hit that and use it to try on any clothes that player is wearing! You can even mix their clothes with your own fashions in that box as well.

You can find every outfit thats in the cash shop either in a stall or on another player. While it might not be instant, if you stand in Archosaur for a few minutes you will see most of them on players that run by.

A few flaws in your suggestion, Cat, and I speak from experience here... I tried.

If you want to see what a specific item looks like, there is no way to do so. Suppose I wanted to buy the Bohemian set... I can't try it in the shop. I have to run around Archosaur and hope to God that one of them happens to be selling just the pieces I want to see, or stand around and wait and pray for a player wearing that set to come by.

I've looked around for specific sets a few times, and as a general rule the player shops don't seem to sell the stuff I want to try on. Players actually wearing cash shop stuff are apparently even rarer, never even mind that they are wearing the stuff you want- just as with the shops.

Then there's the factor of dye to consider- you might love the colour of the set you tried on, only to buy the set from the shop and get one you really, really hate. You don't know what you're getting, and considering that there is real world money being paid for it, that's a tricky hot air scenario that's on the slippery slope down towards false advertising and scam- especially because there is no money-back system.

I'm not sure if the devs have considered this, but online purchases are bound to laws just as ordinary down-the-road retail. As it stands, the PW cash shop is faulty. Customers don't know what they're getting, and if you don't like what you get, too bad... money's gone. Not sure about US laws, but it sure as hell is tricky to keep it standing in the face of EU laws concerning online purchases. (Consumers have the right to return any product within 7 days after receiving it, for whatever reason, and must get a full refund.) The details of legislation obviously get trickier, but this is something I'd like to point out.

I doubt they'll implement a refund system, but to avoid complaints and trouble down the road, at the very least a dressing room and some sort of colour selection or guarantee should be implemented. It might be Open Beta, but it's still real money, and so it's going to be about decent customer service, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    A few flaws in your suggestion, Cat, and I speak from experience here... I tried.

If you want to see what a specific item looks like, there is no way to do so. Suppose I wanted to buy the Bohemian set... I can't try it in the shop. I have to run around Archosaur and hope to God that one of them happens to be selling just the pieces I want to see, or stand around and wait and pray for a player wearing that set to come by.

I've looked around for specific sets a few times, and as a general rule the player shops don't seem to sell the stuff I want to try on. Players actually wearing cash shop stuff are apparently even rarer, never even mind that they are wearing the stuff you want- just as with the shops.

Then there's the factor of dye to consider- you might love the colour of the set you tried on, only to buy the set from the shop and get one you really, really hate. You don't know what you're getting, and considering that there is real world money being paid for it, that's a tricky hot air scenario that's on the slippery slope down towards false advertising and scam- especially because there is no money-back system.

I'm not sure if the devs have considered this, but online purchases are bound to laws just as ordinary down-the-road retail. As it stands, the PW cash shop is faulty. Customers don't know what they're getting, and if you don't like what you get, too bad... money's gone. Not sure about US laws, but it sure as hell is tricky to keep it standing in the face of EU laws concerning online purchases. (Consumers have the right to return any product within 7 days after receiving it, for whatever reason, and must get a full refund.) The details of legislation obviously get trickier, but this is something I'd like to point out.

I doubt they'll implement a refund system, but to avoid complaints and trouble down the road, at the very least a dressing room and some sort of colour selection or guarantee should be implemented. It might be Open Beta, but it's still real money, and so it's going to be about decent customer service, too.

Uhm my post isnt a suggestion. IT IS the options available to YOU NOW in the game. Until they do change things ITS what you have to work with. Not everyone knows you can try on clothes other people are wearing or in player shops. It was an informative thread to them not a suggestion.

If you want an outfit bad enough I would take at least what I could to see it NOW before I bought it. Instead of just guessing or waiting for them to add a dressing room to the cash shop.

I speak from experience also. I come from PW MY, at one point in time I have owned every fashion there is in the cash shop in a variety of colors. Even on this version now, since they have lowered the clothing prices I almost own everything in the fashion section. Only thing Im missing is the wingspan outfit because its still too exspensive. I have also been dying them. You can see most of them in the screenshot section of this forum, in the fashion topic. Almost everything I own has been dyed black. If you want to see any of it to try on, you can shoot me a PM in game and if Im not busy Ill come set up a stall for you to try things on.

You can still bet I use try on clothes from shops and other players before I buy anything, especially when new fashions come out. Its better than nothing,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, was just pointing out that while your suggestion is an option, Cat, it's not one that works out so well. But you're right, some people will want stuff badly enough anyway, and sometimes you're lucky enough to spot it in-game.

Personally, I just hope the PW folk have the good sense to improve th ewhole fashion section of the cash shop, because it's flawed on so many levels it's just not funny anymore.

And thanks for the offer, if I want to try something on and I can't find it, I'll definitely ask you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008

I have to agree. I bought some clothing out of curiosity, hated it... Now I think all the clothing is trash. I don't think I'll be buying anymore. *shrug* Wasted a few dollars.. but oh well. Like the armor better. I'm ok that I donated to them a few bucks cuz it's a good game overall, but I'm definitely not happy with the clothing and don't think it's worth as much as they're charging for it. Maybe more like 20 cents per item... Especially considering all they sell is random pigments. :mad:
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    selli wrote: »
    You should be able to do that with normal armor and weapons as well. I like to see how weapons look before I buy them, and some of them I do not like at all and when I sell it back for less then half it's original price I feel like an idiot. X3

I second that!

I mean, the whole reason I started playing this game was all the customization options.. so when they either don't work very well or aren't available as advertised (I found the MY site about a month before finding this one)... it's VERY disappointing to say the least.

The things that drew me to this game were the character customization, clothing and territory design they supposedly had, and flying. Those are the reasons I started playing. Mainly because I like to design things in games, not just run around killing mobs.

This is actually very helpful. Thank you so much. I didn't know any of that.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree, even tho i cant see the reason to spend real cash on clothes ingame.

I would like it more if Tailors could craft them :p

;)
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krista - Dreamweaver
    Krista - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is something I have wanted from the beginning and was just getting ready to put in a suggestion for it. But thought I would search to see if any had posted this topic, thank god I did so I didn't get flamed for being a "newb". hahaha.

Thanks Krista Nikol
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    D:!!!!!!

Nuuu!!! Bad! Bad!!! Bad!!!! Necro!!!!!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is something I have wanted from the beginning and was just getting ready to put in a suggestion for it. But thought I would search to see if any had posted this topic, thank god I did so I didn't get flamed for being a "newb". hahaha.

Thanks Krista Nikol

This has already been implemented ingame, it is called the Fitting Room - press O and you will see it in top right hand corner.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Thanks Krista Nikol
    First of all: vvv
    D:!!!!!!

Nuuu!!! Bad! Bad!!! Bad!!!! Necro!!!!!
    Secondly: vvv
    This has already been implemented ingame, it is called the Fitting Room - press O and you will see it in top right hand corner.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Thanks Krista Nikol

You're gonna be flamed for necro-ing a thread this old.Anyway if you use your eyes,it has already been implemented this year.