dewie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Barbarian
title says all:)
Post edited by dewie on

Comments

• kevihevi
    kevihevi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So there are differents between the Axes and Hammers.

The Hammers do not so much Damage but they have a very constant attack so you wont dose 100 Damage abd the next hit only 40 ^^

The Axes have av stronge attack but they does very different damage :(

Sry for my bad englisch xD
    I dont know the Word but when you speack german than you can send me an PM :D
    I love My Babarian!!! b:laugh
  • dewie
    edited September 2008
    ah, what a pity i speak dutch ;)
  • chodukjin
    chodukjin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so basically the consensus is that its better to dual hammers? i hope so..dual hammers are sexy
  • undeth
    undeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well the point is

axes do more dmg but its very difrent each time
    hammers do less dmg then the axes but more constant.

lv.1 axes
    dmg 40-100 = 70 avrg.
    example :
    hit : 92
    hit : 41
    hit : 62

lv.1 hammers
    dmg 40-60 = 50 avrg.
    example :
    hit : 48
    hit : 46
    hit : 52
    This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name.
  • monarch
    monarch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That example is not accurate. Your minimum damage for both are the same.

Hammers have a higher minimum damage than axes.
    Say a lvl 1 hammer has a damage of 40-75. You woln't hit for less than 40, but woln't hit for more than 75.

Axes have a higher maximum damage than hammers.
    If a lvl 1 hammer has the above damage range, a lvl 1 Axe would have a damage range of 20-105. A chance of really low or really high.

Hammers are more constant damage, Axes have high potential for spike damage.
  • yuchau10
    yuchau10 Posts: 7
    edited September 2008
    so then wouldnt axes be a better choice? the possibility fo spike damages will compensate and do more damage than a average constant damage by hammers?
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Unless you have a string of bad luck and hit low 4-5 times in a row, the yes, axes will get it done faster. But while your hitting low, your taking damage, while the hammer user may already be onto the next one while you pray for a high hit.

With axe your HOPING for high damage hits, at least higher damage than the hammer users average damage. With the hammer you know your doing decent damage each time it connects.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • dewie
    edited September 2008
    from all these tips i would choose hammers, but i prefer rhe looks of axes so it's going to be............... TATATA!!!!!!!!: axes:p
  • Requiem - Heavens Tear
    Requiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it really doesn't matter until level 70. you can choose whatever weapon gets you the most DPS with the stats on it and everything, but at level 70 you want to get the bloodmalefic duo axes (or whatever they'll be called on this server) - it has the berserk stat, which has a (pretty good) chance to double your attack at the cost of 5% of your hp. that's the level 70 axe mold, and pretty much every WB should aim for that. until then, it doesn't really matter.

(although it's probably a bad idea to tank with those axes ;x)
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Axes are definitely the way to go. Due to two things A. The majority of good WB molds are axes. B. WB HH weapons are axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]