Drops left everywhere

sarean
sarean Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Every time i go to a place where there are quite a few people killing monsters for quests, or sometimes just out in the middle of nowhere, i find coins and other **** no one picks up

I've seen people kill, then just walk away without picking their reward up. What's the sense in that?

I kinda want to take stuff just lying there, so it doesn't "go to waste" (if thats really possible)

but i also don't wanna **** anyone off.
Post edited by sarean on

Comments

• tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If they don't pick it up by the time the ownership timer expires, it's fair game.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The drop timer in this game is pretty long. If an item is left until it can be picked up by anyone, the person who killed the monster clearly doesn't want it so feel free to pick it up. I do that all the time.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    My first rule to all MMOs: Pick up loot.

If it's not yours, and no one has picked it up, feel free to take it. It's money for you in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moogle - Lost City
    Moogle - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I run around picking up most stuff I find to sell, because I'm poor :(
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    u'll find alot of DQ items just lying around untouched. i dont understand why people dont loot them, can make 100k a day just npcing them if u kill a ton of mobs...
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    In the start area I can see this but I too was also surprised by how much is left. I suspect it is partially how hard it is to see the drop at first. They appear under the mob sometimes and it takes a few seconds for the body to fade. The drop also occurs behind or under you so you have to look for it.

It would be nice if the drops did not appear immediately I get too many little boys standing right on top of me trying to steal a drop from the first mob while i am killing the mob that added.
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just hotkey the pick-up emote/skill and hit it a few times right after u kill something
    u can toss out unwanted drops later and you'll never miss anything
  • sarean
    sarean Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There's a timer in effect to prevent loot stealing? I didn't know that.
  • ashalameth
    ashalameth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Usualy F4 :D

Rule: Kill->Press F4 (pick-up) sometimes you have to be near the mob if you use ranged weapon.
  • Wacky - Heavens Tear
    Wacky - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I leave stuff behind when my inventory is full, but I never leave gold sitting around :p
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I grab everything everyone leaves behind. I get a fast few thousand gold that way. :D
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You don't even have to keep pressing the key. See a large grouping of loot on the ground? Just hold the key down and you'll pick them all up automatically.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sometimes that person is a BOT lol.

Other than that, Sometimes I kill 5 or 6 mobs before I do a loot trip around the area picking up all my stuff. I think it's a more efficient way of grinding. :)
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sarean wrote: »
    Every time i go to a place where there are quite a few people killing monsters for quests, or sometimes just out in the middle of nowhere, i find coins and other **** no one picks up

I've seen people kill, then just walk away without picking their reward up. What's the sense in that?

I kinda want to take stuff just lying there, so it doesn't "go to waste" (if thats really possible)

but i also don't wanna **** anyone off.

Just loot it lol If u can pick it up, then you got the right to take it!

But anyway back to those that dont loot, there can be many reasons for that & one of them is that it can be a Bot that is running around...

I have seen many of those in my time of playing MMOG's, and all i can say is... if you see this kind on the pvp server, Kill them and ask after are u a bot? or say oh sry i thought u were a Bot :eek:

People used that back in Archlord and it worked wonders :p but on the PvE...hmm since it would be illegal to pull mobs to the bot ... i cant see how to "fix" the problem :/

But keep in mind that there are people out there that dont spend time on loot if there are Really close to "diiiiiiing" :D

I do that sometimes :eek:
  • Dannlyn - Lost City
    Dannlyn - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    u'll find alot of DQ items just lying around untouched. i dont understand why people dont loot them, can make 100k a day just npcing them if u kill a ton of mobs...
    100k?!?!?! MASTER!!!! LOL =3

I usually make it a point to pick up loot i see too for the sake of earning money thru selling :3 but 100k??? XD i'll be lucky if i get 10k :P but then again i don't play for long hours at a go T_T hate my IRL job... nuuuu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    // Dannlyn, Wizard of Lost City Server //
    // Night_Tenjo, Blademaster of Lost City Server //

"I will move Heaven just to be with you... because I promised you."