sword vs axe

firefrost
firefrost Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Blademaster
I'm sorry to post this, but I'm actually wondering about whether axes or sword to take, I know that sword is for 1vs 1 and axe for AoE and such, but in your opinion, should I take sword or axe? Also if one or another should I take single or dual?

Thank you :)
Post edited by firefrost on

Comments

• Pirates - Lost City
    Pirates - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would go single sword. Why? Hm...in general, a sword does more damage one hit and it makes your character looks cool (in my opinion).
    The sky isn't always blue
    The sun doesn't always shine
    It's alright to fall apart . . . sometimes. :)
  • necroreaver
    necroreaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok dont DONT use a single sword or blade, yes they look awsome buy one and equiped it if you want idc but not for battle, the Duel Blades are better then anyother blade/sword their lvl bc they require less str and dex and do more dmg and are faster( I know dosnt make since but its how it is) when it comes down to duel blades or duel axes its up to you, i love blades but i went axes for the stun for pvp im only lvl 27 so i mite change to blades bc axes hit stong plus they stun plus the AoE(which helps lvl alot faster) Blades they look cool, they hit way more often which could mean winning the fight, so when it comes down to it you have a Choice Duel Axes or Duel Blades hope it helps
  • Thienvota - Heavens Tear
    Thienvota - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Axe/Hammer does have good AOE/stun skills, but as far as accuracy ...not so much.

*Single Blade might underappreciated at lower level, but at Level 60 it's will be the first Twilight weapon could be crafted. Twilight is easier to craft than Legendary for sure (due to molder rarity). You can craft a lot of different Twilight Single Blade down the road (Level 60-80).

If you follow Sword category (single blade/sword, dual sword/blade) you can easily jumps over to Spear. Spear have good skills for both PVP and AOE

*Just my opinion
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Axe/Hammer does have good AOE/stun skills, but as far as accuracy ...not so much.

*Single Blade might underappreciated at lower level, but at Level 60 it's will be the first Twilight weapon could be crafted. Twilight is easier to craft than Legendary for sure (due to molder rarity). You can craft a lot of different Twilight Single Blade down the road (Level 60-80).

If you follow Sword category (single blade/sword, dual sword/blade) you can easily jumps over to Spear. Spear have good skills for both PVP and AOE

*Just my opinion

yup a sword/spear type is deadly in duels or monsters...
    decrease phy def (spear) and decreased phy offense (sword)
  • oscaracsoscar
    oscaracsoscar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well, a barb should use axes(cuz they got more aoe