really newb question >.>""

ang3lxlove
ang3lxlove Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Wizard
well im a complete newb to this game, and so just to make sure, how many skills can you actually have?

from what ive been reading about the wizard it seems like you can have skills in all 3(?) different magic spell types, but im not sure if that's true or if you have to stick to one type

im not so much worried about how long it takes to get a skill, as if it is possible to get one

like does the game say "oh you can only have 10 skills max, and you can't go beyond that" or "you only get this maximum amount of sp to spend"

or if it, if you take the time to grind enough sp and level enough, you can eventually max all the skills?

just making sure, because ive played a lot of different games, and all their skill systems are different

so if anyone can help me out, thanks in advance =]
Post edited by ang3lxlove on

Comments

• valag
    valag Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When you will max level of your character you should be able to use all skills. Earlier you will use propably (and stick with sp on them) two lines (f.e. water and fire spells).
  • ang3lxlove
    edited September 2008
    so it doesn't really matter if i put points into bad skills? like that won't completely mess me up because if i play long enough ill have everything anyway?
  • valag
    valag Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    propably yes, but still if you mess too much with skill this play enough will be a serious pain ;).

Best idea i can give you, just get all skills at level at last one, and after a few days, or even a week with the skill consider, if you need it ;).

And small tip: water shield and all 3 first demage dealers are very important, and max them out as fast as you can. Later, it's up to you and your game style.
  • ang3lxlove
    edited September 2008
    first three damage dealers being pyrogram rush and another one, right?
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeap (blah, post had to be at last 10 characters wide :/ )
  • serakano
    serakano Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, Pyrogram, Gush, and Stone Rain (Or whatever it is called) should all be definitely maxed.

As for the shields, there is a bit of justification for each one, but I personally find stone shield the most useful as it makes up for what you will probably be lacking most if you are a pure build, which is physical defence.
    If you have mana problems, then perhaps you could use Glacial Embrace, but I haven't really had any problems with mana that cannot be handed by resting for a moment or drinking a potion. Fire Shield is not incredibly useful unless you're fairly late in the game and fighting fire element monsters. The HP regen from it is not important in my opinion, because most wizards:
    1. Do not have a lot of HP to regen
    2. If you **** up, chances are you're dead anyways

Also, I've seen some people recommending getting the first water AoE, but I don't advise it. While it can be nice to have an AoE spell early on, it doesn't scale well at all and has a very small range.
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Don't forget to mention our healing spell. After lvl 24 i just forget about fire shield, unless i fight some fire spells casting monster (even then sometimes Glacial Embrace someties win, cause i have constant mana problem ;p ).
  • Dannlyn - Lost City
    Dannlyn - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    serakano wrote: »
    Yes, Pyrogram, Gush, and Stone Rain (Or whatever it is called) should all be definitely maxed.

As for the shields, there is a bit of justification for each one, but I personally find stone shield the most useful as it makes up for what you will probably be lacking most if you are a pure build, which is physical defence.
    If you have mana problems, then perhaps you could use Glacial Embrace, but I haven't really had any problems with mana that cannot be handed by resting for a moment or drinking a potion. Fire Shield is not incredibly useful unless you're fairly late in the game and fighting fire element monsters. The HP regen from it is not important in my opinion, because most wizards:
    1. Do not have a lot of HP to regen
    2. If you **** up, chances are you're dead anyways

Also, I've seen some people recommending getting the first water AoE, but I don't advise it. While it can be nice to have an AoE spell early on, it doesn't scale well at all and has a very small range.
    nice =3 will keep this in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    // Dannlyn, Wizard of Lost City Server //
    // Night_Tenjo, Blademaster of Lost City Server //

"I will move Heaven just to be with you... because I promised you."
This discussion has been closed.