Archer, dex build misses alot.

zelgadis
zelgadis Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am lvl 16, I use min str for armor and the rest into dex.

So far I have , 18 str and 69 dex, 5 con and 5 int.

When I cast my skills I miss 70%-100% of the time.

I have a macro that does, take-aim - frost arrow- quickshot - normal attack.

I use a lvl 14 quest reward bow.

And I am killing coral snakes in scorpion valley.
I get miss-miss-miss- dammage, or
dammage- miss- miss dammage or
miss- miss dammage dammage.

And it drives me crazy, after doing 4 hits the snake is allmost full health comes at me. My normal attacks usually hit, but my skill attack miss most of the time.

Am I doing something wrong, I think having high dex would give high hit/miss ratio and now the other way around.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I rolled an archer to try the flight, and I missed almost literally every shot I took. And this is at level 1, so it's not like I messed up the build...

Then again, I couldn't even figure out how to make the "charge" skill....charge. Holding the key didn't work.
    PVE is lame.
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It'll get better as you level along, more dex = better accuracy.

Also, to charge the charge attack simply press the skill's hotkey and let it charge (Indicated by the bar at the bottom of your screen filling up.)

Press the button again while it's charging will fire it and the damage will be determined by how much you charged it before shooting it pre-maturely.
  • wolfy142
    wolfy142 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if you still want to miss put con along the way ^_^

archer = pure luck, you may be owned if you dont have luck :p
  • snake89
    snake89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok look here i get what you saying but add things to your int and mag asswell this helps in a small way cause im only level 6 now but ive never missed a shot my stats:str=12;int=12;mag;12 and dex=20
  • mosh
    mosh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Just keep your stats/build on going, the more dex you have, the more chances to hit the enemy, you also need "lucks" to hit the enemy.
    Pain is the name
    PaS - Being 2nd is not an option
  • zelgadis
    zelgadis Posts: 3
    edited September 2008
    I didnt had any issues untill I hit lvl 16.

And I cant allways depend on pure luck, it is just I think if i dump 90% on my points into dex, I should have good hit/miss ratio.
  • zhaozhilong
    zhaozhilong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hmm dont understand, keep up with the build str and dex and to alow you to equipt the latest armor you can wear for your lvl , all the extra points put in con this is a hybrid build that does not die so easy even when mobs get up close, learn how to play an archer run shoot run shoot if they get to close and cant handle the agro this is how I take on mini bosses alone. trust me im a lvl 50+ archer very few mobs get close to you macro your skills acordingly and they wont touch you at all 80% - 90% of the time and some wont even hit you if they do get close with Agility added to your armor, adding more psy def to your armor helps I try to forge my own whenever I get mat. for forging and cross fingers to get better stats on equipment^^. remember raise stats only to armor and weapons requirements the rest in con might even put 1-2 points in intel for mana but not much might even reset that and just put it in con dont know yet. also try to max out some skills to 10 the skills you will get later on in lvls will be well worth playing an archer, doing 5-6k+ crits on mobs are awsome. your okay with what your doing just keep it up and you will do just fine. Archers are mega damage dealers that help them tanks out in a great way but warning if you go boss hunting with a lower lvl tank you will take agro lol thats the fun part.