howe do I start playing?

hdoe
hdoe Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
Help a real newbie question I have no idea how to run and play the game no desktop icon evident anywhere what am I doing wrong
Post edited by hdoe on

Comments

• murphdizzle
    murphdizzle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im lost as well
  • armpoa
    armpoa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well, if you've already downloaded the game. It then unpacks itself, then you install it.
    After that you should have an icon on the desktop.
  • hdoe
    edited September 2008
    I have downloaded the game unpacked and installe. no icon any ideas what to do now/
  • hydrocorsotine
    hydrocorsotine Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Press start -> all programs. Is Perfect World listed in there?
  • hdoe
    edited September 2008
    no it isn't
  • hydrocorsotine
    hydrocorsotine Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay , check C:\Programs Files\. Is the Perfect World Entertainment folder there? if not then it is not installed.

After you unpack, double-click on the folder and then double click on the install. A new window should come up. Follow the screen instructions.

Which operating system are you using by the way?
  • dormant
    dormant Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank you hydrocorsotine you instuction have helped me start :):)
  • hdoe
    edited September 2008
    got it figured out installed it in the wrong place in desk top rather that program files and had to turn off popup blocker fine now
  • heytherecutie262
    heytherecutie262 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hey thanks hydrocorsotine that worked. i think the problem thats making everyone messed up is that you DIDNT INSTALL IT. if you downloaded the NEWEST and FULL CLIENT on the front page of the website, it should show an icon on your desktop going to a folder it made for u... for me its " my documents". It will have a PERFECT WORLD FOLDER in it. go in it and click on the INSTALL icon. this is what u do to install the game, get the Perfect World icon , and then play! thanks hydro for the help lol. I hope this helps all the questions! =D
  • mantys
    mantys Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how can i downlaod this game?!?!?!?
  • wink23
    wink23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im confused, I have no idea how you play the game after registering,can you help me out?
  • mantys
    mantys Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yay i fiugerd it out woooohoo...!!
    but this thing is taking soo long...its takingl ike days man...god i m tired of waiting!!!
    i wnt to plaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy...the worst part is after all this if it duznt wrk...oooh that would suck
  • wolvenbain
    wolvenbain Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hat is un packing?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please post questions in a concise manner. do not post just to make comments. b:pleased

Please read our Installation Guide in PDF format thoroughly, which you can download from here:

http://www.perfectworld.com/media/PWI_Installation_Guide_FINAL.pdf

It explains the installation, extracting and patching process, with screenshots.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear
    Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Where is the face palm emote around here?? b:beatup
  • nikuu
    nikuu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    need elp getting it to work i made an account downloaded the game, i have no desktop icon so i went to my documents. there's defferent stuff of it in there i tried the icon one doesnt work and tried the downlad one doesn't work. help plz
  • nightshadow20
    nightshadow20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hdoe wrote: »
    Help a real newbie question I have no idea how to run and play the game no desktop icon evident anywhere what am I doing wrong

that is very helpfulb:laughb:bye
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2009
    Please don't dig up months-old posts.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.